Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 11 - 16 Commentary - July PPR Mock 2017 **

I had Dixon typed in twice and almost sent it, but felt the need for the 5th wr. I like that Ginn is on the saints and they spread the love around.

My boy justin tucker... not that I was going kicker

All I hear is jealousy :wave:

All I hear is jealousy :wave:

hes awesome. hes the only guy ill draft in the 2nd to last round just to make sure i get him in real leagues.

Good God. It's time to take kickers already?

ICEMAN

Good God. It's time to take kickers already?

ICEMAN

In the numerous mocks I've done on FFC I have taken Tucker in the first part of the 13th round numerous times knowing that there won't be a reason to take a kicker until last if I don't take him there. Those are 15 round drafts and not 16 like this though. I think it's a round too early but if you really want the guy and you've got all the other guys you want on your roster you might as well.

Approaching the three hour mark.

:sleep:

I'm trying not to comment on it since it didn't go over well for me last time.

I'm trying not to comment on it since it didn't go over well for me last time.

I will do it for you

Get yer shlt together nic!!

• Like 1

Mueller goes before me yet. If he doesn't pick before I get off work I will make my pick a little later yet tonight. I have to go to a wake after work before I go home.

Stump removal got me today

you're going caitlyn jenner on us?

Went with Kevin White here. I feel gross taking two Bear's players in this draft but at this point in the draft I think taking White is fine. He's a complete mystery to me yet. He could be worthless but I'm fine with a pick this late or he could be a major asset if he becomes the WR1 on the Bears. I think his ceiling is about a low end WR2.

Was happy to see Perriman make it back to me. He'll be streaky scoring points, but there should be plenty of targets to go around this year in Baltimore.

Hawkeye21, on 18 Jul 2017 - 5:58 PM, said:

Went with Kevin White here. I feel gross taking two Bear's players in this draft but at this point in the draft I think taking White is fine. He's a complete mystery to me yet. He could be worthless but I'm fine with a pick this late or he could be a major asset if he becomes the WR1 on the Bears. I think his ceiling is about a low end WR2.

I get the pick, I actually have him as a hard-fast avoid.

Its another WVU player, in the same mold as the VaTech players. These guys tend to be solid if not great college players because they pull them in and then tweak their gimmick offense to leverage what the kid does well, but theycan never amount to much in the NFL. I never trust players coming out of VaTech or WVU as a rule, they lack proper development because of where they went to school.

• Like 1

Its another WVU player, in the same mold as the VaTech players. These guys tend to be solid if not great college players because they pull them in and then tweak their gimmick offense to leverage what the kid does well, but theycan never amount to much in the NFL. I never trust players coming out of VaTech or WVU as a rule, they lack proper development because of where they went to school.

That seems to be a pretty broad statement there. Are you saying this based on personal bias or have you actually done research.

Hawkeye21, on 19 Jul 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:
That seems to be a pretty broad statement there. Are you saying this based on personal bias or have you actually done research.

I say this based on observation which is perhaps akin to research but it boils down to risk and probability .Personal bias will always be a factor, but when it comes to money that bias takes a back seat, and I play this for money as much as anything else. My participation in this mock, in the IBL, and in other "free" leagues is mostly practice and vetting to help me win money. And when money is on the line, gimmick players are too risky IMHO. I do get a good chuckle when people get passionate about players tho.... anyone in the mock remember when Little Big Head was adamant that Eddie Royal was going to be the PPR god way back in 09 and was thoroughly offended when I said no way? That was crassic...

Dear Lord I think I agree with RLLD. What is the world coming too. :shocking:

Hawkeye21, on 19 Jul 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

I say this based on observation which is perhaps akin to research but it boils down to risk and probability .Personal bias will always be a factor, but when it comes to money that bias takes a back seat, and I play this for money as much as anything else. My participation in this mock, in the IBL, and in other "free" leagues is mostly practice and vetting to help me win money. And when money is on the line, gimmick players are too risky IMHO. I do get a good chuckle when people get passionate about players tho.... anyone in the mock remember when Little Big Head was adamant that Eddie Royal was going to be the PPR god way back in 09 and was thoroughly offended when I said no way? That was crassic...

You're acting like I took White in the 5th round or something. I grabbed him in the 12th round as my 6th WR so I'm not sure how that's a major risk. These late round picks are all about taking players like White. I play in money leagues too and I participate in mocks drafts as if I were drafting for those leagues. I am using my own projection and ranking sheet that I have made specifically for my main money league.

I just find it odd to say that no players from those two colleges should be taken because they're too risky. I bet people were pretty happy when they drafted Vick years ago.

No not at all. I think you took white at the best possible spot, no question. Please do not misunderstand my assertion.

The post where you took him matches his ADP and I think is where he should be taken,. I am simply asserting that I have him as an avoid. I have him in that category based on the level of development of players I see coming out of those institutions based on the way they recruit and their game strategy. IMHO they hurt the players overall development by not developing them to become the best player, but instead developing them to fit the tiny role they decide for them in their gimmicky offense, this makes me avoid them, that's all.

You mention Vick and I think it is true that he was the aberration, and in the past there is the occasional exception. But I am not going to start grabbing Navy players based on McCallum or Staubach either ....

• Like 1

No not at all. I think you took white at the best possible spot, no question. Please do not misunderstand my assertion.

The post where you took him matches his ADP and I think is where he should be taken,. I am simply asserting that I have him as an avoid. I have him in that category based on the level of development of players I see coming out of those institutions based on the way they recruit and their game strategy. IMHO they hurt the players overall development by not developing them to become the best player, but instead developing them to fit the tiny role they decide for them in their gimmicky offense, this makes me avoid them, that's all.

You mention Vick and I think it is true that he was the aberration, and in the past there is the occasional exception. But I am not going to start grabbing Navy players based on McCallum or Staubach either ....

I see what you're saying now.

Bortles....it sounds like something you apply a cream to in order to get rid of it....

No jennering here, had two trees cut down and the guy I had paid to do the job has become flakey. Thankfully I only paid half as he only completed half of the work.

Also if possible you guys can text if I'm up 484-707-1992

Similar to my Kevin White pick I'm trying to find lottery tickets at this point in the draft I think Jamaal Williams has a shot at the starting role in GB. I'm not sold on Ty being the main back the entire season there so Jamaal has a great opportunity.

I think Williams is an interesting pick, I like the approach here late in grabbing him. The GB RB situation is tough to read right now and it may evolve to a considerable extent over the season.

• Like 1

Similar to my Kevin White pick I'm trying to find lottery tickets at this point in the draft I think Jamaal Williams has a shot at the starting role in GB. I'm not sold on Ty being the main back the entire season there so Jamaal has a great opportunity.

I agree 100% here! he was my next RB selection and I do think he will morph into the starter by game 5 or so. Great pick here!! (better than White LOL)

• Like 1