ToadSprocket

Can somebody explain briefly why Sanctuary cities are good

Seriously.

I am an Independent voter and come down on both sides of many political issues.

I voted against Trump mainly because on the campaign trail he mentioned that his whole operation was based on debt. Loans. I just felt monetary income was his goal. Plus, his rude and obnoxious behavior just didn't appeal to me for a US President. There were issues that I agreed with from that side of the aisle though.

What I have never understood from the Left was why Sanctuary cites. Why allowing undocumented aliens. Especially ones who commit crimes.

Why?

I hope somebody can explain this without it becoming a slap fight and meandering off on different subjects.

Again, I am serious.

The left is essentially your hippies that grew up and acclimated into the real world. Sanctuary cities are a horrible idea and will lead to more debt, poverty, and crime. But the left thinks that everyone should be accepted here no matter what. They love to spout off that our founding fathers would roll in their graves if they knew we were turning people away or saying they shouldn't be here. The Statue of Liberty is one they love to reference. However, that's only cause it fits their agenda. They think that still needs to be effective but things like the constitution with the right to bear arms needs to be amended cause it doesn't fit their thinking. They are hypocritical bunch and have no plan for anything

I don't know about other parts of the country but in cities like Detroit and Flint, they're empty shells of former glory. Detroit had been the 4th largest city in the US with over 2M people in the 50s, as of now is down to 700K. Lots of land, lots of empty spaces. lots of blight. I don't know where you're going to find people to bring those neighborhoods back unless it's immigrant populations. Anyone willing to work hard and not commit crime, and wants to build a life/community in the US is welcome to go live in Detroit city limits, so far as I'm concerned.

Can't answer for why dumbass San Francisco or Austin would want more people.

• Like 1

Because local funds and resources shouldn't be used to do what should be one of the few jobs of the federal government.

Because local funds and resources shouldn't be used to do what should be one of the few jobs of the federal government.

Cause it costs so much to hold a criminal for 5 hours before the Feds can get there? How about working together to remove criminals from the country

• Like 1

Because like transgenderism, liberalism is a forced upon the citizenry accepted mental disorder.

HTH

Thread over, win 15thousandsumthin

• Thanks 1

Cause it costs so much to hold a criminal for 5 hours before the Feds can get there? How about working together to remove criminals from the country

Because it's not their job.

There is nothing good about sanctuary cities. Nothing. They are run by liberals who are out of touch but who desperately want to appear to be noble in their effort to stop the feds from doing their jobs. Every SC in the US. should have their federal funding cut to ZERO.

There is nothing good about sanctuary cities. Nothing. They are run by liberals who are out of touch but who desperately want to appear to be noble in their effort to stop the feds from doing their jobs. Every SC in the US. should have their federal funding cut to ZERO.

It has nothing to do with stopping the feds from doing their job. It has everything to do with holding the feds accountable to enforce federal law.

Yeah, this is what I understand, and I too, don't want to turn this into a slap-fight.

Cops don't want to be doing ICE's job. And yeah, if you've every hauled someone in for any reason,

that'll punch a hole in your shift so much so as to just write the shift off.

So, while local LEO's are dragging a Father of 4 down to processing and all the associated paperwork,

their actual gigs don't get done. And, 'dragging in Messicans' doesn't help their productivity or quotas.

Moreover, undocumenteds are absolutely not likely to offer up tips/information to fight REAL crime if there's even a chance they'll be carded and deported. Again, screwing up local LEO efforts.

For example, in places that have recently withdrawn SC status, reported rapes went down around 25%.

The Trumptards cling to this as some kind of false proof of -something, but when you interview actual cops,

the truth is - Undocumented Women refuse to report a rape if, on TOP of that, they get carded and deported.

So, Ironically, the only people who actually benefit from getting rid of Sanctuary Cities in this scenario

- are the Rapists that Trump used to scare people in the first place.

And, for the record -with some awful awful exceptions -if they catch an MS-15 group gang-banging a toddler, they don't turn their head and walk away. Violent Illegal offenders are indeed removed in SC's too. Oftentimes, when you look into it - when those exceptions DO occur? You can't fault the local LEO's - the Feds never focking show. - But that rarely gets talked about.

Some people have no idea what SC really means. It just means that cops aren't going to assume you're illegal and round up everyone with a broken taillight.

Not that anyone asked, but for my Money - work on border enforcement - deport the shiit outta violent illegal offenders, but stop acting like you're going to deport the 11 Million mostly good people already here.

In fact, I'm willing to compromise - Deport ALL violent felons in lieu of random hard-working, otherwise law abiding

undocumenteds. You commit a violent felony? You don't get to live here - regardless of color. Anybody think the Al Sharpton types wouldn't lose their focking MINDS!?

...but that's another thread.

Bingo

It has nothing to do with stopping the feds from doing their job. It has everything to do with holding the feds accountable to enforce federal law.

This is utter bulllshit. It is about the local liberals trying to stop illegals from being deported.

• Like 1

Because it's not their job.

so if I travel to Texas and kill someone and travel back to California, its not the CA PD/Sheriff's job to hold me if caught

I mean like the Feds and Texas Rangers should be after me

also sanctuary cities, aren't only about holding criminals for ICE, they are becoming areas where PD refuses to even police

Yeah, this is what I understand, and I too, don't want to turn this into a slap-fight.

Cops don't want to be doing ICE's job. And yeah, if you've every hauled someone in for any reason,

that'll punch a hole in your shift so much so as to just write the shift off.

So, while local LEO's are dragging a Father of 4 down to processing and all the associated paperwork,

their actual gigs don't get done. And, 'dragging in Messicans' doesn't help their productivity or quotas.

Moreover, undocumenteds are absolutely not likely to offer up tips/information to fight REAL crime if there's even a chance they'll be carded and deported. Again, screwing up local LEO efforts.

For example, in places that have recently withdrawn SC status, reported rapes went down around 25%.

The Trumptards cling to this as some kind of false proof of -something, but when you interview actual cops,

the truth is - Undocumented Women refuse to report a rape if, on TOP of that, they get carded and deported.

So, Ironically, the only people who actually benefit from getting rid of Sanctuary Cities in this scenario

- are the Rapists that Trump used to scare people in the first place.

And, for the record -with some awful awful exceptions -if they catch an MS-15 group gang-banging a toddler, they don't turn their head and walk away. Violent Illegal offenders are indeed removed in SC's too. Oftentimes, when you look into it - when those exceptions DO occur? You can't fault the local LEO's - the Feds never focking show. - But that rarely gets talked about.

Some people have no idea what SC really means. It just means that cops aren't going to assume you're illegal and round up everyone with a broken taillight.

Not that anyone asked, but for my Money - work on border enforcement - deport the shiit outta violent illegal offenders, but stop acting like you're going to deport the 11 Million mostly good people already here.

In fact, I'm willing to compromise - Deport ALL violent felons in lieu of random hard-working, otherwise law abiding

undocumenteds. You commit a violent felony? You don't get to live here - regardless of color. Anybody think the Al Sharpton types wouldn't lose their focking MINDS!?

...but that's another thread.

How about this for a middle line

for every ILLEGAL deported, someone on the waiting list gets imported

win/win, can't say its racism or bigotry

we could even go country for country

1 Mex goes, next up on list gets in

Seriously.

I am an Independent voter and come down on both sides of many political issues.

I voted against Trump mainly because on the campaign trail he mentioned that his whole operation was based on debt. Loans. I just felt monetary income was his goal. Plus, his rude and obnoxious behavior just didn't appeal to me for a US President. There were issues that I agreed with from that side of the aisle though.

What I have never understood from the Left was why Sanctuary cites. Why allowing undocumented aliens. Especially ones who commit crimes.

Why?

I hope somebody can explain this without it becoming a slap fight and meandering off on different subjects.

Again, I am serious.

How else could corruption thrive? :dunno:

Drugs

Money Laundering

Slaves ( human trafficking )

Voter Fraud

More Drugs

Mo Money

Yeah, that's the reason. One of the dopiest statements ever written. Congratulations, you've outdone the likes of edjr and Newbie.

I believe the rationale is that illegal immigrants who otherwise follow our laws feel comfortable communicating with local police. And if that requires free reign for criminals to hide, so be it.

How about this for a middle line

for every ILLEGAL deported, someone on the waiting list gets imported

win/win, can't say its racism or bigotry

we could even go country for country

1 Mex goes, next up on list gets in

:thumbsup:

Works for me.

But my way gets rid of the blechs. :bandana:

Didnt read the thread but I can't stand that TK guy with that annoying old man avatar. Or that Rusty trombone or whatever clown you guys suck off all the time.

It's ALL about keeping them here to bolster votes for the Democrats.

It's only fair dems get a demographic to balance out all of the inbred republicans in the bible belt. Fair is fair.

It's only fair dems get a demographic to balance out all of the inbred republicans in the bible belt. Fair is fair.

I know I hit the nail on the head, since the liberal response was to call condescending names.

One of the most idiotic assumptions out there is that these Sanctuary cities are hiding the illegal criminal element - so they can vote Democrat.

Like this group of trash - the rapists, burglars, murderers, auto thieves, assault & battery folk are showing up every November to vote - yea right... Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.. There are valid arguments to be had, but hoarding these clowns just so they can sway elections is moronic.

One of the most idiotic assumptions out there is that these Sanctuary cities are hiding the illegal criminal element - so they can vote Democrat.

Like this group of trash - the rapists, burglars, murderers, auto thieves, assault & battery folk are showing up every November to vote - yea right... Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.. There are valid arguments to be had, but hoarding these clowns just so they can sway elections is moronic.

Not all illegals are rapists, thieves, and murderers.

... But they ARE all criminals.

I know I hit the nail on the head, since the liberal response was to call condescending names.

I'm not a liberal. I'm just allergic to Trumptards.

so fair, is adding illegals, voting illegally to counter out people who were born in this country then

so fair, is adding illegals, voting illegally to counter out people who were born in this country then

If that's what gets you hard, who am I to try and change your mind?

well I need a little bonus like that cause your lady just isnt doing the job anymore

Sick burn, bro. You learn that one from the president? You should show how classy you really are, and make fun of my kids next.

Sick burn, bro. You learn that one from the president? You should show how classy you really are, and make fun of my kids next.

naw, hopefully they grow up conservative to teach you a lesson

kids are off limits, moms and wifes open game

naw, hopefully they grow up conservative to teach you a lesson

kids are off limits, moms and wifes open game

Wives, dummy. Wives.

• Like 1

yah left focuses on voice/typing errors

Sorry. It's a pretty accurate intelligence marker. If you're going to make fun of a woman you've never seen or met, I'm going to make fun of you being a mental midget.

PS. Anti-Trump is not liberal; it's anti-idiot. I'm more conservative than half the republicans on this forearm. Hell, Cyclone claims he's a conservative, and is for gun control. If that's not a liberal, I don't know what a liberal is anymore. I do know your president was a liberal less than 10 years ago. At a minimum, I just want competent leadership. We can talk party allegiance after that initial litmus test.

• Like 1

Not all illegals are rapists, thieves, and murderers.

... But they ARE all criminals.

Ha, that's a discussion for Torrid... I was speaking of the violent criminal element.

Sorry. It's a pretty accurate intelligence marker. If you're going to make fun of a woman you've never seen or met, I'm going to make fun of you being a mental midget.

PS. Anti-Trump is not liberal; it's anti-idiot. I'm more conservative than half the republicans on this forearm. Hell, Cyclone claims he's a conservative, and is for gun control. If that's not a liberal, I don't know what a liberal is anymore. I do know your president was a liberal less than 10 years ago.

not my president, our president, last I checked we all live in the US. I don't support Trump, but I am on board with a lot of the policies

attacking the grammar when I am just typing without looking is throwing the gun

not my president, our president, last I checked we all live in the US. I don't support Trump, but I am on board with a lot of the policies

attacking the grammar when I am just typing without looking is throwing the gun

Try looking at the screen instead of the keyboard, when you type. But be warned, you might need to use more than two fingers with this method.