Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 7 - 10 Commentary - July PPR Mock 2017 **

Am I the only one paying attention to the draft this afternoon? It's been 2 hours since a pick has been made.

I am here and picking!

Very pleased with round 8 & 9 selections as Henry has great potential even if Murray doesn't get hurt. Ty Williams, a 1a LA receiver is good value at 9.02 IMO.

I am here and picking!

Very pleased with round 8 & 9 selections as Henry has great potential even if Murray doesn't get hurt. Ty Williams, a 1a LA receiver is good value at 9.02 IMO.

I was a huge fan of both selections. I think that Williams could be in for a monstah year. I don't care if they spent a first wound pick on a WR.

ICEMAN

Am I the only one paying attention to the draft this afternoon? It's been 2 hours since a pick has been made.

Settle down skippy

Maybe a reach on decker but the dude just catches passes and should become a favorite target of Mariota

Settle down skippy

When I'm sitting here are work checking the draft every 15 minutes or so and absolutely nothing has happened it gets boring. Two hours during regular draft time is a long time to go without any picks or comments.

When I'm sitting here are work checking the draft every 15 minutes or so and absolutely nothing has happened it gets boring. Two hours during regular draft time is a long time to go without any picks or comments.

Maybe do some work?

As per Mike these mocks are set for a 1-2 week time frame. It's been 5 days and we are in round 9

Maybe do some work?

As per Mike these mocks are set for a 1-2 week time frame. It's been 5 days and we are in round 9

I am working. Only takes a couple seconds to check the draft thread. Just expect to see something over a two hour span during week days. I can see it taking longer over the weekend though.

cam late 9th is a solid pick. dunno which cam yer getting, but no issue this late.

I think it's a Cam who isn't going to run as much. I don't like that cam

I think it's a Cam who isn't going to run as much. I don't like that cam

Coach speak. Mccaffrey will help open lanes for Cam, imo.

I think the value was there. I usually wait longer on the position but people tend to draft backups earlier in mocks than they do in real drafts

I think Forte has a lot of value this late in drafts. I almost took him last round but figured I could wait one more. Happy he was available.

Uh o. A "Jets" run!!

• Like 1

Really nothing crazy for me at this point in the draft. Just filling in some depth with what I feel are the best players available. So far I feel my team is coming together nicely.

Remote Controller, what's strategy behind taking two TEs this early?

Decided to target a pair of rushoes score threat QBs. There are a few QB out there that people would take over Dak but I'm a big fan and he adds some 6 point scores via the ground

One could ask you why the two extra backs this early....especially since they are basically backups.

I suppose but I think we all know the answer to that. RBs hold much more value than TEs. If one of my extra RBs becomes the main back I can either start him or trade him for a pretty good player. TEs do not hold much trade value. A second TE is most likely going to be dropped by the first bye week too.

You simply think way to hard about some stuff. Lol!

Preparing for the draft and coming up with strategies is my favorite part of fantasy football.

I have been uber busy the past week so that's why my comments are lacking. I was hoping Perine would luckily slip past everyone. In hind site I probably would trust him over Coleman, even in Ppr.

I absolutely love that I have Snead and Meredith as my WR 3 and 4. I think my receiving core is the best in this draft as far as total top 4 depth. The upside is huge too.

Ertz, while I am not a big fan, he is still the main tight end target, and Pederson will hopefully use him consistently. I have just soured on taking tight ends early. I rarely seem to find the right guy each year.

My running back group is solid. Not the greatest, but with 12 teams it's hard to have a very deep running back group without ignoring other positions. I think I have put together a nice 4 that can hold their own in Ppr. Burkhead will be up and down, but injuries start to pile up at all I could see him being in line for a huge role in Ppr. Of course it seems when i invest in guys like Burkhead, an injury that nags all season seems imminent.

Is anybody out there?

I'm here for ya man.

ICEMAN

Is anybody out there?

What does it say when we can hold a draft (supposedly a leisure activity) during the work week w/o much of a problem, but when everyone is supposed to have free time on the weekend for their leisure activity, we have crickets? :dunno:

What does it say when we can hold a draft (supposedly a leisure activity) during the work week w/o much of a problem, but when everyone is supposed to have free time on the weekend for their leisure activity, we have crickets? :dunno:

we value our free time and hobbies more than our 9-5's and thus are more likely to be on our computers/smartphones during working hours? :dunno:

not unreasonable, though personally I have my phone on me all the time and FFToday is usually open on my browser

With a desk job I have all day to check the forums. On the weekends I try to check from my phone but otherwise I'm busy with other hobbies or getting other work done. I think it's pretty common for most of us.

The point I'm trying to make is how ironic it is how people at work have seemingly "all day" to track a draft, but are too busy to do in their "spare time". I'm not one of those people that believes a pick needs to be made every 15 minutes, but a simple refresh of the phone every 2-3 hours during the weekend doesn't seem like it's asking the world.

Just makes me laugh a little, I guess.

we value our free time and hobbies more than our 9-5's and thus are more likely to be on our computers/smartphones during working hours? :dunno:

Imagine that :lol:

not unreasonable, though personally I have my phone on me all the time and FFToday is usually open on my browser

It almost sounds like a "Generational" issue here. I love it!! And, I get to do both.

I'm here. I have faith I will get to pick tonight

Excuse me!! You think we'll get to 11.12 tonight? Fat Chance!

We may not get to 10.08 tonight.

i dont think it's a generational issue at all.

People at jobs whose IT departments dont block FFToday or who work for smaller companies with no true IT departments, can very easily leave these pages open and casually monitor them while still getting their work done.

I, for example, can't access FFToday on my work PC but I am skilled at checking my phone every 15-20 minutes :lol:

On the weekends, I don't sit in front of a computer. I play golf, go to parties, watch sports, family stuff, etc etc etc. I still have my phone on me and I still check in every so often but my attention is more focused on the hobbies and I may check in every few hours as opposed to a few times per hour. Some might not check their phones much at all.

I'm also not one who cares about time between picks during a mock (plus the clock is off as per our rules). Unless someone is abusing the time, its all good.

I wasn't referring to anything pick related heck I screwed up two

Myself timing out etc.. it was more about how quiet it got

We started a 22 round superflex four hours after this draft stated and we finished by 4:00 p.m. Sunday. You have committed owners or you have .......this.

I am here, going to check my list and recent picks, will pick shortly