Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One/Two Commentary - June Mock 2017 **

First pick.... Yeaahhhh boiiiii

We're off and running! Bell would not have been my first pick, but can't argue with the logic. I just think there is one safer pick than him if not 2 or 3. Still, he probably has as much upside as anyone for sure.

Welcome from Colorado to everyone this year!

I'm probably going to be incommunicado for most of this morning/afternoon. I'll send Fumble a list for my first pick, and check in when I can and hope I don't hold up my second pick too much.

riceman is a left coaster so it will be another hour.

I've sent him an email. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

We're off to slow start this year!

This early in the draft, the picks kind of make themselves.

ICEMAN

Can't argue with that. Things will get interesting soon, though...

We're off and running! Bell would not have been my first pick, but can't argue with the logic. I just think there is one safer pick than him if not 2 or 3. Still, he probably has as much upside as anyone for sure.

i think hes the most dynamic player in fantasy. Granted, this isn't PPR but he was tops at the position on a points per game basis in those formats last season. And in non PPR I believe he finished 2nd to Johnson on a per game basis. Factor in him being my favorite of the top 3 backs, the fact I could write a thesis on why the stud RB theory is very much alive, and the fact I simply like Bell's situation most and it was a fairly easy choice for me

Johnson would have been my choice, but Bell makes sense. I definitely like both better than Elliott at this point.

I wanted Johnson over Elliot but knew I was taking whichever guy was left. In this non-ppr format Elliot is just fine. The fact that the Boys moved Dunbar tells me that Elliot might improve on his 32 catch 363 yard season and smash the 2000 yard combined mark he just missed by 6 yards last season. (1994 yards combined with 16 TD's) 2,100 combined and 18 TD's is my projection for this season, given health.

I wanted Johnson over Elliot but knew I was taking whichever guy was left. In this non-ppr format Elliot is just fine. The fact that the Boys moved Dunbar tells me that Elliot might improve on his 32 catch 363 yard season and smash the 2000 yard combined mark he just missed by 6 yards last season. 2,100 combined and 18 TD's is my projection.

Anybody that has a RB with those numbers on the roster has an advantage on the field given how sketchy the position becomes after the top 10-15.

• Like 1

Sorry guys. A bit late today. Happy with my Johnson pick. He's my #1 over Bell.

I agree, and had Bell #3. Not slamming the pick at all, just would have personally grabbed the other two first. Bell is who I thought I was gonna have to grab and that would have been fine with me.

*anxiously awaiting who will fall to me*

I can't post pics for some reason but just imagine the Mr. Burns excellent fingers...

This is an inauspicious beginning to the draft, to say the least.

ICEMAN

Shovel was around this morning. Hopefully, he's back soon. Haven't seen JScott or RLLD yet at all.

Slow morning. Hopefully, we'll get on track this afternoon.

This is an inauspicious beginning to the draft, to say the least.

ICEMAN

YOU'RE an inauspicious draft!

burrrrrrn...

Extremely slow. But knowing the quality of guys in the draft, it will get better.

I have 15 minutes, but then gone for an hour unless I can submit pick from my phone.

I'd like to trade my first round pick in next years June Mock plus my 4th rounder this year for Matt's Eagles pick. :P

ICEMAN

remember, this typically takes a week or longer to complete

Evans is my #1 WR in this format.

i like him but even in a standard format im not sure I like him any better than the three taken above him. Well... probably Beckham since he's a headcase.

i like him but even in a standard format im not sure I like him any better than the three taken above him. Well... probably Beckham since he's a headcase.

He outperformed all three of them last year.

I am somewhat surprised that the picks so far have basically followed what the "experts" have stated for 2017. I can see the first 6 picks are in reverse order from 2016.....and I don't see much has changed in FF in the one year. I still believe that while the top 3 running backs do separate themselves, that the WRs are still the elite pick and less risk of injury.

I know it is a strategy.......but I am leery of the experts picks of RB in the top 3 this year. Guess we shall see.

Ray hasn't even chimed in to say that he feels pretty yet. :unsure:

• Like 1

Ray hasn't even chimed in to say that he feels pretty yet. :unsure:

He's also good at mailing it in for the day a 3:01 Eastern time, so that does concern me. He is pretty though!