Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Five-Nine Commentary**

4.12 :ninja:

5.01 :ninja:

Joe Mixon.... almost went with someone else but I love his talent and Cincy didn't draft him in the 2nd round with the off field media attention to simply be depth. Part of me wishes I had grabbed Fournette in round 3 but I do happen to like Mixon more than Dalvin.

Jordan Reed.... just my opinion and I doubt anyone shares it but I believe Reed has more upside than any tight end in football, including the great Gronkowski. Of course, Gronkowski is going to be drafted first despite his own history of not playing full seasons and Kelce is a much safer pick. There is also another tight end who is safer but who i'd rather own in a PPR format. Tight end this early is not my usual plan of attack but I see a plethora of WR's I like later on.

Martavis Bryant - I was cringing a bit making this pick, feeling like it was a bit of reach @5.02, then I noticed his ADP of 4.11. Seems a bit high for a player who could be kicked out the league by Week 2. But man, his upside is sexy!

I had Mixon and Cook about even, but Bernard and Hill will cut heavily (at first) into Mixon's touches.

I had Mixon and Cook about even, but Bernard and Hill will cut heavily (at first) into Mixon's touches.

Most likely but I like the bengals overall offense better and think that the other vikings RB is more talented than Hill and will likely be splitting all season with Cook... at least this year

Fitting that ICEMAN would take Matty ICE...

I'm hoping Fat Lacy sniffs his incentives and avoids a few pies. Pete Carroll and this squad might be a great landing spot for him. I banking on some heavy goal line work and projecting 1,000 yards and 9-10 Td's. Still trying to concentrate on TD hogs from high scoring teams, and the Seahawk's Lacy fits the bill.

Picks emailed to Mike... tried to message them to fumble or Mike but messaging froze up..

That's weird. Same thing happened to Ray yesterday.

Graham wasn't at the top of my list, but I'd bet he wasn't going to make it back to me. He had a very good season coming off a really bad injury, let's see if he can improve on it.

Olsen about left the building at 5.03.

Yeah...I was happy to land him at 5.08. Good anchor.

Olsen about left the building at 5.03.

And at 5.04 as well. It was thisclose.

ICEMAN

I think that it is officially time to select for Joe.

ICEMAN

Should we wait a little longer, is it already time to start whining? I am never clear on when our possays should hurt over it.... :wave:

Had Pryor on my list for 5.09. Another player with nice upside playing with a much better QB, but a new system for a WR is always a concern. Especially for one with as little experience as Pryor has.

Pryor was a great pick for him!

Now, if Ray-Ray makes his 5th round pick SOON, maybe he can stay "on the Board" as Jeff should make his 2 selections rather expediently and Ray could then make his 6th round pick and retire for the day!!

Dangit, was hoping to grab Pryor there for myself, that is disappointing..... great pick....

Pryor was a great pick for him!

Now, if Ray-Ray makes his 5th round pick SOON, maybe he can stay "on the Board" as Jeff should make his 2 selections rather expediently and Ray could then make his 6th round pick and retire for the day!!

:bench:

Not sure what Peterson might have left in the tank, but I have to believe that at the end of round five his value as part of that pass-heavy offense is at least worthy. I doubt he has much of a role as a receiver, but you can load the box on him, and he is still a freak.... this is that place in the draft where you should find players that create separation for you, and he is that fascinating player where you can win big, or lose miserably

Here. Picking in just a few minutes.

All yours Ray. I'll comment on my picks a little later.

Derek Carr, seemed like the draft as approaching a tipping point for the QB position, and when i picked next I was likely facing something of a drop off that I did not like. Time to pony up for a QB, and Carr is a nice consolation at this stage in terms of value and opportunity.

All 12 guys are here...let's make some picks!!

YOU TELL 'EM FUMBLE!!!

ICEMAN

Marshall keeps wearing out his welcome, but it takes a couple years for teams to get sick of him. In the meantime, he usually puts up 1K+ yards and is a threat for 10 TDs.

• Like 1

Had Pryor on my list for 5.09. Another player with nice upside playing with a much better QB, but a new system for a WR is always a concern. Especially for one with as little experience as Pryor has.

Almost took Pryor last turn at 5.1

I will develop and share my yearly Defense By Committee worksheet this year. Last year jgcrawfish requested I do it since I had taken a few years off. It is basically a mathematical worksheet to use if you want to do a DTBC and not pick one of the top 5-6 defenses.

All I need from any of you who will assist me, is to send me your scoring of what you believe each NFL team's offense is ranked, from 1-10, with 10 being the best offense in the land. This usually follows a "bell curve", where the 9's and 10's have maybe 1-2 each and the 1's and 2's also have 1-2 each. The mid-teams, ranked 5 & 6 usually have the most teams.

So...... assign each NFL team an offensive power ranking from 10 (strongest) to 1 (lowest) and send to me at robbaustin@gmail.com

Thanks everyone. I will happily share the worksheet if you request it when you send in your rankings!!

I'm driving home from work. Will pick shortly

wait... Doug Martin is suspended?!?!?! :wall:

can I get a do over?

;)