1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

You're proving my point, a safe haven doesn't fluctuate 5% per day, or 50% per month.

As far as keeping up with inflation, my investments have beat inflation every single year since 2008.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

Minus an emergency fund, which serves a specific purpose, a safe haven that doesn't match inflation is a loosing proposition.  Might as well slowly light it on fire.

But yeah, staking ETH at 5% is a bit better of a safe haven than just BTC.  Hope everyone grabbed some when it dipped below $3,000 and if it ever dips again grab some more.  

21 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Minus an emergency fund, which serves a specific purpose, a safe haven that doesn't match inflation is a loosing proposition.  Might as well slowly light it on fire.

But yeah, staking ETH at 5% is a bit better of a safe haven than just BTC.  Hope everyone grabbed some when it dipped below $3,000 and if it ever dips again grab some more.  

Agreed.  The purpose of a safe haven is to provide stability during times of volatility, either for emergency or reinvestment.  Since crypto trades along with a highly volatile stocks, it is by definition not a safe haven, and why cdub has no idea what he's talking about.

32 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Agreed.  The purpose of a safe haven is to provide stability during times of volatility, either for emergency or reinvestment.  Since crypto trades along with a highly volatile stocks, it is by definition not a safe haven, and why cdub has no idea what he's talking about.

Inflation is officially 7% (but we all know it's more) Bonds earn you 1.75%. Your investment isn't safe. It's not earning you anything. You are losing purchasing power every single day.

Go back to what you know which happens to be defending pedos.

21 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Inflation is officially 7% (but we all know it's more) Bonds earn you 1.75%. Your investment isn't safe. It's not earning you anything. You are losing purchasing power every single day.

Go back to what you know which happens to be defending pedos.

You are a very dumb person that doesn't understand finance and investing.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

You are a very dumb person that doesn't understand finance and investing.

1.75% :lol:

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

-40% :lol:

200% 10-year Compound Annual Growth Rate

Bonds literally losing buying power :lol: MuH 1.75%

I’m rooting for the geek club Bitcoin crew. Why wouldn’t I? Unless MDC has some. Wish I had the guts to buy some. 

• Like 1

Gutterdumbass talking to his friend about Bitcoin.

BUY BUY BUY!! :banana:

The frivolous stocks are getting cleared out. Just a matter of time before everyone runs for cover. It’s all happened before, it will happen again 

• Thanks 1

What a load of crap.  I decided to buy a couple hundred bucks of bitcoin to use to deposit to Bovada to avoid fees.  Bovada doesn't charge any fees for bitcoin.  So I opened an account at coinbase since it seemed like the safest place to do so.  They say I can't send the bitcoin for a couple of weeks.  Meanwhile, the $200 of bitcoin I bought last weekend is now worth $170.  I should have just paid the fees.

:wall:

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The frivolous stocks are getting cleared out. Just a matter of time before everyone runs for cover. It’s all happened before, it will happen again 

Can the focking housing market crash already? I am ready to pounce!

Yeah, I recently put some more money in.  I should have told you all so that you could sell and avoid the inevitable loss that comes with every crypto investment I make.  :mellow: 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

#metoo. I gotta get a place in Florida at some point. Fock winter. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

#metoo. I gotta get a place in Florida at some point. Fock winter. 

In 2007 you could get a 3 bed for 100k... :( 

Everything is crashing down right now. 

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Everything is crashing down right now. 

Not short term bonds :lol:

9 minutes ago, vomit said:

:lol:

I'm not a crypto truther, but crypto is levered to the stock market right now.  Hedge funds need to sell their crypto to cover their leveraged positions.  Once the dust settles, you'll likely see money flow back into crypto.

That's what I was trying to warn you guys about last year when I said

"If the USD collapses, bitcoin doesn't go up.  It goes down because wall street investors will need to sell their bitcoin to cover their leveraged positions.  it doesn't take much to move bitcoin substantially.  Flood the market with a few billion in value, and the whole thing will likely collapse.  

That's not to say you shouldn't invest if you believe in it.  It's just not an either/or situation."

People treat Bitcoin like it's independent of the rest of the markets.  It's all intertwined because the hedge funds have so much of it and the market isn't as liquid as people pretend it is.  Holding Bitcoin doesn't insulate you from problems... At least in the short term.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

:lol:

I'm not a crypto truther, but crypto is levered to the stock market right now.  Hedge funds need to sell their crypto to cover their leveraged positions.  Once the dust settles, you'll likely see money flow back into crypto.

That's what I was trying to warn you guys about last year when I said

"If the USD collapses, bitcoin doesn't go up.  It goes down because wall street investors will need to sell their bitcoin to cover their leveraged positions.  it doesn't take much to move bitcoin substantially.  Flood the market with a few billion in value, and the whole thing will likely collapse.  

That's not to say you shouldn't invest if you believe in it.  It's just not an either/or situation."

People treat Bitcoin like it's independent of the rest of the markets.  It's all intertwined because the hedge funds have so much of it and the market isn't as liquid as people pretend it is.  Holding Bitcoin doesn't insulate you from problems... At least in the short term.

Exactly.  It's a speculative growth asset.  It's not a safe haven.  It's not replacing the dollar.  It produces nothing of value.  If you do it right and trade with the volatility, you can make a ton of money, just like other speculative assets.  These idiots that are saying it's a hedge against the dollar are clowns.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

What a load of crap.  I decided to buy a couple hundred bucks of bitcoin to use to deposit to Bovada to avoid fees.  Bovada doesn't charge any fees for bitcoin.  So I opened an account at coinbase since it seemed like the safest place to do so.  They say I can't send the bitcoin for a couple of weeks.  Meanwhile, the $200 of bitcoin I bought last weekend is now worth $170.  I should have just paid the fees.

Could be worse. You could be a dumb pro athlete that got paid in bitcoin this season. 

Buying ETH at sub $3,000 and staking at 5%, Rinse, repeat and profit!

Investing in some of the big name tech stocks that are getting hammered right now would be a good idea too.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

🤣  Sorry bro.  The only reason I'm in crypto is because I left $100 in bitcoin after funding a gambling account years ago, forgot about it and two years later when I logged in it was 3K.

Just wait till Apple and Lucid team up to make an Apple Car and will be living on a beach on a remote island somewhere

25 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Could be worse. You could be a dumb pro athlete that got paid in bitcoin this season. 

Ha! Was that OBJ? 

1 hour ago, vomit said:

Very true. Bond slowly loses money every single day due to inflation. Hell gutterdumbass would be better off with his sheckles in a mutual fund.

18 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Very true. Bond slowly loses money every single day due to inflation. Hell gutterdumbass would be better off with his sheckles in a mutual fund.

Wait,  now you have an issue with mutual funds?

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Wait,  now you have an issue with mutual funds?

Not at all I said he would be better off having his money in mutual funds rather than bonds.

Both of my IRAs are in mutual funds. It's the smart stock market play.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ha! Was that OBJ? 

Yeah he was one and just got a $500k bonus. I assume that if he got it Monday or over the last weekend he's been buttfocked for $60k or so.

4 hours ago, vomit said:

Exactly.  It's a speculative growth asset.  It's not a safe haven.  It's not replacing the dollar.  It produces nothing of value.  If you do it right and trade with the volatility, you can make a ton of money, just like other speculative assets.  These idiots that are saying it's a hedge against the dollar are clowns.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  It's trading like a high multiple tech stock. If that correlation holds, that's bad news in a high interest rate environment, since those types of assets are usually rotated away from.  I guess this is what bitcoin should be expected to do, though, right?  Rising interest rates should temper inflation, and if bitcoin is a hedge against inflation, we should be rotating out of these assets.

7 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

You just lost another 8%

7 minutes ago, vomit said:

You just lost another 8%

Nice! Buying more.

The first thing that goes is the toys. Then the fun starts. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The first thing that goes is the toys. Then the fun starts. 

Buying more toys.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, Gepetto said:

I believe now it was a great investment if you got in early.  But I also believe it's time to cash out as I expect it to drop a lot more before it rebounds again a couple years later.  I believe in it long term now too.  Just won't buy until it drops 80% or more.

Not a bad play at all. You still never know. Coins on exchanges are still shrinking

On 1/21/2022 at 9:31 AM, edjr said:

For real. I need to buy a house without a current house to sell, and I will need to buy 2 cars soon. I'm focked until bitcoin goes to 500k