Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

** Round Three & Four Commentary**

Dis. Cuss.

Or be nice.

Whatever you wish to do and be, do and be it here. B)

One of the biggest things I wanted to see from this draft early on was whether or not anyone went RB-RB in the first two rounds.

No one did.

Sign of the times.

Ya'll will have fun with this but I need to try to field a team that scores points. Adams was the #7 scorer at Wr last season, in this format, and the 12th most targeted for the year. (Jordy didn't have that bad a year himself being the top scoring wideout, so they coexist well) After the Pack opened up their offense in week 7, Adams was the 4th most targeted receiver in the league, garnering two more targets than Jordy.....119 to 117, He had 12 td catches for the year, 9 of them from week 7 on. Davante was the #3 Wr in the league from wk 7 on ahead of OBJ and Brown, behind only Jordy and Evans.

I'm looking for similar numbers, projecting 80 catches for 1100 yards and 12 Td's

Had another receiver dialed up and just couldn't pull the trigger on him.

Have fun with this one. :bandana: Easily the most controversial pick this draft will see. Don't see him coming back to me and I like owning The Pats, The Cowboys, and the Packers offenses presently.

I don't have a problem with this pick. Wondering, though, if Brady would have made it back to you at 3.03. That would have allowed you to team him with Cooks who I think has tremendous upside. Just a thought.

By the way, we haven't discussed Gronk lasting until 2.11 yet. Where to pick Gronk is a topic of good discussion, as usual.

I don't usually factor injury into my decisions unless there is a strong case for repeat or lingering issues... gronk hadn't played a full skate of games in a few years.

Then again I don't typically take tight ends or qbs very early as most of you know

I don't have a problem with this pick. Wondering, though, if Brady would have made it back to you at 3.03. That would have allowed you to team him with Cooks who I think has tremendous upside. Just a thought.

I was not interested in Cooks with gronk and other targets still available and his move to a new scheme. Brady doesn't throw the deep ball like Brees by a long shot. D. Thomas wasn't the guy I was struggling with either.

One of the biggest things I wanted to see from this draft early on was whether or not anyone went RB-RB in the first two rounds.

No one did.

Sign of the times.

I very nearly took fournette but I really wanted to pair Baldwin and cooks. Both have traditionally been the types of players to have very big weeks every now and then which plays well in our format.

I was not interested in Cooks with gronk and other targets still available and his move to a new scheme. Brady doesn't throw the deep ball like Brees by a long shot. D. Thomas wasn't the guy I was struggling with either.

Not sure how much I agree with the brees and brady comparison there. Also it's a misconception that Cooks is only a deep threat. A lot of his big plays come on slants breaking free. The deep ball is in play for sure. My biggest concern, as you mentioned are the extra mouths in new england.

Not sure how much I agree with the brees and brady comparison there. Also it's a misconception that Cooks is only a deep threat. A lot of his big plays come on slants breaking free. The deep ball is in play for sure. My biggest concern, as you mentioned are the extra mouths in new england.

you need to study both your points here. Brees has a much bigger arm and Cooks was not brought in as Welker....he was brought in as a Randy Moss type to open the middle up.

you need to study both your points here. Brees has a much bigger arm and Cooks was not brought in as Welker....he was brought in as a Randy Moss type to open the middle up.

Nope. I totally understand what you're saying. What I was getting at is that Brady can throw a very good deep ball so that's not really a concern for me and despite new england viewing cooks as their outside threat-next randy moss, unlike randy he is much more multi dimensional. Welker was one domensional. Cooks is not going to be Welker but he has the ability to line up anywhere and run any route

Nope. I totally understand what you're saying. What I was getting at is that Brady can throw a very good deep ball so that's not really a concern for me and despite new england viewing cooks as their outside threat-next randy moss, unlike randy he is much more multi dimensional. Welker was one domensional. Cooks is not going to be Welker but he has the ability to line up and run any route

I wasn't trying to sound catty above. Cooks does have extra elements to his game, and they have another pretty good one of those in house. They need to top blown off.

It's funny me saying the super bowl Champs need ANYTHING! LOL!

No one did.

Sign of the times.

I briefly considered Lamar. I had him over the rookie and Gurley. He gets used heavily.

Gronk-too early for me. Round 5/6 is the only place I would take him.

Cooks-very good pick here. I almost took him last pick, but new team could pose some ???? and it is Belicheat as HC.

Adams-no problem with the pick, a little early for my blood, but if you want a guy.....go get him!

Getting Gurley as 3.06 is great value (for me) IMO. First rounder last year, I know he plays for the Rams, but he is a RB1 on that team without much behind him to push for playing time. I didn't want a RB this early, but he was the BPA so I couldn't pass on him!

I wasn't trying to sound catty above. Cooks does have extra elements to his game, and they have another pretty good one of those in house. They need to top blown off.

It's funny me saying the super bowl Champs need ANYTHING! LOL!

Personally i don't believe they have anyone else in house who brings the dimensions cooks brings. The deep speed, the short routes, ability to line up in the backfield etc.. I know who you're talking about but I don't think they compare

(Yes I'm a cooks fan but a jets fan as well so it's bitter sweet to pick him :D )

Matt got sniped... the first two players on his list were Lamar Miller and Todd Gurley who went right before his pick. Settled for Alshon.

I was torn between Fournette, Miller & Gurley. The reason that I went with Fournette over Lamar Miller is that I think he is more talented than Miller and O'Brien has already said that he is going to reduce the amount of touches that Miller gets this season (compared to last year). With Gurley, even if he is as talented as Fournette, that Rams Offensive Line blows and no team is going to be afraid of Goff. He'll be facing 8-9 guys in the box almost every down. I know that Fournette will have Bortles as his QB, but the Jaguars have far better receivers than the Rams do and that should mean a little more space for Fournette to run.

ICEMAN

Really good value on Miller and Gurley there. Should both be top five in the league in carries. The question is: What will their YPC be?

Personally i don't believe they have anyone else in house who brings the dimensions cooks brings. The deep speed, the short routes, ability to line up in the backfield etc.. I know who you're talking about but I don't think they compare

(Yes I'm a cooks fan but a jets fan as well so it's bitter sweet to pick him :D )

they don't compare physically but cooks isn't gonna replace that position and they both not attack the middle with gronk. Not at all dissing his physical attributes just feel the new system pigeon holes him a bit more on top of learning it and the other guy garners many looks

It is this wide range of projection that makes Cooks a guy to watch this year. Few doubt his upside, but there is great disagreement (obviously) about his fit in the system.

Round three has unfolded pretty much as I would have expected from you guys, this group always drafts extremely well

Love Crowell and was hoping for him in the 4th.

I am tepid on him, have drafted him in the past and he always seems to disappoint. Being on Cleveland makes me shy away as well, the right pick for where taken, but god it sucks to have to take someone like him

Crowell's upside is somewhat limited by the backup taking receptions away, but he put up good numbers with limited carries last year. The Browns have improved, including their line. If the Browns commit to him, he could approach RB1 numbers.

I considered a few other backs, but they've all got their own issues.

Crowell's upside is somewhat limited by the backup taking receptions away, but he put up good numbers with limited carries last year. The Browns have improved, including their line. If the Browns commit to him, he could approach RB1 numbers.

I considered a few other backs, but they've all got their own issues.

For me this is a really sucky part of the draft for this year, the talent is weak at best for the location being taken, in a regular/keeper/dynasty this is the area where I try to trade out of this pick.

For me this is a really sucky part of the draft for this year, the talent is weak at best for the location being taken, in a regular/keeper/dynasty this is the area where I try to trade out of this pick.

Agreed. Which is why I took Brees.

Sure hope a pick comes soon, I have an appointment in a couple of hours, with whom can I leave a list?

Sure hope a pick comes soon, I have an appointment in a couple of hours, with whom can I leave a list?

I'm your huckleberry.

In the meantime, I know what we can do. Let's have a spelling contest.

Good thing you didn't take him. You'd have to change your name to OneRB Joe.

RLLD: you could send it to me also, but sounds as if Joe will pick soon.

Would you want to send me a list for your next 2 picks, or just 3rd round?

Looks like OneRBJoe picked!!

• Like 1

Here. Just give me a minute to get caught up and I can get this back to Ray.

I would be willing to bet $100 that you're going to pick ________

Let's see if I'm right.