Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One/Two Commentary - June Mock 2017 **

Yeah, we do need Ray to show back up. I feel we can get most of the second round in today if he does.

Easy guys...it's only been a few since JScott picked...Ray is probably mulling over his options.

I am just sayin' Fumble, if we nicely treat one owner this way, then the same rule should apply for Ray. Maybe even more so given past history. Two hours rule is for all drafters. But, I don't want to create too much of an issue, you guys decide.

I believe it goes by last click. 20 or 30 minutes after the last time you opened a page, you disappear.

Ah that's nice to know

Sorry for being late earlier guys. Got a new pup yesterday and ended up at the vet with her. That being said, this does seem to be a pattern. Even worse that he ended up with Green.

I don't even know or pay attention to the rules because most of us have been doing this together for so long.

Sorry for being late earlier guys. Got a new pup yesterday and ended up at the vet with her. That being said, this does seem to be a pattern.

Someone needs to be the new crashofthedraftans

at 3:01 Eastern he calls it good because he has 2 hours to pick and that puts it after 5:00. This has happened in atleast 4 seasons, and often happens twice. It is annoying that it is this predictable and he continues to do it.

Agreed. The next time Ray goes over two hours, I will petition Mike about making a pick for him.

We need to do better tomorrow. We are generally through five rounds the first two days.

I find it appalling I can't post pictures...

you could just continually update your avatar from that current one of the really patriotic clown who finished all over that dudes face

you could just continually update your avatar from that current one of the really patriotic clown who finished all over that dudes face

I've found my counterpart. Thank you for revealing yourself....

Sorry, my MRI took longer than it reasonably should have

• Like 1

Wow....he picked! Thanks

Went back and forth on Jordy and a RB. RB/WR gives me more options come my next pick, and I felt Jordy was a pretty nice value.

Jibbing injury I presume?.....or launching the spinnaker??

Lost the rig, multiple people impacted, just a mess.....sadly

Nelson was a great pick up at this point. Nice selection V4E!

Nelson was a great pick up at this point. Nice selection V4E!

Agree. Cant be unhappy with Nelson at that spot. Viks always manages to pluck value

Went back and forth on Jordy and a RB. RB/WR gives me more options come my next pick, and I felt Jordy was a pretty nice value.

you did real good. He was the number one in this format last year coming off of an acl.

Was hoping Nelson would fall to me. Bryant is a decent consolation, but will be double teamed often.

Will chime in later on my picks. 15min to pick and eat lunch. Now back to meetings at work.

1.12 / 2.01 - Cooper / Howard

Cooper is on the verge of "stud" status. Whether you believe in the 3rd-year-breakout WR or not, his QB is on the rise,. They're going to realize quickly that they need to lean on Amari more. He'll become more of a go-to option. Only 5 TDs last season will show as an aberration. I expect him to add another 200 yards and double his TDs. And I don't think that's a very big stretch. So higher ceiling and already a high floor make him a nice late first rounder for me. Safe production with lots of potential. I know Jordy (already selected, so name dropping) has outperformed him and does have a better QB, but there's developing competition in GB and another new mouth to feed. So I'm guessing this is the year Jordy takes a step back.

I debated between Howard and Freeman (also already selected) and it basically came down to how many mouths in the backfield of each team need to be fed and how high of a draft pick I'd have to spend to 'cuff each of them. More risk in CHI than ATL obviously as the Bears seem to be in total flux but Howard did it last season and the same O-line is returning. There's something to be said for consistency even if they're not the most talented.

Hey Jeff:

"will show as an abortion"......... did you maybe mean aberration??

Ha ha.......................maybe you meant abortion, dunno!

Hey Jeff:

"will show as an abortion"......... did you maybe mean aberration??

Ha ha.......................maybe you meant abortion, dunno!

LMAO... love autocorrect sometimes. Fixed

:lol:

1.12 / 2.01 - Cooper / Howard

Cooper is on the verge of "stud" status. Whether you believe in the 3rd-year-breakout WR or not, his QB is on the rise,. They're going to realize quickly that they need to lean on Amari more. He'll become more of a go-to option. Only 5 TDs last season will show as an aberration. I expect him to add another 200 yards and double his TDs. And I don't think that's a very big stretch. So higher ceiling and already a high floor make him a nice late first rounder for me. Safe production with lots of potential. I know Jordy (already selected, so name dropping) has outperformed him and does have a better QB, but there's developing competition in GB and another new mouth to feed. So I'm guessing this is the year Jordy takes a step back.

I debated between Howard and Freeman (also already selected) and it basically came down to how many mouths in the backfield of each team need to be fed and how high of a draft pick I'd have to spend to 'cuff each of them. More risk in CHI than ATL obviously as the Bears seem to be in total flux but Howard did it last season and the same O-line is returning. There's something to be said for consistency even if they're not the most talented.

I am a believer in Cooper as well, I think you are likely correct about him. I hope you are....

I wish I could have a little more faith in Ajayi......I picked him in most of my rookie drafts last year only to see him roosted n the bench while Miami went out and plucked up has-been's.....it was odd to me the way they seemed to marginalize him like that.

At the time I was thinking that maybe it wasn't a talent thing but something else. In one keeper league I traded him away....and he promptly exploded the next week.....sigh

I have a few questions about him.....

1) Why was he benched liked that, what the heck was going on there? I believe he eventually took the field only because of injuries racking up

2) Yes he has talent, but can he perform at a round 2 level for an entire season?

3) Did we see a "burst" from him because he was pissed and how likely is he to repeat that kind of impressive output?

Rodgers at 2.8 is only a slight reach, you wanted him and you knew darn well he would not be there at the next pick.

I like it.....

I wish I could have a little more faith in Ajayi......I picked him in most of my rookie drafts last year only to see him roosted n the bench while Miami went out and plucked up has-been's.....it was odd to me the way they seemed to marginalize him like that.

At the time I was thinking that maybe it wasn't a talent thing but something else. In one keeper league I traded him away....and he promptly exploded the next week.....sigh

I have a few questions about him.....

1) Why was he benched liked that, what the heck was going on there? I believe he eventually took the field only because of injuries racking up

2) Yes he has talent, but can he perform at a round 2 level for an entire season?

3) Did we see a "burst" from him because he was pissed and how likely is he to repeat that kind of impressive output?

1) He was benched because Gase knew his upside based on his college production and pedigree. That is a Belichick move to put people in their place and let them know they are expendable.

2) Health is the only concern as he did it with a not so exceptional offensive line last year against elite defensive fronts.

3) I think highly likely given he's done it consistently at the college level. It comes down to his dedication to the game and health like all backs.

I held onto him in my big money league last year from the draft (drafted him for $4) and sold him this year with Tyreek Hill for $83.

Rodgers at 2.8 is only a slight reach, you wanted him and you knew darn well he would not be there at the next pick.

I like it.....

I don't mind it at all. 2 QB league. He's super durable and plays through pain.

Not even concussions can slow this dude down. :D Let's see how he does with a better receiving corp and 4 more games.

I have him down for 4800 yards and 37 passing Td's. He will add one sneak to beat the Dolphins in comeback fashion :doh: , bringing his total to 38.

All joking aside he seems like the safest QB left on the board for steady production.