Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Edex Cup II US Open Draft - TERMINÉ

cruz, this says everything about how bad we are at this :cry:

Its also a reflection of how fair of a guy I am.

cruz, this says everything about how bad we are at this :cry:

Wull, I'd call it untimely luck....I'm still 2nd in Cup Standings and I've consistently won tournaments and $$ over the past 2 years.

I think it just says you suck at this. :P

Its also a reflection of how fair of a guy I am.

:cheers:

Wull, I'd call it untimely luck....I'm still 2nd in Cup Standings and I've consistently won tournaments and $$ over the past 2 years.

I think it just says you suck at this. :P

:cry:

I need to win the next tournament to lock up the Edex Jacket

I need to win the next tournament to lock up the Edex Jacket

Dank van de Velde dead ahead. :D

I'm going to go try out the Clevelans RTX, Cleveland RTX Cavity Back (more forgiveness), and maybe the Ping Glide.

Going to go with a higher bounce, as while I'm a picker with my full shots, I tend to dig more with the half shots and when chipping.

my 52* is a CG16 black.

my 60* is a gorge glide ES (Eye Sole)

and my 56* is a worn out old vokey oil can. been looking at vokey, cleveland and callaway. I like a heavier head

Cruzer pays off our wager handsomely with a set of signature seasonings from a BBQ place in DFW (the name escapes me at the moment). Its pretty nice, I actually think a golf shirt may have been cheaper.

I will take a closer look and be sure to using these products for a 4th of July Cookout. I'll take the dough I won from Edjr and buy some ribs or something to cook.

Well Done Cruz!!!!

Cruzer pays off our wager handsomely with a set of signature seasonings from a BBQ place in DFW (the name escapes me at the moment). Its pretty nice, I actually think a golf shirt may have been cheaper.

I will take a closer look and be sure to using these products for a 4th of July Cookout. I'll take the dough I won from Edjr and buy some ribs or something to cook.

Well Done Cruz!!!!

Need to know the name of the BBQ spot......Then I'll let you know if Cruzer legit paid you off or if he trolled you.

Need to know the name of the BBQ spot......Then I'll let you know if Cruzer legit paid you off or if he trolled you.

Good lookin' out CBF :thumbsup:

I will let you know later or tomorrow. The stuff is on my kitchen counter at home.

Cruzer is a stand up guy, I really have no doubts that this stuff is legit.

Good lookin' out CBF :thumbsup:

I will let you know later or tomorrow. The stuff is on my kitchen counter at home.

Cruzer is a stand up guy, I really have no doubts that this stuff is legit.

CBF no doubt is the one trolling.

also a stand up guy.

Like Cruz and Pat.

Our little clique of spedexers has a great core

• Like 1

Well Done Cruz!!!!

Hey you bet buddy... It's from Angelo's... The Millennials will tell you the Woodshed Smokehouse is what bbq here is - they don't know shiit... Angelo's is the staple to us who actually played persimmon woods, blades and real balata balls growing up... This place was founded in 1958, been around a while.

• Like 1

Hey you bet buddy... It's from Angelo's... The Millennials will tell you the Woodshed Smokehouse is what bbq here is - they don't know shiit... Angelo's is the staple to us who've actually played persimmon woods, blades and real balata balls growing up... This place was founded in 1958, been around a while.

Right On, Cruzer. I will report back after I use this stuff.

Hey you bet buddy... It's from Angelo's... The Millennials will tell you the Woodshed Smokehouse is what bbq here is - they don't know shiit... Angelo's is the staple to us who actually played persimmon woods, blades and real balata balls growing up... This place was founded in 1958, been around a while.

I figured you more for a VAPO rub kinda guy

I figured you more for a VAPO rub kinda guy

Ha, I actually like Vick's vapor rub.. I hope that just makes me twisted and not ghey.

Speaking of - how many of you played persimmon woods growing up? I'm sure Pat did, who else? ......... Hell, I didn't get my first metal wood until I was a junior in HS.. It was an old Taylormade Burner Plus type, something similar to this..... To this day, my all time favorite 3wood is an old Hogan Radial.. I've never hit such a sweet feeling club, even now.. Damn shame it would only go about 215, or I'd still prolly be playing it... My irons were an old set of Hogan Apex blades.. The faces would rust, so I had to sand them down before I went out each time.. I'd have soot and shiit all over me when I'd get to the course. :D

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/jZMAAOSwB9xXOoTg/s-l225.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/mbcAAOSwSlBYzXbU/s-l225.jpg

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2013/post-246523-0-98334300-1376291853.jpg

I'll grade Cruzer on an old person's curve and give him a B-.

With pictures of famous Texans from the 30's eating there on the wall and the knowledge that Angelos was probably the best barbecue around back in the days of the Civil Rights movement, old folk do in fact over rate Angelos and consider it possibly the best bbq in Fort Worth.

So while Cruzer could have embraced the advances in technology that both allow 165 lb free swingers to crush 5 layers balls 350+ and also allow 'Cue aficionados to smoke prime cuts in a a succulent manner that the likes of Angelo Curious George never could have envisioned, Cruzer's historical artifact of a heart was in fact very much in the right place.

Enjoy your spoils Pat.

• Like 1

We need cruzer in the DNDL

Speaking of - how many of you played persimmon woods growing up? I'm sure Pat did, who else? ......... Hell, I didn't get my first metal wood until I was a junior in HS.. It was an old Taylormade Burner Plus type, something similar to this..... To this day, my all time favorite 3wood is an old Hogan Radial.. I've never hit such a sweet feeling club, even now.. Damn shame it would only go about 215, or I'd still prolly be playing it... My irons were an old set of Hogan Apex blades.. The faces would rust, so I had to sand them down before I went out each time.. I'd have soot and shiit all over me when I'd get to the course. :D

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/jZMAAOSwB9xXOoTg/s-l225.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/mbcAAOSwSlBYzXbU/s-l225.jpg

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2013/post-246523-0-98334300-1376291853.jpg

I'm still gaming Hogan Apex Edge Pro's... I've been playing them for over 15 years. Love them. Had persimmons woods back in the day in my first junior set of clubs.

Hogan's: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/5961-ben-hogan-apex-edge-pro/

I'll grade Cruzer on an old person's curve and give him a B-.

With pictures of famous Texans from the 30's eating there on the wall and the knowledge that Angelos was probably the best barbecue around back in the days of the Civil Rights movement, old folk do in fact over rate Angelos and consider it possibly the best bbq in Fort Worth.

So while Cruzer could have embraced the advances in technology that both allow 165 lb free swingers to crush 5 layers balls 350+ and also allow 'Cue aficionados to smoke prime cuts in a a succulent manner that the likes of Angelo Curious George never could have envisioned, Cruzer's historical artifact of a heart was in fact very much in the right place.

Enjoy your spoils Pat.

There are two things I know about: Golf (technology and history) and bbq.

I do admit, for my life, I'm not sure I'd rank Angelo's in the top 5 of best joints I've had.. But locally, yea - it's pretty good. And as you say, it has a special place for my aging ass.. I'm actually shocked that the Metroplex pales in comparison to some of the legendary bbq houses in the state. The best stuff seems to come from Central Texas and thereabouts....... #1, by a mile, is Louie Mueller bbq in Taylor, Texas. It's what Texas bbq is all about.

#1, by a mile, is Louie Mueller bbq in Taylor, Texas. It's what Texas bbq is all about.

And on this, you and I are in complete agreeance. I have only been to Louie Mueller's once. I am almost afraid to ever go back, as there is no way it could possibly have actually been as good as I remember it being. Best bbq I've ever had and there isn't a second place currently. Although I have considered pulling out the Texas Monthly top 50 map and designing a road trip one of these days, knowing that this could produce a challenger or more likely at least a clear 2nd place finisher.

And on this, you and I are in complete agreeance. I have only been to Louie Mueller's once. I am almost afraid to ever go back, as there is no way it could possibly have actually been as good as I remember it being. Best bbq I've ever had and there isn't a second place currently. Although I have considered pulling out the Texas Monthly top 50 map and designing a road trip one of these days, knowing that this could produce a challenger or more likely at least a clear 2nd place finisher.

I can attest, it's still holding up to form... I've been about 5 times, the last being November.. It's just out of this world.

I went to Central Tx on a golf trip back in early spring... There is a town down there between Horseshoe Bay and Austin, called Spicewood.... In this town you will find the legendary Opie's BBQ... I shiit you not, it's currently #2 on my list - heaven.

Looks like we're a week away from the Open Championship draft.

Ed, I'll send you my money later this week.

Now we are talking. I struggled to find motivation as we drafted for the Georgia Dixie major, the Kia Rio Open, and whatever small time American Title championship we had om Dad's Day weekend. All are nice cute titles to have I suppose, but they don't get champions out of bed before 11am on a weekend.....but this.....the open......The entire WORLD'S Open....Now a planet is on the line!...These are my type of stakes!.. When I play Axis & Allies, I don't try to win one country's trophy, my eyes are on taking over the entire godddamned world. I'm pumped! Finally, you've dangled a carrot in front of me that is worthy of my taking a bite. Hard to imagine any scenario in which I don't have this one wrapped up early...wrapped up early and often.

Final Standings

Dain -31

Nuggs -27

Pat -17

WW -12

CBF -2

KSB -1

Ed +2

Cruzer +9

Fumble MC

One year ago

:cheers: