27 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Hey man, just because you've never taken a risk in your life or done anything outside of your 9-5 doesn't mean you need to sh!t on people who do try. Plus you look stupid saying Blockchain is a Ponzi scheme, peak boomer dumbness.

Oh stop being such a whiny pansy already.  If you're gonna brag about being rich, be prepared to take some shots when things don't go your way.

And to clarify, I've taken plenty of risks in my life and done plenty outside of my 9-5.  I lost a lot of money in 2008, and still carry forward the loss from that.  And I never said blockchain is a ponzi scheme for fock's sake.  Blockchain is a technology.  The Ponzi scheme is all coins and exchanges, which you already agreed that most of these coins are sh1t too, and most of these exchanges are scams.  It's the dumb people that thought they could make 15% interest by letting an exchange hold their coins that lost all of it.

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Plus you look stupid saying Blockchain is a Ponzi scheme

What about “yield farming”?

Can anyone give a simple explanation of what the FTX debacle is? How this clown became a billionaire and how he focked up and is now worthless.

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

This is like the 6th "crash" ive been through with crypto. Doesn't even phase me anymore. I make money everytime it crashes. All the monkeys sell and the people that have always made money with crypto keep making more. The only people that get focked are the ones using sh!t exchanges or they panic sell. 

So its just like the stock market of the early 1900s.

9 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Can anyone give a simple explanation of what the FTX debacle is? How this clown became a billionaire and how he focked up and is now worthless.

It was a Ponzi scheme

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

So its just like the stock market of the early 1900s.

I don't know anything about the stock market in the early 1900s 

25 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It was a Ponzi scheme

Who stole the $? Seems Brady/Gizzelle fell for it.

Guess she'll have to make some BangBros videos. 

Just now, lod001 said:

I dont have the details here, but with other exchanges that collapsed, they promised investors that they would get high interest rates on their deposits and that they were safe, then they took the money and invested in in crypto, highly leveraged, so that when everything collapsed, they lost 5-10x what they invested, and there was nothing to give back to the investors.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I dont have the details here, but with other exchanges that collapsed, they promised investors that they would get high interest rates on their deposits and that they were safe, then they took the money and invested in in crypto, highly leveraged, so that when everything collapsed, they lost 5-10x what they invested, and there was nothing to give back to the investors.

But someone has to have profited from the 'crypto investment', right? They had to buy the crypto from someone who must be laughing right now, right?

Just now, lod001 said:

But someone has to have profited from the 'crypto investment', right? They had to buy the crypto from someone who must be laughing right now, right?

Yeah, anyone who sold it when it was much higher than it is now.

33 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I don't know anything about the stock market in the early 1900s 

Unregulated, volatile and rife with fraud.

38 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Guess she'll have to make some BangBros videos. 

It appears Bankman Fried did…and donated much of it to the libs

59 minutes ago, Bert said:

Unregulated, volatile and rife with fraud.

regardless of the "amazing technology" I do always chuckle at the old posts of people pumping it BECAUSE of its decentralization and lack of regulation. 

17 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

You know what's really scary? The banks are even more illiquid and over-leveraged than FTX and some of these other crypto companies.

but we know our crooked government will always help out the banks. The big rally cry for crypto was unregulated. Even though any smart person knew that no government would ever let bitcoin replace fiat, I have to assume that being happy with a lack of regulation in the space also meant being happy knowing if the shiit hit the fan, no one would be bailing them out. And yes I know bitcoin/ether/blockchain etc is not the same as the shady exchanges but at the same time, currency is not the same as the banks. 

SBF got some.  Do Kwon got some.  I'm sure the Koch brothers made a good amount.

Keep in mind, the entire crypto space is propped up.  The plan is essentially fake it till you make it.  Hopefully for the retail investors the world economy transitions to crypto sooner rather than later.

5 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Dumb people freak out, smart people get rich 

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

This is like the 6th "crash" ive been through with crypto. Doesn't even phase me anymore. I make money everytime it crashes. All the monkeys sell and the people that have always made money with crypto keep making more. The only people that get focked are the ones using sh!t exchanges or they panic sell. 

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Hey man, just because you've never taken a risk in your life or done anything outside of your 9-5 doesn't mean you need to sh!t on people who do try. Plus you look stupid saying Blockchain is a Ponzi scheme, peak boomer dumbness.

I know you are super into all of this and I would never claim to come close to knowing as much about it, because I have other things taking up my time but I kind of want to call bullshiit here. 

I don't doubt that after a crash, you buy more and make money on your new position... but are you really "making money" in the long run? As one of the biggest proponents, I find it hard to believe, even knowing you got in relatively early, that you were not continually adding more as it was going up. I seem to recall smaller dips where you were screaming buy and now it's well below those prices. I would venture to guess you have made purchases at much higher prices and taken big losses on those and perhaps some of your "crash" buys have allowed you to recoup some losses. Overall, you are probably up on your crypto investments, but you like to make it sound like every crypto move you make winds up a winner. You hodl at all the right times, you buy all the crashes.. not the fake out dips, and you never buy any highs :dunno:

It fits with your posting style here on the forums. 

I applaud cdub for having the balls to be transparent with his investments and man enough to share his mistakes. 

And I am flat out admitting that I wish I had bought bitcoin much much earlier in this thread just as a speculative investment. I've only ever made any real money off Ether and certainly not as much as I could have. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I know you are super into all of this and I would never claim to come close to knowing as much about it, because I have other things taking up my time but I kind of want to call bullshiit here. 

I don't doubt that after a crash, you buy more and make money on your new position... but are you really "making money" in the long run? As one of the biggest proponents, I find it hard to believe, even knowing you got in relatively early, that you were not continually adding more as it was going up. I seem to recall smaller dips where you were screaming buy and now it's well below those prices. I would venture to guess you have made purchases at much higher prices and taken big losses on those and perhaps some of your "crash" buys have allowed you to recoup some losses. Overall, you are probably up on your crypto investments, but you like to make it sound like every crypto move you make winds up a winner. You hodl at all the right times, you buy all the crashes.. not the fake out dips, and you never buy any highs :dunno:

I applaud cdub for having the balls to be transparent with his investments and man enough to share his mistakes. 

And I am flat out admitting that I wish I had bought bitcoin much much earlier in this thread just as a speculative investment. I've only ever made any real money off Ether and certainly not as much as I could have. 

Hopefully he sold all of his Carvana and invested at Bitcoin lows.

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

Hopefully he sold all of his Carvana and invested at Bitcoin lows.

BTC has also continually set lower lows over the past year. So to claim that he makes money every time it crashes is questionable for a few reasons

1. He'd have to be buying and selling (not HODLing) and doing a decent job of timing the swings. If he was simply buying the crashes, he'd be losing money.

2. This sort of goes against his general stance of buy and hold / buy more on the dips and crashes and hold. 

someone who bought in December 2021 lost significant money by mid January 2022. If you bought more in January... or waited until January because you felt that was the true crash, you've lost even more unless you sold your new position in March. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I've been opened about everything I do. I even helped Frozen get a bot set up. You just think Cdub is being more opened because he told you about how he got focked by Celsius and now FTX, I never had money in either. A lot of people lost money in Luna too, again never invested in that garbage.

I have multiple different accounts doing different things. I have my Binance account that I have auto trading with bots on CryptoHopper that is constantly making trades for me. All I have to do is change my profit take depending on what the market is doing. I have my CB Pro account that I trade with myself. I have staked coins in the EOS and Algo (one of my personal favorites) ecosystems. And some stuff in cold storage.

My biggest hits were CRO and Osmosis. I was never confident enough in either to post about it.. I MAY have mentioned something about Osmo. 

I dont know what you want me to tell you, I rarely miss. I do a ton of research before I invest in anything and I never panic. In my long positions I never sell early and I won't sell till I have a profit. 

Did you buy any BTC or ETH this time or find another reason not to invest?

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

I have multiple different accounts doing different things. I have my Binance account that I have auto trading with bots on CryptoHopper that is constantly making trades for me. All I have to do is change my profit take depending on what the market is doing. I have my CB Pro account that I trade with myself. I have staked coins in the EOS and Algo (one of my personal favorites) ecosystems. And some stuff in cold storage.

My biggest hits were CRO and Osmosis. I was never confident enough in either to post about it.. I MAY have mentioned something about Osmo. 

I dont know what you want me to tell you, I rarely miss. I do a ton of research before I invest in anything and I never panic. In my long positions I never sell early and I won't sell till I have a profit. 

I don't really WANT you to tell me anything. As I said, having known your posting style I don't ever expect to see any posts where you say anything other than how you are crushing it. 

I have always assumed that even though your general statements are to hold, because this is going much much higher, that you are actually trading it more than you generally let on. Which i applaud, because that's always the smart move even if you really do believe in the long term play. 

Also I was strictly talking about Bitcoin, not any staking you do or anything like that

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don't really WANT you to tell me anything. As I said, having known your posting style I don't ever expect to see any posts where you say anything other than how you are crushing it. 

I have always assumed that even though your general statements are to hold, because this is going much much higher, that you are actually trading it more than you generally let on. Which i applaud, because that's always the smart move even if you really do believe in the long term play. 

Also I was strictly talking about Bitcoin, not any staking you do or anything like that

I've literally posted buy X coin buy X stock in this thread. Quoted post weeks or months later with gains.

I don't know what you mean that I Iet on, there are pages of me talking about setting up my bot, where I do it at, etc... 

I'm invested in the EOS and Algo ecosystems. I'm staking because I'm invested in it, I didn't put my money there specifically to stake it. 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I've literally posted buy X coin buy X stock in this thread. Quoted post weeks or months later with gains.

I don't know what you mean that I Iet on, there are pages of me talking about setting up my bot, where I do it at, etc... 

I'm invested in the EOS and Algo ecosystems. I'm staking because I'm invested in it, I didn't put my money there specifically to stake it. 

once again, as mentioned in the post of mine that you just quoted, I was strictly talking about bitcoin. Apologies if there was a disconnect there. 

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yeah, anyone who sold it when it was much higher than it is now.

I see that but it sounded like it was his to give away? is that not the case? if not, it's jail time for him. 

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Let's not get carried away.  On the first page you recommend carvanna and weed stocks because they were "game changers" 

No games were changed.  And you'd be down today if you bought those.

You always said to sell NVDA and AMD in 2017 which was terrible advice.

28 minutes ago, nobody said:

Let's not get carried away.  On the first page you recommend carvanna and weed stocks because they were "game changers" 

No games were changed.  And you'd be down today if you bought those.

You always said to sell NVDA and AMD in 2017 which was terrible advice.

Carvana was $10 a share when I posted it and went up to $350 a share, tf you talking about, lol.

@WhiteWonder was the one recommending AMD and NVDA.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

How much is it now?

$10, what's your point? 

It went up over 3000%, you think that's a gotcha?

3 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Carvana was $10 a share when I posted it and went up to $350 a share, tf you talking about, lol.

I guess I missed where you said it was a trade.  I only saw where you said it was a game-changer.  I assumed if you really thought it was a game changer, you would've held on to it.  I'm sure you sold at the top though, Bull Market Buffett.

3 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

$10, what's your point? 

It went up over 3000%, you think that's a gotcha?

You got lucky on a sh¡tty company during a time of rampant speculation.  Your own words.... You thought it was a game changer.  How is the company on the verge of bankruptcy changing the game?  You got lucky. 

Normally, I don't care, but you're bragging about falling into sh¡t  You were right for the wrong reason.  That's called luck, Bull Market Buffett.

10 minutes ago, nobody said:

You got lucky on a sh¡tty company during a time of rampant speculation.  Your own words.... You thought it was a game changer.  How is the company on the verge of bankruptcy changing the game?  You got lucky. 

Normally, I don't care, but you're bragging about falling into sh¡t  You were right for the wrong reason.  That's called luck, Bull Market Buffett.

I was investing in online car shopping, they were the first to do everything online. That isn't going anywhere, Vroom or another company will take over that space.

I recommended a stock when it was $10 that eventually went up to $350, it's a major win call it what you want.

31 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I recommended a stock when it was $10 that eventually went up to $350, it's a major win call it what you want.

Did you sell at $350?

7 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

I recommended them as buys and was correct. Someone cautioned against them. Don’t recall if it was you

11 hours ago, TimHauck said:

It was a Ponzi scheme

To be fair, FTX was less Ponzi and more outright fraud.

Bankman ran both FTX and Alameda research. He issued his made up tokens from FTX to Alameda.  Then Alameda borrowed against those tokens and gave money to FTX.  

13 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Did you sell at $350?

No, I was out way before that. I don't invest in the stock market at all anymore.

20 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

No, I was out way before that. I don't invest in the stock market at all anymore.

Exactly.

Also anyone who doesn't invest in the market is an idiot.  You don't even have a 401k?

Good luck with crypto.