Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

The North Korea showdown

I've seen comments about all of this in numerous threads so I thought I would start a thread just to centralize the discussion. Since it is probably the most important issue going on in the world right now.

To be honest, I had no problem with Trump's statement earlier in the week about fire and fury and power etc. The Bush Administration and the Obama Administration have both failed in keeping the North Koreans at check. And now that they are at or close to having the capability to hit our mainland with icbm's, I think a tough guy approach is okay. As a warning.

But as the week goes on, I'm realizing that Trump is pretty much the same person as Jung Yun. Neither is going to let the other guy get the last word in. Or make the biggest tough guy statement. We have two unintelligent and psychotic and egotistical idiots having a who has a bigger contest. I am actually beginning to worry that we are going to be at War shortly. This war will mean millions of deaths. And the effects on the global economy are going to be devastating. And all because Trump wants to prove that he can beat up North Korea.

• Like 1

As with anything in life, talking tough is fine as long as you're willing to back it up. Empty threats are worthless.

I've seen comments about all of this in numerous threads so I thought I would start a thread just to centralize the discussion. Since it is probably the most important issue going on in the world right now.

To be honest, I had no problem with Trump's statement earlier in the week about fire and fury and power etc. The Bush Administration and the Obama Administration have both failed in keeping the North Koreans at check. And now that they are at or close to having the capability to hit our mainland with icbm's, I think a tough guy approach is okay. As a warning.

But as the week goes on, I'm realizing that Trump is pretty much the same person as Jung Yun. Neither is going to let the other guy get the last word in. Or make the biggest tough guy statement. We have two unintelligent and psychotic and egotistical idiots having a who has a bigger ###### contest. I am actually beginning to worry that we are going to be at War shortly. This war will mean millions of deaths. And the effects on the global economy are going to be devastating. And all because Trump wants to prove that he can beat up North Korea.

Wtf?

Wtf?

you seriously have no thoughts on this matter? You just decide you'd rather be an ass hole?

As with anything in life, talking tough is fine as long as you're willing to back it up. Empty threats are worthless.

that's just the problem. Trump is willing to back it up. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. There's never been any doubt about whether or not we could destroy North Korea. But Trump doesn't have the intelligence, nor does he even give a crap, what it means to the rest of that Korean peninsula. I've heard reports saying that North Korea could kill millions and millions in Seoul within days of a war starting. Not to mention the 200,000 Americans that are over there. But in the end, Trump would just beat his chest and say that he was the president that finally did something.

I don't think he's trying to prove he can beat up Korea.

Kim Jong is a nut case, who has deep hatred for the US, and I think if given the chance he will try something crazy.

So, we can sit back and wait and give in and say "Don't hurt us Kim Jong....we are sorry" and then bow down to him.

I think Jong is is playing a bigger version of suicide by cop.

So, what do you think are Trump's (The U.S) options are?

I don't think he's trying to prove he can beat up Korea.

Kim Jong is a nut case, who has deep hatred for the US, and I think if given the chance he will try something crazy.

So, we can sit back and wait and give in and say "Don't hurt us Kim Jong....we are sorry" and then bow down to him.

I think Jong is is playing a bigger version of suicide by cop.

So, what do you think are Trump's (The U.S) options are?

like I said in my post, I was happy with Trump's initial statement on Tuesday. I think we've pussyfooted around with North Korea long enough. But when Kim replied with his own threat, that's when Trump and our country in general, needs to just stand here with quiet confidence knowing that we've already made it clear what happens if they make a move. Instead, we have two very similar immature egomaniacs having a pissing contest. I guess I was hoping General Mattis or someone in the military had enough pull to tell Trump to shut the up now.

What's the smart move here? We have waited until they (possibly) have nuclear tipped ICBM's to attempt to remedy this situation? That's beyond idiocy and there's a ton of blame to go around for the past few administrations. Do I like Trump's style here? Not really, but how long do we wait now? In my opinion we shouldn't be on the DMZ anyway poking the North in the eye but here we sit and we can't quite pack up and leave now. SK's economy dwarfs NK and there is absolutely zero reason they shouldn't be able to defend themselves, except our moron leaders telling them DON"T, let us protect you. We actually tell SK how big of payload of bombs they can have. WTF. Really? The whole situation stinks and it's definitely not all Trump's fault. I am opposed to war and I am opposed to putting ourselves and our lives and our treasure way the fock over seas for no reason. Fock South Korea and Fock Japan. We shouldn't be over there to begin with imo, but here we are on the precipice of another focking war.

We are so focking exceptional it makes me want to sh1t.

If he goes to war..hes blamed.

Talks tough...hes enciting a fight.

Does nothing...hes blamed for not taking a nuclear threat seriously.

• Like 1

I'd like him to listen to his guys like Mattis, Kelly and McMaster rather than the off the cuff crap he goes with...considering he has zero experience with foreign policy and foreign relations and neither does his VP.

I wouldn't have a huge problem with his approach... if I trusted his judgment. I simply don't after what I've seen so far though.

And I gotta say... you wanna use twitter to fight a war on journalists? I don't really approve, but whatever.

But you should never say things like "I massively upgraded Americans nuclear capability" on twitter. Especially when it's not even true.

Situation is absolutely terrifying.

That said, all you can do is hope it works out.

And righties, here's something for you, I think it is grossly inappropriate for the media, specifically CNN, to be mocking and criticizing his remarks and pointing out his lies. In a situation like this, his play is our play, and like it or not, he has the ball. Shut up and run the play.

CNN did a (unintentional?) mash-up of all the times that Trump has said something like

"the likes of which the world has never seen before."

It was actual unintended hilarity. I mean, he used it for everything except his over the top description of chocolate cake that he shared with China's leader. It looks like other sources went back and found this too.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-likes-of-which-north-korea-2017-8

"I just took a dump- the likes of which, the world has never seen..." :P

I mean, we've already dropped two atom bombs, the MOAB and launched Shock and Awe. Short of using Phasers and Photon Torpedoes, what the hell is he talking about?

There's a great reddbit/twitter bit out there:

Guy #1 quotes Trump saying that "on day one, I ordered our nuclear weapons to be upgraded, ...... now, best in the world!" (badly paraphrased, but you get it - you can find it yourself.

Guy #1: "Literally, in the last 201 days, NOTHING has been done to improve or upgrade our nuclear arsenal. "

TrumpNut: "How would YOU know?"

Guy #1 (whose handle is like "AtomicScienceGuy" or something: "Because I am an actual Nuclear Weapons Scientist".

- silence....

CNN did a (unintentional?) mash-up of all the times that Trump has said something like

Lol. I saw that. It was hilarious. He saw it too. Because he started talking about the North Korea thing again yesterday and stRted with 'the likes of which.." he then paused and stopped himself. Rofl he is seriously a 5th Grader.

Stephen Schwartz‏Verified account
@AtomicAnalyst
etephen Schwartz Retweeted Donald J. Trump
This is patently absurd. Literally nothing has happened in the last 201 days to increase the overall power of the US nuclear arsenal.Stephen Schwartz added,

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
My first order as President was to renovate and modernize our nuclear arsenal. It is now far stronger and more powerful than ever before....
5:20 AM - 9 Aug 2017

anybody else see the irony that the world's next Nuclear Showdown will be between

an Actual Fat Man and a Little Boy?

Trump upgraded the nuclear arsenal/deterrent by showing his willingness to use them.

Actually he weakened the deterrent factor exponentially by indicating multiple times that he is willing to use them. HTH

Trump upgraded the nuclear arsenal/deterrent by showing his willingness to use them.

Just another Clinton/Bush/Obama mess left to clean up.

Excellent! 'Scuse me whilst I work on my pecs by stating my willingness to bench press..

You guys have gotten very good at trying to explain/cover up Trump's lies

It was actual unintended hilarity. I mean, he used it for everything except his over the top description of chocolate cake that he shared with China's leader. It looks like other sources went back and found this too.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-likes-of-which-north-korea-2017-8

"I just took a dump- the likes of which, the world has never seen..." :P

I mean, we've already dropped two atom bombs, the MOAB and launched Shock and Awe. Short of using Phasers and Photon Torpedoes, what the hell is he talking about?

Mebbe we have something really cool that none of us know about. :dunno:

Did you know what an MOAB was before we dropped it? I didn't.

If there was a simple/obvious solution to the NK problem past presidents would have done it by now. Unfortunately we are probably going to have wait until we or one of our allies is attacked by these crazy fockers first before we can do anything.

The silver lining is that we can learn from this experience and apply it to Iran when they get nukes. Thanks, Obama.

You say this as if it's a positive thing to show willingness to use nuclear weapons.

You say this as if it's a positive thing to show willingness to use nuclear weapons.

When another country is working their ass off to make one to kill us as soon as possible?

Fock is wrong with you people?

• Like 1

It's worked for us in the past.

Trump called this in 1999.

He was right then, as he is now.

The foreign policy of appeasement hasn't worked.

• Like 1

It's worked for us in the past.

Only every time. When Truman, Kennedy, and Reagan were showing the proper path for dealing with insanity the snowflakes were screaming about starting war. They all ended wars. Still the snowflakes persist.
  • Like 1

If he goes to war..hes blamed.

Talks tough...hes enciting a fight.

Does nothing...hes blamed for not taking a nuclear threat seriously.

Correct.

I also think the hatred toward Trump is so great, that you will see U.S citizens actually defending Jong Un, and criticizing Trump.

They want the current NK regime removed before the Winter Olympics in February.

I'm worried with the guy we have at the helm. Why is he engaged in this dangerous rhetoric with North Korea? What's the point of it?

I think he just wants to look like a tough guy. Which is dumb, and could be catastrophic if he goads NoKo's own deranged head of state into doing something stupid.

We need an adult at the helm, now.

China pledges neutrality - unless US strikes North Korea first

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/11/china-pledges-neutrality-unless-us-strikes-north-korea-first.html

So just wait to get hit first?

China must stick up for communism. They, like all intelligent parties in this, know there will be no war, so why take sides in a non-issue. Behind the scenes they are certainly a player in getting NK to ramp it down.

You mean like the past presidents that let them acquire nukes and have done nothing since? Remember when Obama got them to stop testing missiles? Neither do I.

Correct.

I also think the hatred toward Trump is so great, that you will see U.S citizens actually defending Jong Un, and criticizing Trump.

I don't think that's going to happen, but it's truly frightening how similar the two are. If you read their threats and they didn't have names associated with them, you'd have no idea who said what. The two biggest egomaniac leaders in the world, both who happen to have nuclear weapons and tiny dicks, are having a pissing match to see who can sound scarier.

You mean like the past presidents that let them acquire nukes and have done nothing since? Remember when Obama got them to stop testing missiles? Neither do I.

I mean a rational, sane person who will act strategically and whose judgment we can trust :dunno:

I mean a rational, sane person who will act strategically and whose judgment we can trust :dunno:

As I said before, if there was a simple solution we'd have done it by now. I think at this point we're forced to take a reactive policy. And I don't really think matters who's in the oval office. We wait for them to fock up and we go from there.

I'm worried with the guy we have at the helm. Why is he engaged in this dangerous rhetoric with North Korea? What's the point of it?

I think he just wants to look like a tough guy. Which is dumb, and could be catastrophic if he goads NoKo's own deranged head of state into doing something stupid.

He also feels the need to constantly put down Obama and other past administrations. Obama succeeded the worst President in US history (before Trump) and is there any record of Obama bashing Bush the way Trump feels the need to bash him? I swear his pecker must be about 2 inches big. He is the most insecure pussie I ever saw.