Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Anyone have any faith in Devantae Booker for the next couple years

I have Booker under contract for the next 3 years in my PPR auction draft league. I thought I had made a brilliant move last year getting him for 3% of our cap with the thoughts that CJ would go down. And he did. But then the rest happened....

If I drop this guy I get the salary back but not the contract spots.

I'm leaning on keeping him since he is so cheap and I kind of think he may get better with the possible power blocking line scheme changes having the new coach and all.

Anyone going to invest a roster spot on this guy this year?

Not if I can help it

They have Jamaal Charles now too

It's Denver so no RB is ever truly out of the race but I wouldn't bet on it

I like Booker and I think he will improve from last season.

Not if I can help it

They have Jamaal Charles now too

It's Denver so no RB is ever truly out of the race but I wouldn't bet on it

:thumbsup:

This.

I think the odds of Booker starting this year is a bit low, but it would not surprise me if he learned a bit by having Charles on the team.

At this point I'm thinking next season is his year. If it does not happen by the end of next year, I think he will be labelled a bust.

I see what you all are saying and it makes sense. One thing though is that Charles and Anderson are both heavy injury risks.

It's interesting what I'm hearing on xm radio now. Chad Jenson (Broncos analyst) is being interviewed and he mentioned Booker may not be a factor unless injury this year but the new coach sets up his offense that are Booker's strengths. Between the tackles power run game, and back with receiving skills, and Jenson praised Booker for these skills.

Booker is nothing special in my book. The chances of sustained success are probably minimal. Only reason I would hold is to sell off on a value spike

Booker is nothing special in my book. The chances of sustained success are probably minimal. Only reason I would hold is to sell off on a value spike

If he was special he would have been a first round pick.

I think he has unlocked potential that could (in theory) make him special, but from what I've seen of him, he is not there yet.

he had his chance to start last year, and he did not take the ball and run with it. He had flashes, but He looked like a backup far too often for my liking.

a part of this was the fault of the line (no doubt) because the line was pretty bad for Denver for a good part of last season.

I think the changes to the line will make it better for whoever runs the ball. Right now, it's not 100% clear who that will be. (is it ever clear in Denver?)

This is the one team that could have a clear cut starter and the team will just decide to start someone else. It has happened in Denver in the past, so we cannot discount this as a possible outcome.

I see what you all are saying and it makes sense. One thing though is that Charles and Anderson are both heavy injury risks.

It's interesting what I'm hearing on xm radio now. Chad Jenson (Broncos analyst) is being interviewed and he mentioned Booker may not be a factor unless injury this year but the new coach sets up his offense that are Booker's strengths. Between the tackles power run game, and back with receiving skills, and Jenson praised Booker for these skills.

I think the thing that makes me hesitant the most about him is that he got a decent shot last season to impress and win the job and he wasn't very impressive.

He only ran for 3.5 ypc and seemed to lack burst.

The passing game could be his saving grace but at this point he's on the outside looking in to me.

I think the thing that makes me hesitant the most about him is that he got a decent shot last season to impress and win the job and he wasn't very impressive.

He only ran for 3.5 ypc and seemed to lack burst.

The passing game could be his saving grace but at this point he's on the outside looking in to me.

I have noticed that backs running behind subpar lines tend to have more of that. likely because there is no hole to run through, so he stays patient waiting for the hole to open up. in the meantime, they look slow and indecisive.

not 100% his fault, but he has to carry his part of the blame.

For 3% I don't know what players opening that budget up would make available. For people talking about Charles, dude is done. He was done last year. CJ is an injury risk and hasn't shown he can produce for long periods. Booker was Elway's guy. Reports from Bronco beat writers is that Booker is a better receiver than Anderson and that the blocking scheme fits him better. Plus, the Broncos upgraded their OL.

I think it would be short sighted to ditch him at this point. Sometimes RBs take a year to get a feel for the system.

Agree with the above post.

I think he will be better then last season.

No.

Plus RB's are a revolving door anyway. Put your resources toward QB/WR/TE in longer term leagues.

• Like 1

Agree with the above post.

I think he will be better then last season.

Well, there's your answer. Cut him now.

• Like 1

No question about it.

looks like booker could be the future but not the present. im thinking booker could be more involved second half of the year then moving forward. i have 0 faith in charles and little faith in anderson. handcuff if you take anderson...

Deangelo Henderson is guy to own In that backfield. You can get him end of any draft

• Like 1

Once again, allow me to state a cold hard fact that has held true for years including last year. It's always "the other guy" who leads Denver in rushing. Last year it was Booker. He didn't blow the doors off, but still led the team. This year I'm so behind I really don't know. Henderson? Is that the other guy? If so, wait and take him.

Deangelo Henderson is guy to own In that backfield. You can get him end of any draft

or rather on the waiver wire. totally disagree with you though. booker will be the guy unless charles gets 8 years younger.

The line last year was horrible. Not that this year it will be much better. That remains to be seen. Booker was in the wrong scheme last year and it showed. When forced to pick the hole to run through he would run into the back of his line who were usually a yard or more into the backfield. He is more suited to the power scheme he will be in this year. I would hold him until mid season then see what shakes out. The schedule brutal but full of home games early.

The line last year was horrible. Not that this year it will be much better. That remains to be seen. Booker was in the wrong scheme last year and it showed. When forced to pick the hole to run through he would run into the back of his line who were usually a yard or more into the backfield. He is more suited to the power scheme he will be in this year. I would hold him until mid season then see what shakes out. The schedule brutal but full of home games early.

yeah. since i have him at such low cost and in a 10 team league with 23 spots, im keeping. he is similar to a rookie right now in denver with a bit a better system to help him.

yeah. since i have him at such low cost and in a 10 team league with 23 spots, im keeping. he is similar to a rookie right now in denver with a bit a better system to help him.

Good call.

Yeah I kind of agree in that to me he's the cheapest and most interesting . I have him in a few leagues. In redraft I'll likely stay away from this backfield completely