Sign in to follow this  
12th Man

Global Warm, er, Climate Chan, er, SCIENCE = WRONG!

:lol:

The Thwaites Glacier in West Antarctica has been a source of concern for global warming alarmists who hysterically suggest that the melting of the glacier will cause a global catastrophe. But a new study has put forth an inconvenient truth for the alarmist crowd: ice loss from the Thwaites Glacier is slower than originally expected.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/17160/uh-oh-ice-loss-thwaites-glacier-slower-expected-aaron-bandler

There are remnants of Viking farms under the ice sheet in Greenland.

• Like 1

Good thing they got that new stadium in Minnesota.

• Like 1

Al Gore - The coast lines will disappear in a decade.

Also Al Gore - Thanks for the money I'm going to buy this 30,000sq ft house on the coast line.

• Like 1

Wait, so the Thwaites Glacier is melting, though?

Just slower than expected?

Yeah. They misjudged the rate of the problem, therefore, there is no problem.

Logic.

ETA: you always know you are reading solid, unbiased reporting when you see words like "hysterical" and "alarmist". :eyeroll:

Logic.

ETA: you always know you are reading solid, unbiased reporting when you see words like "hysterical" and "alarmist". :eyeroll:

Tbb big picture here. Yes it's melting but this is why we don't believe all their science facts. When the facts don't work they just move the goal posts

I seriously migh take it more serious if the two leading jackasses on the topic weren't al gore and bill nye

And it's not so much that I don't think we can have an effect on climate it's that at how much? 1% 5%? They don't know but the obvious solution is give more money to the govt to waste on sylendral (spelling)

Al Gore and Bill Nye are not the leading experts on the topic.. you just choose to be informed by them.

Al Gore and Bill Nye are not the leading experts on the topic.. you just choose to be informed by them.

Their role is to dumb it down for the average person. I don't think that they have gotten to the proper level of stupid for many people.

Note how the libs ignore that fact.

Or maybe the vikings released too much freon into the atmosphere.

Logic.

You mean like "they" misjudged that the next ice age was upon us in the 70s? Science!!!!

If you feel like killing a few hours...well worth a listen:

• Like 1

My porridge is too hot a.k.a. Global Warming

My porridge is too cold a.k.a. Climate Change

My porridge is just right a.k.a. AFTER you pay the 4 Trillion dollars we need to keep this gravy train with biscuit wheels moving.

Global warning is undeniable. Unless you're a retard.

Man's affect on that is up for debate.

Hth

Hth

Care to explain the unprecedented summer ice mentioned a few posts above?

Also, we had Global Warming then when it began to cool it changed to Climate Change now you're saying there's a Global Warning? Wow................is that where people spontaneously turn into meatheads?

Also, we had Global Warming then when it began to cool it changed to Climate Change now you're saying there's a Global Warning? Wow................is that where people spontaneously turn into meatheads?

in fairness, I did say that it's undeniable to anyone who's not a retard

in fairness, I did say that it's undeniable to anyone who's not a ###### retard

I'm not denying there's Climate Change..............some folks call it weather or seasons.

You failed to explain how there could be unprecedented summer ice. Please, continue.

I'm not denying there's Climate Change..............some folks call it weather or seasons.

You failed to explain how there could be unprecedented summer ice. Please, continue.

I didn't fail to explain it. I didn't attempt to explain it. I didn't even read anything about it. Also, I am not a scientist. I'll tell you what, you do research on climate change and explain to me all the data that thousands of scientists have come up with proving that the climate is getting warmer, and then I'll explain to you about one summer where there was Ice. Dumbass

I didn't fail to explain it. I didn't attempt to explain it. I didn't even read anything about it. Also, I am not a scientist. I'll tell you what, you do research on climate change and explain to me all the data that thousands of scientists have come up with proving that the climate is getting warmer, and then I'll explain to you about one summer where there was Ice. Dumbass

Summer where there was unprecedented ice. To help you understand what unprecedented means, I'll use an ANAL-ogy that you understand.

Say you're eating a$$ and encounter an amount of corn and/or peanuts you've never seen before. That would be unprecedented.

Summer where there was unprecedented ice. To help you understand what unprecedented means, I'll use an ANAL-ogy that you understand.

Say you're eating a$$ and encounter an amount of corn and/or peanuts you've never seen before. That would be unprecedented.

stop wasting time. You have a lot of scientists research to explain to me. Go!

stop wasting time. You have a lot of scientists research to explain to me. Go!

Sorry but you can't polish a turd. There's obviously a teflon coating on that skull of yours. Like that orange skillet that you can bake cheese on.

Sorry but you can't polish a turd. There's obviously a teflon coating on that skull of yours.

I'd rather argue abortion. Or death penalty. At least that's opinion. Global warming is a fact. Proven by scientists. It's not my problem that you're such a political hack that your brain just refuses to see what's obvious to everyone else. What's the saying? The great thing about science is, it's true whether you believe it or not. LOL

I'd rather argue abortion. Or death penalty. At least that's opinion. Global warming is a fact. Proven by scientists. It's not my problem that you're such a political hack that your brain just refuses to see what's obvious to everyone else. What's the saying? The great thing about science is, it's true whether you believe it or not. LOL

They stopped calling it Global Warming about the time you stopped frosting your hair (at least I think you stopped).

It's now referred to as Climate Change because of cooling in some areas.

They stopped calling it Global Warming about the time you stopped frosting your hair (at least I think you stopped).

It's now referred to as Climate Change because of cooling in some areas.

since I burned your ass there's always wordplay to fall back on. LOL I'll take that as your white flag. Have a good one

since I burned your ass there's always wordplay to fall back on. LOL I'll take that as your white flag. Have a good one

Link to where you burned me?

You and Sho are cut from the same cloth. Get your a$$ beat like a drum then point to my bloody hand and say "See.......I made you bleed".

Hth

Dr. Patrick Moore, PHD in Ecology and founder of Greenpeace--But Newbie knows more than this guy.

Hth

I guess Newbie knows more than Nobel laureate Ivar Giaever

Also, we had Global Warming then when it began to cool it changed to Climate Change now you're saying there's a Global Warning? Wow................is that where people spontaneously turn into meathead

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/climate-change-study-1.4157216

The temperatures weren't so cold that they froze waters off the Canadian East Coast. Ice had broken off from the Arctic and traveled southward. Really surprised Breitbart didn't address that fact. Convenient.

The temperatures weren't so cold that they froze waters off the Canadian East Coast. Ice had broken off from the Arctic and traveled southward. Really surprised Breitbart didn't address that fact. Convenient.

Stop confusing him...he thinks he is kicking someone's ass...:lol:

Newbie's trainer.............

He's too stupid to realize he has lost....

Strong northeastern winds started packing in ice in late April and never stopped, said Gascon. The result was sea ice conditions treacherous for even an icebreaker to navigate.

"We never had any issues in the past of this nature," she said. "Very severe ice conditions."

Yes..................there is Climate Change i.e. something on Earth changed.

Strong northeastern winds started packing in ice in late April and never stopped, said Gascon. The result was sea ice conditions treacherous for even an icebreaker to navigate.

"We never had any issues in the past of this nature," she said. "Very severe ice conditions."

Yes..................there is Climate Change i.e. something on Earth changed.

You asked for an explanation for the ice levels. It was a good question because I think it provides some much needed context to the story. For whatever reason Breitbart didn't think so.

But that's why we ask questions and dig up the relevant info instead of just taking shoddy reporting as fact. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

so I finished 3 hours of the Randall Carlson interview on Joe Rogan, that dude is insanely smart and knows his stuff

one of my favorite things I got from this

over the last 100 years the co2 ppm has raised from 400ppm to 500ppm

thats basically like saying if you had a fish tank with 10,000 fish in it, and every 10 years you add 1 more fish, how significant is it really

also when vegetation grows the most/best is when ppms reach the 900-1200 range, burn areas have high co2 ppm and vegetation can grow back really quick

no matter what side of the fence you are on, if you can watch/listen to this interview even in 30 min increments while driving or whatever its really good facts/explanations, going to start part 2 later today