Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

Can you see a trade scenario which catapults McCoy to #2 on all draft boards? I say YES

Disclaimer... I don't think this will happen and "some" of it is sunshine pumping... some is legit.

To where? https://t.co/X4dHyKEuNS

If McCoy is traded to Tampa, not only will Tampa be expected to have the #1 offense in the NFL, they will become the NFC favorite for the conference Super Bowl representative.

Why?

Simple, no team will have the overall offensive fire power/talent as the Buccaneers and no one will have the defensive fire power/talent to stop their offense. No team in the NFL will be able to say that "as a group", they are better than...

QB: Jameis Winston

RB: LeSean McCoy (Doug Martin: Backup)

WR1: Mike Evans

WR2: DeSean Jackson
TE1: Cameron Brate

TE2: OJ Howard

With that offense, McCoy could put up 2,000 all purpose yards and 20 total TD's.

For the record... I put the chances of that trade happening at 0.01%. But if it did... I'm moving McCoy up to #2 in my rankings.

isn't martin having a good camp? seems like rb isn't necessarily a big need for TB. but if they could get him for only a 4th and afford him, sure

Would be a great offense but I don't know what TB would be willing to give up for a player they don't have an absolute need for. Maybe if their plans were to trade Martin eventually.

This is sad. First, the source says there are trade rumors involving McCoy. Then the source ends up being Evan Silvia, a FF journalist no more qualified or connected than anyone here blatantly speculating with zero basis in reality. We may as well talk about Aaron Rodgers getting traded to the broncos while we're at it.

Not happening and even if it did, he'll get injured. He's always injured. lol

I see what you're saying, but really think you're mostly dreaming. Now, I could see him getting traded to the Eagles or possibly the Giants.

Disclaimer... I don't think this will happen and "some" of it is sunshine pumping... some is legit.

If McCoy is traded to Tampa, not only will Tampa be expected to have the #1 offense in the NFL, they will become the NFC favorite for the conference Super Bowl representative.

Why?

Simple, no team will have the overall offensive fire power/talent as the Buccaneers and no one will have the defensive fire power/talent to stop their offense. No team in the NFL will be able to say that "as a group", they are better than...

QB: Jameis Winston

With that offense, McCoy could put up 2,000 all purpose yards and 20 total TD's.

For the record... I put the chances of that trade happening at 0.01%. But if it did... I'm moving McCoy up to #2 in my rankings.

If McCoy was traded to tampa, there wouldnt be enough time for him to learn the playbook.

This wouldnt be good for his numbers in the first 3-4 games of the season at all.

for this to make McCoy's numbers better the deal would need to have been made before week 1 of exhibition.

If he indeed was to be traded I would move him up to the number three spot.

I pray it happens I would like to see him with the Bucs.

With BUF trading WR S. Watkins to LA Rams, and the LA Chargers OL a mess, I'm thinking the RB3 is D. Freeman of ATL!

Why?

QB: Jameis Winston Tommy Maddox

Fixed, Maddox would put up 6000 yards :thumbsup:

Nope nothing and nowhere would ever catapult him above Bell or Johnson. Maybe I would consider it if he was traded to the Pats and gill burkhead white lewis all died. Then I would still worry about bolden or dj foster

not even then, belicheck would suddenly throw a practice squad player out there because the other team was especially susceptible to him

Nope nothing and nowhere would ever catapult him above Bell or Johnson. Maybe I would consider it if he was traded to the Pats and gill burkhead white lewis all died. Then I would still worry about bolden or dj foster

I will not draft McCoy, or any RB over the age of 30 in the first round. Personal rule thatt has generally worked for me.

I will not draft McCoy, or any RB over the age of 30 in the first round. Personal rule thatt has generally worked for me.

Lol...how often has that scenario even presented itself? That a 1st round worthy rb over 30 was there at your pick...hah....love that its a lifelong hard rule though.

But... McCoy is only 29 and won't be 30 until next July.

Like most, I don't see this happening. I just thought it was a bit humorous but with the Bills apparently going into tank mode too (along with the Jets), I figured that McCoy getting traded is a legit possibility. Depending on who that team is, I could see a reason to give McCoy a bump in the rankings, even up to #2.

I don't really think Tampa needs McCoy, nor do I think they'd trade for him unless the price was low. To be honest with you, I thought the idea was so ridiculous that I didn't even read the link myself. Tampa's "moves" or lack there of, tell me that they're perfectly happy with giving Martin a shot. If they truly felt that Martin was not the answer, they wouldn't have passed on a local favorite in Cook and if they did, they probably would have traded up. If Licht was so stupid as to trade a 3rd and 4th rounder for a kicker, he'd easily have done the same to get a RB. Tie that in with the fact that Martin has looked phenomenal in camp. By some reports, better than he's ever had. Personally, I'm at the point where people keep talking about Martin's suspension and he stays down in the ADP and I can snag him in the 6th round... maybe later.

From an in general trade, I think a trade to a team like the Eagles :o, Packers, Lions, or Broncos, would really be great for McCoy. I think it would really give more confidence to people drafting him.