Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 7 - 10 Commentary - July PPR Mock 2017 **

Really like that Woodhead pick there Robb. Was really hoping he'd slip down the board more. I think he could be fantasy gold in PPR this year.

• Like 1

Really like that Woodhead pick there Robb. Was really hoping he'd slip down the board more. I think he could be fantasy gold in PPR this year.

No doubt.

I think Maclin is pretty underrated so far and can provide some great value for where I just got him. I know I don't have any top 5 WRs on my roster right now but I feel I've got a bunch of WR2s with some possible WR1s.

Maclin was next in line for me after Moncrief

I certainly considered Moncrief.

Why don't you guys get married!

Matt Ryan in the mid 7th was pretty nice.

I had Wilson & Ryan ranked almost identically, so I was was waiting for one to get drafted to then draft the other.

ICEMAN

I had Wilson & Ryan ranked almost identically, so I was was waiting for one to get drafted to then draft the other.

ICEMAN

I felt kind of the same way. I'm pretty sure Wilson finished top 10 every year in QB scoring prior to getting beat up last year. Considering how much of that offense is built around him running the ball and the belief his o-line should be better this year, I decided on taking him over Ryan post-Shanahan.

Love the recent selections of Maclin and Bennett. I haven't been able to get to my attribute-based rankings yet, but I feel pretty good about the opportunity both players have.

I think Bennett has an outstanding year in GB. Projecting TE 4-6 finish for him this season.

Curious how you guys feel with Bennett in regards to the amount of mouths to feed in green bay. Including Ty out of the backfield.

Where will he fall in the pecking order? Most of the top flight tight ends seem to be 1 or 2 in their teams respective order... is green bays high powered offense enough to offset that?

When I think olsen, reed, Kelce I think security blanket, top options

Curious how you guys feel with Bennett in regards to the amount of mouths to feed in green bay. Including Ty out of the backfield.

Where will he fall in the pecking order? Most of the top flight tight ends seem to be 1 or 2 in their teams respective order... is green bays high powered offense enough to offset that?

When I think olsen, reed, Kelce I think security blanket, top options

Green Bay Packers TEs Andrew Quarless (13) and Richard Rodgers (14) ranked among the team's top three players in red zone targets in 2014 in 2015, respectively, before Jared Cook's injury-plagued 2016 campaign ruined the streak.

I think we can safely assume Bennett is better than Quarless and Rodgers. I'm not sure he goes much over 55-60 catches, but I'd be willing to bet he pushes for 8-10 scores. I'm with ralph, I see him challenging the top 3-4 TEs and finishing no lower than 6-8.

• Like 1

Love the recent selections of Maclin and Bennett. I haven't been able to get to my attribute-based rankings yet, but I feel pretty good about the opportunity both players have.

I'm not on Macklin this year. New team coming off injury. There are reasons.

Green Bay Packers TEs Andrew Quarless (13) and Richard Rodgers (14) ranked among the team's top three players in red zone targets in 2014 in 2015, respectively, before Jared Cook's injury-plagued 2016 campaign ruined the streak.

I think we can safely assume Bennett is better than Quarless and Rodgers. I'm not sure he goes much over 55-60 catches, but I'd be willing to bet he pushes for 8-10 scores. I'm with ralph, I see him challenging the top 3-4 TEs and finishing no lower than 6-8.

im not agreeing or disagreeing necessarily, just wondering out loud.

While Bennett is better than Quarless and Rodgers, there are some more factors to consider. For starters, those guys finishing in the top 3 of their teams red zone targets is not exactly a stat that excites me all that much as its limited to the red zone and limited to the team. Where did those guys rank in red zone targets among NFL tight ends? In overall targets? Relying on TD's isn't my favorite thing in a PPR league. Additionally, 2014 and 2015 were before Adams burst on the scene, before Ty Montgomery, a guy who will get pass targets, was their "lead back" and during a time where Jordy Nelson was on the shelf....

I guess my main point is that it is reasonable to believe that Bennett will be 5th in targets on this team. Im sure that ranking will increase when talking red zone targets but likely still 3rd or so.

again, not knocking the pick at all, especially in round 6 7 or 8... just genuinely wondering about his ceiling.

I think Bennett has an outstanding year in GB. Projecting TE 4-6 finish for him this season.

he will break top 10. I like hime....just don't move him higher then that. I hope he kicks ass....I'm pack fan.

There are a ton of targets to replace in Baltimore, most of which coming from the short-area guys (Steve Smith, Dennis Pitta, Kyle Juszczyk, etc.). With two speedy guys already on the outside, I would imagine Maclin is going to occupy the same role Smith did. Now I understand Woodhead will get his as well, but even if you pencil him in for all of Pitta and Juszczyk's production (well over 100 catches), that still leaves Smith's production to fill ... and Maclin is a better WR now than 2016 Steve Smith.

It's a very simplistic way to look at it, but that's how I see it w/o going all nerdy.

• Like 1

Went with Rudolph in the 8th round, not only because TE is my last starting positional spot left to fill but because I feel he's one of the best players on the board. I have him as the TE7 in PPR. I really debated on adding depth to my roster here but now I know I don't have to worry about filling this position any more.

Went with Rudolph in the 8th round, not only because TE is my last starting positional spot left to fill but because I feel he's one of the best players on the board. I have him as the TE7 in PPR. I really debated on adding depth to my roster here but now I know I don't have to worry about filling this position any more.

was considering Rudolph here for sure.

will pick in a few min

The injury wasn't a serious one. It was just nagging through the year

Am I the only one that feels Mariota went very early?

I thought about waiting, but I did not want to miss out on him. I think there are just so many weapons for him, that his floor seems very high. He put up some very good games last year

• Like 1

There are so many QB'S and many cases to be made for all of them. If you ave a conviction on a certain one, go get him

• Like 1

Keep the run going, It's always difficult to judge when to pull the trigger on a WB after the top 3. I went with Ben who I have slightly higher then Mariota.

RLLD was busy for a while this morning so he sent me a couple picks. First on his list was DeSean Jackson.

Keep the run going, It's always difficult to judge when to pull the trigger on a WB after the top 3. I went with Ben who I have slightly higher then Mariota.

I do not trust him to stay healthy for one. Two, he has too many mediocre games. Just an inconsistent QB, though I think his adp this year reflects the waning confidence a bit

• Like 1

Thanks Doug!! You took my WR4 from me.

I will text RC

I have Rodgers, thought Cobb would match up well with him.

Sitting on a super sleeper for 8. Don't snipe me fools!

If you're talking about 8th round I think it's pretty safe since you made that pick last night. :lol:

If you're talking about 8th round I think it's pretty safe since you made that pick last night. :lol:

:D