Sign in to follow this  
jjoel

Keep Melvin Gordon or Lesean McCoy?

I am in a keeper league where we keep 3 players each year. I am keeping David Johnson and Julio Jones, and have to pick between Lesean McCoy and Melvin Gordon as my 3rd keeper (yes- my team was stacked and won last year).

I prefer McCoy to Gordon but he is turning 30 this year. Thoughts?

Thanks!

(It's standard, non PPR - 1 point every 10 yards, 5 point bonus at a 100 yards, 6 points for TDs)

This is close. They are both major injury risks but Buffalo has a really good o-line while The Chargers just lost another starting lineman. If it were PPR I would say Gordon. They will both rake in yards so it is close. I guess the question is if you can keep Gordon multiple years then I choose him over McCoy. If it's just for this year then I would take McCoy.

You can't go wrong either way. It really does come down to whether or not you can keep guys for multiple years, and if that is the case, you have to go with Gordon. Otherwise, I'd simply flip a coin, because they're both likely going to rack up the yards.

It seems like this is the most asked question on this site. Shady or Gordon? It is close but I like McCoy this year. What else do they have on offense. Biggest risk here is overuse and injury, but I think he has a bigger year than Gordon.

I would probably go with Gordon. Close call though.

as it is a keeper league, Gordon gives the potential for future keepings. and this may be the last year you'd want to keep Mccoy.

as the dropoff from McCoy to Gordon isnt really that large I think you need to go with the young guy.

That means Gordon is your man.

as it is a keeper league, Gordon gives the potential for future keepings. and this may be the last year you'd want to keep Mccoy.

as the dropoff from McCoy to Gordon isnt really that large I think you need to go with the young guy.

That means Gordon is your man.

I must not be good at reading as I did not know this was a keeper league. I agree with Ray_T on this.