Sign in to follow this  
fricker66

9 Days of Condiments Day 4

I actually enjoy Heinz 57 on thin, cheaper cuts of steak.

When I grill up bbq chicken, I add: A1 to Sweet Baby Rays, Dijon, mustard powder, honey, chili de arbol powder, garlic powder, onion powder and s&p to baste the bird

I actually enjoy Heinz 57 on thin, cheaper cuts of steak.

When I grill up bbq chicken, I add - A1 to Sweet Baby Rays, Dijon, mustard powder, honey, chili de arbol powder, garlic powder, onion powder and s&p to baste the bird

Yeah, we add worcestershire (sp?) sauce to our BBQ sauce, but I never use it on steak. Something about the taste reminds me of crappy Sizzler steaks. Probably because that's what I historically used it on. :dunno:

Not a fan of steak sauce. My wife loves to put A1 on hamburgers.

Not a fan of steak sauce. My wife loves to put A1 on hamburgers.

steakburger :mad:

Anyone ever try that jamaican Pick-a-peppa sauce? Its like A1, but a little sweeter. Its excellent, but you can only find it in those tiny little tabasco sized containers. I should have brought a gallon of it back from my vacation there

• Like 1

homemade.

not a huge fan of the store bought. though, occasionally i like pickapeppa on my burger

Anyone ever try that jamaican Pick-a-peppa sauce? Its like A1, but a little sweeter. Its excellent, but you can only find it in those tiny little tabasco sized containers. I should have brought a gallon of it back from my vacation there

:lol:

love it

Something about the taste reminds me of crappy Sizzler steaks. Probably because that's what I historically used it on. :dunno:

Kind of funny - I actually enjoy a cheap, thin cut sometimes. I guess it does go back to my childhood, does remind of eating at the Bonanza.

Someone in the grilling thread brought up penzeys spices. So i bought $50 worth of spices while semi intoxicated over the other weekend. So i got that Galena St spice and i used it on some chicken and attempted to make a BBQ sauce. It said 1-2TBS per cup of tomato sauce. My tomato sauce was expired so i used a can of tomato puree and a 15oz can of diced tomatoes. Figured i'd let it simmer and put the immersion blender in to make it smooth... It was salty as fock. So i added another can of diced tomatoes, then poured in some of my two roads IPA. Blended it up and it was still wayyyyy too salty. So i threw it all out, what a waste. Was a giant pot of BBQ sauce for nothing.

water or stock can help with over salting

I don't eat steak.

Wait...are you a vegan? Or just healthy?

I like A1 on pen1s. The savory aspect really blends in with the saltiness of the sweat and the semen.

I like A1 on pen1s. The savory aspect really blends in with the saltiness of the sweat and the semen.

I like to drench dog meat in General Tsao's sauce.

Something seems backwards about these two posts. :headscratch:

For the record, I do not enjoy A-1 sauce, but Bobby Flay's Burger Sauce, which tastes somewhat similar kicks ass on a good burger.

• Like 1

Peter Lugers' steak sauce is damn tasty

I don't like A-1 either and I rarely use steak sauce at all, but Peter Lugers' is good stuff. Also good to see you megla!

I don't like A-1 either and I rarely use steak sauce at all, but Peter Lugers' is good stuff. Also good to see you megla!

You as well, still playing year long FF or have you moved into DSF?

You as well, still playing year long FF or have you moved into DSF?

Still year long. I have avoided the daily stuff because I know with my addictive personality i'll probably lose my job, my marriage and my house if I delve into it.

So probably this year. :unsure:

These threads are making me hungry for condiments.

57, but only on fries

Still year long. I have avoided the daily stuff because I know with my addictive personality i'll probably lose my job, my marriage and my house if I delve into it.

So probably this year. :unsure:

LOL