Sign in to follow this  
rwockenf

Keep Allen Robinson?

My Auction League starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2FLEX (RB/WR/TE)...This league also tends to overspend...I've had ARob for a couple years and, like most people, am not confident in the situation is JAX...I can keep him for $11. I can't say for sure, but I'm sure the top 3-4 WRs will be kept. I DEFINTELY do not want ARob to be my #1, so my question is:

Do I keep ARob because the Top Tier WRs will probably be gone so the additional money (I would assume he would go for $20+ in the open market) I will have won't be able to go towards an elite WR...?

I don't HAVE to keep anyone and keeping a player does not cost me any picks. Is he worth keeping for a lower price and trying to pair with a Michael Thomas/Jordy Nelson (maybe)/TY Hilton? As an aside, I don't really have any other better options to keep when I compare cost....Thanks for the help.

If you are keeping him or nobody then I think the question is quite simple: will he start for your team?

If not, why keep him?

First things first, it depends on your overall budget and the rules. If this is a PPR league, you almost certainly want receivers in those flex spots.

I have a lot of shares of Robinson in keeper and dynasty leagues and feel the same. I'm holding him but treating him as a top-25 receiver, not my number 1. Having him for cheap would certainly let you splurge on someone like Jordy.

• Like 1

Yes, he probably would start for my team...especially considering with the FLEX spots we can start up to 4 WRs...It is a PPR League with a $225 budget (We start 2 IDP positions as well). I've seen values all over the place, from $15-$28 for him...and going from the 4th-6th Rd...So I suppose if I ask myself if I would pay $11 for a WR2-WR3 in those rounds, then I probably would...and I guess have my answer.

Drop him and bring him up first when it is your turn to throw a name out. If the league tends to overspend, let them bid him up to $15-18 and deal with the sh!t QB situation in JAX.