Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Ten-Sixteen Commentary**

ugh, really Remote? stealing my Marvin

• Like 1

whenever there is a round 13 thread

13.01 - RB Theo Riddick, DET

ill still never understand the DST before round 16 in our format but meh.

**** then i quickly realized we changed the scoring format for DST :doh:

Normally I agree with you WW. It is one of the cardinal rules in FF....know thy scoring system!

Denver in the 13th is fair value here, IMO.

I was going to take him too...

Was considering him earlier until I read about LT Decker.

Normally I agree with you WW. It is one of the cardinal rules in FF....know thy scoring system!

Denver in the 13th is fair value here, IMO.

for some reason im still in the frame of mind that DST only scores return TD's ans safeties. I forgot that at some point we added 1 point per sack, int and fumble recovery. maybe not a huge difference but enough to make them potentially more than round 16 fodder.

for some reason im still in the frame of mind that DST only scores return TD's ans safeties. I forgot that at some point we added 1 point per sack, int and fumble recovery. maybe not a huge difference but enough to make them potentially more than round 16 fodder.

I'm pretty sure this is the first year it got added. I didn't realize the scoring had changed.

I'm pretty sure this is the first year it got added. I didn't realize the scoring had changed.

it wont change my approach. a DST can never "be hurt", no need for 2. it will be my round 16 pick which will be the last of the draft :thumbsup:

Will pick shortly. Been a little crazy since 5...

it wont change my approach. a DST can never "be hurt", no need for 2. it will be my round 16 pick which will be the last of the draft :thumbsup:

That in my opinion, is an unfortunate approach to take when drafting. If the scoring rules change in any League, and in this case, a rather significant change, then I believe your drafting strategy should change also.

I am not proposing drafting 2+ defenses, just be aware of the circumstances surrounding how one drafts.

I will be pleased to take the points you leave on the table, and I don't fault you at all for your approach. It's just not a strategy I would employ.

That in my opinion, is an unfortunate approach to take when drafting. If the scoring rules change in any League, and in this case, a rather significant change, then I believe your drafting strategy should change also.

I am not proposing drafting 2+ defenses, just be aware of the circumstances surrounding how one drafts.

I will be pleased to take the points you leave on the table, and I don't fault you at all for your approach. It's just not a strategy I would employ.

well, in my standard redrafts, I generally take a defense in the 2nd to last round with a kicker in the last round or no kicker at all. Traditionally, taking a defense in this league has been about filling the roster spot.

even with the change in scoring, we are talking about a very minimal difference between my normal drafting habits and prior habits for this league with my normal redrafts still giving more value to DST by doubling the points for turnovers, adding points for blocked kicks and awarding potential points for 'points allowed'...

could I end up with a dst and kicker on the next (14/15) turn? it's possible but will depend on what position players are there. Otherwise it will be a decision between using 15.01 on a defense or 16.12. We shall see

leaving points on the table is all speculative as the turnover in top scoring defenses feels only slightly more predictable than kickers.

I was thinking about giving him Dennis Pitta...

I was thinking about giving him Dennis Pitta...

Tar and feathers! Beheading!

*grabs pitchfork and torch*

Just give Ray his Ravens and let's get on with it.

I would be pleased if only he would make his selection now!

Sadly you are coming up again soon, so lets not get too excited.. FOCUS!

I have time to focus today... less meetings and not interviewing for 2 new jobs!! :)

I would typically wait another round-ish to think kicker, but to me there is Tucker and then everyone else, I suspect he will be the offense this year, gobs of points, more than any other player I might be inclined to pick here

Seeing some pretty solid teams drafted so far. Hard to pick my favorite. One thing I noticed was how early people were taking their second QB.

Seeing some pretty solid teams drafted so far. Hard to pick my favorite. One thing I noticed was how early people were taking their second QB.

I'm generally a big proponent of taking a QB2 early. There's only so many with top 10 upside. You don't want to get stuck with a Sam Bradford or Alex Smith.

Especially in best ball format, where a low end QB2 will get you very few points.

Wish we had a few more rounds. When I decided to grab a 5th RB after a 2nd TE, that pretty much ensures a week WR group.

Wish we had a few more rounds. When I decided to grab a 5th RB after a 2nd TE, that pretty much ensures a week WR group.

I'd be in favor of going to 18 next year. 16 is a smaller roster than I prefer, 18 allows more flexibility and fliers.

Don't go anywhere. You'll be up again soon.

Right, I am putting the world on hold to avoid any further whining....

Right, I am putting the world on hold to avoid any further whining....

That-a-boy! :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay. Had a conference call, then sat down to pick and my boss called. Will have both in just a few minutes.

Crap. Waited too long on Rawls. That's what happens when you get greedy in this draft. You pay for it.

• Like 1

Crap. Waited too long on Rawls. That's what happens when you get greedy in this draft. You pay for it.

I was watching him and wondering, even did a news search to see if people were avoiding for some reason.....the guy is a solid 9th rounder, maybe even an 8th; darn good value this late.