Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Five-Nine Commentary**

In past years I feel as though there was more talent roaming about in this 7-8 round area, most of what we have to choose from feels like making the best of a bad inventory....JMHO

Welcome to 4 wr sets and RB by committee. Throw in athletic qbs or a handful of studs and this where we end up. This why Ppr is necessary and superflex taking off.

• Like 1

7.09 - Derrick Henry

Should get his share backing up Murray, and if Murray regresses or gets hurt, Henry could put up some pretty nice points. If I'd known Matt and Fumble were both going to take QBs, I would have grabbed Cam instead. Oh, well. The perils of leaving a list.

8.04 - Kirk Cousins

2 straight years of 4100+ yards and 25 TDs. He lost a couple weapons in the passing game, but hopefully it won't hurt him too much. Also getting pretty low on QBs I'd be willing to have as a QB1, and I'm sure the list will be even smaller (or extinguished) by the time we get back to my 9th.

• Like 1

7.09 - Derrick Henry

Should get his share backing up Murray, and if Murray regresses or gets hurt, Henry could put up some pretty nice points. If I'd known Matt and Fumble were both going to take QBs, I would have grabbed Cam instead. Oh, well. The perils of leaving a list.

8.04 - Kirk Cousins

2 straight years of 4100+ yards and 25 TDs. He lost a couple weapons in the passing game, but hopefully it won't hurt him too much. Also getting pretty low on QBs I'd be willing to have as a QB1, and I'm sure the list will be even smaller (or extinguished) by the time we get back to my 9th.

I feel Pryor is gonna really aid that passing offense. Pryor and Reed, with Crowder

Nice pick Fumble. I am very high on Devante Parker this season. He has all the talent in the world, a run game to take some heat off of the passing game and high level guy playing opposite him. All he needed to do was realize what it takes to be a professional, which it sounds like he has finally done.

ICEMAN

Nice pick Fumble. I am very high on Devante Parker this season. He has all the talent in the world, a run game to take some heat off of the passing game and high level guy playing opposite him. All he needed to do was realize what it takes to be a professional, which it sounds like he has finally done.

ICEMAN

Agreed. He was a target. I was lucky he came back to me at 8.05 after passing at 7.08 to get Ben.

My qb list is dwindling. Only 15 names left :(

My qb list is dwindling. Only 15 names left :(

Kind of why I didn't wait. I know Dalton is my 2nd QB, but not many left with a decent upside.

Not sure that Mariota is the right selection here. I wanted a second QB, and had 2 others in mind. Not Dalton tho.

Mariota has a new weapon in WR and he can run a few TDs in if needed. What scares me is Tennessee is a run-first team, so his passing may be limited. Thoughts?

Not sure that Mariota is the right selection here. I wanted a second QB, and had 2 others in mind. Not Dalton tho.

Mariota has a new weapon in WR and he can run a few TDs in if needed. What scares me is Tennessee is a run-first team, so his passing may be limited. Thoughts?

I like him as a high upside QB2, especially in best ball format.

• Like 1

Kind of why I didn't wait. I know Dalton is my 2nd QB, but not many left with a decent upside.

There is a 50-50 chance I'm the last person to draft any qbs.

Or not. I have not decided yet. I've always found this format doesn't really matter with them

Mariota is a BUY in all my dynasty leagues, and a great number 2 QB. I decided on Dak for my #2 so I could own the oldest and the youngest QB.

8.10 - QB Dak Pescott

Just shy of 4,000 yards last season with 29 Td's, 6 on the ground. Nice start for a young man thrust into the spotlight like he was. He cast is still fully in place, and line is still considered top notch. I see no reason for him to take a step back and project a slight increase in his passing totals. 3,800 through the air with 26 -28 td's, while matching his 300 on the ground and 6 td's. He was my #2 choice at #2 QB with Mariota my first choice. There are still some good Qb's left for Rice and White Wonder. Looking at Mike's rankings, my Dak selection will make him happy. He has him ranked 22nd and was not interested in him for Rice.

I am on board with the Marriota and Prescott picks, they have the real potential to play at a 3rd or 4th round level, maybe more.....good value where taken

I am on board with the Marriota and Prescott picks, they have the real potential to play at a 3rd or 4th round level, maybe more.....good value where taken

Likewise. I'd be comfortable waiting on QBs and taking them as a pair.

Dak is the only QB I might have taken on this turn. I think.

Not sure yet :D

Dak is the only QB I might have taken on this turn. I think.

Not sure yet :D

What are you talking about? Brock Osweiler is there for the taking....

Yup. I would have selected Dak. With him gone there is no reason to chase. Still several options I really like in BB format

Yup. I would have selected Dak. With him gone there is no reason to chase. Still several options I really like in BB format

:lol: Your starting QB is going to be about as bad as my #2 RB.

:lol: Your starting QB is going to be about as bad as my #2 RB.

Hackenberg

Was hoping Kelley would make it back to me...

Nope.

Hoping to get some cheap/stolen TDs from Blount.

I considered him instead of a second tight end

9.03 - Kyle Rudolph

Bradford's emergency arrival as Starting QB in Minnesota led to Kyle's most productive year. He was the most heavily targeted TE in the league last year (132) and only 10 points shy of being the #1 TE. His 7 Td's was also the third most by any TE last year. I am projecting a slight uptick due to familiarity. 850 yards and 8 Td's

The reaching into the TE position was not something I had anticipated, people drafting TE's a round or three early upset my plan of approach, and I was resigned to grabbing what remained on my target list for this spot. I had targeted this location as my TE spot and was interested to see what might unfold, I may have to rethink that approach moving forward and consider looking at the position at the previous pick-set..... OJ Howard as at the bottom of my target list for TE's at this spot, and I guess I am grateful to be able to even pick off my list, lol....

I like the TE spot for TB, i suspect that DC's will setup to dare the Bucs to look TE in many occasions, so at least he should have opportunity, now, the big question is can he step up?

My biggest hesitation with Howard is how well the other guy played last year and that it might cut into his production dramatically in year 1. Beyond, I think his talent will win out but initially there will be something to be said for the rapport with the other TE

My biggest hesitation with Howard is how well the other guy played last year and that it might cut into his production dramatically in year 1. Beyond, I think his talent will win out but initially there will be something to be said for the rapport with the other TE

I would argue that rookie TEs are rarely productive. Granted, it's uncommon for one to go in the first, but there's still a pretty poor history of rookie TEs putting up decent numbers.

• Like 1

I'm more surprised Ray didn't take OJ after the turn, given that I already had 2 TEs. I assumed he would take Hunt to go with Ware ahead of me since I needed RBs, but he did already have 4 so maybe not a position he was looking to fill at this turn.

Hunter Henry was pretty decent last year for a rookie...

I would argue that rookie TEs are rarely productive. Granted, it's uncommon for one to go in the first, but there's still a pretty poor history of rookie TEs putting up decent numbers.

....and the guy in house connected for 8 Td's with his QB last season. OJ will no doubt be thrown in to split time but that also includes Evans and Desean.

Hunter Henry was pretty decent last year for a rookie...

Yes he was. He was also buoyed by 8 TDs. Something I don't think you really want to depend on for rookies.

It was kind of odd how Gates led the way the second half of the season in everything but Td's , and then only by two. I had them both in a few leagues and it was a painful weekly decision.