Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

10 year old boy flies off water slide

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/investigation-underway-after-10-year-old-boy-flies-off-water-slide/ar-BBBEFrB?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=msnbcrd

A giant water slide at a brand new park in Dublin, Calif., was closed for the holiday. An investigation is underway after a 10-year-old boy flew off the slide on Saturday.

Video provided by the East Bay Times shows that just seconds after plummeting down the Emerald Plunge, the boy's body hit the pavement like a rag doll -- just barely missing his head -- avoiding what could have been a tragic event.

Amazingly, he was able to get up and walk away with minor cuts and bruises

Amazingly, he was able to get up and walk away with minor cuts and bruises

That's going to cost his family MEELYINS!

This I don't get. Most things are so safety-fied as to be ridiculous.

Then we have shiit like this; a near vertical drop relying upon the Bernoulli Principle or whatnot. Wtf?

If you watch the video, he didn't fly off the slide...when he got to the bottom he slid out. I love the sensationalism in the story of 'the boy's body hit the pavement like a rag doll ".

It made it sound like he flew off the slide in mid-air stories above the ground and bounced off the ground.

Yes, scary - but not as bad as the story made it sound.

That's going to cost his family MEELYINS!

Yea I'd have been like "dammit kid, you couldn't have at least broken a leg or neck?!" Waste of an accident.

If you watch the video, he didn't fly off the slide...when he got to the bottom he slid out. I love the sensationalism in the story of 'the boy's body hit the pavement like a rag doll ".

It made it sound like he flew off the slide in mid-air stories above the ground and bounced off the ground.

Yes, scary - but not as bad as the story made it sound.

I've been hearing about this for a few days and assumed he went off the slide on the way down. We have a ride at Hurricane Harbor where you actually feel yourself leave the slide for about a second and are still maybe 4 stories high. I'll admit it scared the shiit out of me. I assumed this was like that...but watching the video I say "meh, no big deal at all."

What a cream puff generation, when I was a kid this level of accident happened weekly in my neighborhood.

Totally

here I was thinking he flew off the top or the middle.

He fell off the bottom?? :rolleyes:

What a cream puff generation, when I was a kid this level of accident happened weekly in my neighborhood.

Exactly....kids wouldn't have made it playing king of the mountain back in the day. Hell...we played it on regular playground equipment....kids just getting launched off the sides of slides....in the gap where there's a firemans pole, etc.

Waterparks and water slides have been around for years - seems odd we're just now having a rash of incidents like this..... Is it the slides are just now being made so high and steep?

Waterparks and water slides have been around for years - seems odd we're just now having a rash of incidents like this..... Is it the slides are just now being made so high and steep?

I think so....the margin now is getting pretty slim. I mean that schlitterbahn one doesn't even touching the slide at points on the way down.

I think they are pretty safe....but they are certainly pushing it.