Sign in to follow this  
Juggernauts

Thoughts on Julio Jones and Falcons Offense

What does everyone think of Julio's outlook for this year? I have serious concerns about his production this year for a couple reasons.

1.) Matt Ryan is coming off a career year last year. It's very difficult to duplicate that type of production. If Ryan's production decreases, Jones' likely will too.

2.) Most concerning is the unknown of the new offensive coordinator in Atlanta. My gut is telling me Jones is going to have a significantly down year. He isn't used in the redzone much, so his points come from yards and PPR.

We get two keepers in our league. My "no brainer" is Zeke. I have to choose between Jordan Howard and Julio Jones for my second. Jones seems to make the most sense except for my doubts above.

What are your thoughts?

zeke will not repeat last years numbers after defenses have seen a years worth of tape and an offseason to adjust to him.

you should keep julio and howard.

it is a tough call, but if you keep Zeke and Howard, you wont have any worrys about the RB position.

you can go into the draft only needing a depth RB. That's huge.

In a year where Matt Ryan had a career year, Julio had one of his worst. Jones should be as good as he's been in the past, I wouldn't worry about that. Elliott is one of the best RB's in the league, I think he ends up as the #1 RB. Keeping them two in my book is a no brainer. Howard is a huge question mark. Not so much because of him, but the surrounding talent. I think Glennon is a nice QB, but if they put in Trubisky, Howard is screwed.

I don't even see how there could possibly be any question about it.

The Zeke and J Jones.

Come on man, this is easy.

Zeke and Julio are top 3 guys at their position and both could end up being #1 with record breaking seasons.

In the worst case scenario where they play, they will be a mid level RB/WR1.

In a lot of redrafts, you would have 2 top 5 picks.

The Cowboys are a top rushing team and the Falcons a top passing team.

Too much upside here to pass up.

zeke will not repeat last years numbers after defenses have seen a years worth of tape and an offseason to adjust to him.

you should keep julio and howard.

I assume this post is a joke, but in case it isnt: As opposed to defenses having better scouting on Howard?

• Like 1

Come on man, this is easy.

Zeke and Julio are top 3 guys at their position and both could end up being #1 with record breaking seasons.

In the worst case scenario where they play, they will be a mid level RB/WR1.

In a lot of redrafts, you would have 2 top 5 picks.

The Cowboys are a top rushing team and the Falcons a top passing team.

Too much upside here to pass up.

I'm not so sure about the Falcons being a top passing team anymore. The loss of Shanahan and the fact they have one of the best 1-2 punches at RB indicates to me the passing offense is going to be taking a big step back. Thus my concerns about Julio. I don't think it's as easy as it seems.

I'm not so sure about the Falcons being a top passing team anymore. The loss of Shanahan and the fact they have one of the best 1-2 punches at RB indicates to me the passing offense is going to be taking a big step back. Thus my concerns about Julio. I don't think it's as easy as it seems.

Sarkisian LOVES play-action passes. He's going to utilize that solid run game into doing what he does best. Medium length passes, ball screens, run/pass options. He should keep a fast paced offense too which will help.

The biggest adjustment is going to be whether they utilize the pistol more. FWIW, Matt Ryan actually has a higher completion percentage out of the shotgun than he does under center.

You're over thinking it. They made it to the Super Bowl last season gunning it.

Top notch QB, top notch WR, top notch offense, even if they do run more, the last player it effects will be Julio.

Can you reasonably say it's a worse situation than the Bears offense?

Oh my soul, you keep the Zeke and J Jones already.

I think the biggest question mark in ff concerning the Falcons new OC is how will they use both Freeman and Coleman.

Jones isn't a question mark.

There's no reason to doubt Julio and really his stock is the same as it's been the last few seasons. You know he will challenge for top wr.

The Bears will possibly have a top 5 offensive line this year. Here's how I would approach this. I would first check the other teams keepers and consider trading Jones with someone for a keeper you might like better than Howard. If noone is interested, then I keep Zeke and Howard. Jones can be great, but I value starting with 2 top 5 RBs and am a bit scared of Jones getting injured in week 3 or whenever.

The Bears will possibly have a top 5 offensive line this year. Here's how I would approach this. I would first check the other teams keepers and consider trading Jones with someone for a keeper you might like better than Howard. If noone is interested, then I keep Zeke and Howard. Jones can be great, but I value starting with 2 top 5 RBs and am a bit scared of Jones getting injured in week 3 or whenever.

Man that would be great. Unfortunately, Long may not be ready for the season, and he played far below his usual pro bowl caliber self last year because of injuries. He is an absolute freak as far as strength. He lacks in technique. So if he has to hold back physically, he is going to be very inefficient. If he is playing at 75% at best, the tackles probably aren't good enough to make up for it.

Man that would be great. Unfortunately, Long may not be ready for the season, and he played far below his usual pro bowl caliber self last year because of injuries. He is an absolute freak as far as strength. He lacks in technique. So if he has to hold back physically, he is going to be very inefficient. If he is playing at 75% at best, the tackles probably aren't good enough to make up for it.

my understanding is he lost a lot of weight but is now back to over 310 which is good. he seems to be back on track but im sure they will be more cautious than anything. if he gets back to 95%, bears will have the #1 interior line in all of football.

We do have the option of trading draft picks for keepers, so that's an option I'm considering. If I can get a good early round pick for Jones, I take it and keep Zeke and Howard. If not, I try to get a decent pick for Howard and keep Zeke and Jones.

Keep the Zeke and Jones.

my understanding is he lost a lot of weight but is now back to over 310 which is good. he seems to be back on track but im sure they will be more cautious than anything. if he gets back to 95%, bears will have the #1 interior line in all of football.

Oh yes. I know the potential of the Bears interior. It's mouth watering considering the possibilities with Howard