Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Mma fail- jon jones

How is he not permanently banned at this point?

Because it just happened, real life takes a little longer than the internet. He's facing up to a 4yr suspension.

Before the Cormier fight, Jon Jones tweeted the following:

Daniel says the only reason I defeated him the first time is because I must have been on steroids, wonder what his excuse will be this time

:doh:

:lol:

It makes little sense. Supposedly or at least as of last night he had passed the tests up until weigh ins. Then a test after weigh ins was positive for a 1960s steroid.

Why would he take roids a day before a fight?

It makes little sense. Supposedly or at least as of last night he had passed the tests up until weigh ins. Then a test after weigh ins was positive for a 1960s steroid.

Why would he take roids a day before a fight?

We don't have to know WHY he did it. I'm sure Mark Hunt would like to know WHY so many MMA fighters do it as well. According to this article this particular steroid has come back in vogue over the last decade:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/22/16187660/jon-jones-fails-usada-drug-test-anabolic-steroid-turinabol-ped-ufc-214-daniel-cormier-mma

Another article I read said that if you stop taking this one 5 days before a fight sometimes you can get past the test. According to the article above this steroid is used in some supplements, but ultimately Jon Jones is responsible for making sure everything he puts in his body is pure. He can't keep using the "I didn't know I was taking it excuse" that he used the last time he was flagged for steroids.

We don't have to know WHY he did it. I'm sure Mark Hunt would like to know WHY so many MMA fighters do it as well. According to this article this particular steroid has come back in vogue over the last decade:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/22/16187660/jon-jones-fails-usada-drug-test-anabolic-steroid-turinabol-ped-ufc-214-daniel-cormier-mma

Another article I read said that if you stop taking this one 5 days before a fight sometimes you can get past the test. According to the article above this steroid is used in some supplements, but ultimately Jon Jones is responsible for making sure everything he puts in his body is pure. He can't keep using the "I didn't know I was taking it excuse" that he used the last time he was flagged for steroids.

It does matter why. I'm not a Jones defender usually. And not that I wouldnt put it past him.

But according to what I heard yesterday......he had passed tests all camp. Then get popped for a roid the day before the fight. You take roids during training, not during media week....USUALLY. If you are going to cheat then cheat.

Of course that narrative could have changed already but that is what I heard when it came out.

It does matter why. I'm not a Jones defender usually. And not that I wouldnt put it past him.

But according to what I heard yesterday......he had passed tests all camp. Then get popped for a roid the day before the fight. You take roids during training, not during media week....USUALLY. If you are going to cheat then cheat.

Of course that narrative could have changed already but that is what I heard when it came out.

The why doesn't matter. Are you suggesting that the lab purposely failed him, or that they made a mistake? If they made a mistake that will be found when they test his b sample. That's why they take two samples. But in my experience they don't announce a failed test until they're pretty much 100% certain they're right. I don't ever remember seeing them come out after the announcement and say "oops we made a mistake." Or are you suggesting there's some conspiracy? If so, by who? There's no reason for it. Jon Jones is a huge draw for the UFC. So, just like you asking WHY he would do it, I ask WHY would anyone be conspiring against him. Given his history, I think it's more likely he did it.

And really the UFC is in big trouble and I have said this since it was sold. Loreno Fertita is a smart smart man. He jumped out when Conor was a star knowing he wasn't going to be around forever and his demands would only get higher.

Conor in boxing

Jones perhaps done

Lesnar done

Rousey done

GSP maybe has 1 last fight in him maybe 2.

Their only real stars were Conor and Jones. Now it looks like they will have to plead and throw money at Conor for a return.

What an awful buy for that Chinese company.

How is he not permanently banned at this point?

The reverse reason no one has signed Kap, in your mind anyway

The why doesn't matter. Are you suggesting that the lab purposely failed him, or that they made a mistake? If they made a mistake that will be found when they test his b sample. That's why they take two samples. But in my experience they don't announce a failed test until they're pretty much 100% certain they're right. I don't ever remember seeing them come out after the announcement and say "oops we made a mistake." Or are you suggesting there's some conspiracy? If so, by who? There's no reason for it. Jon Jones is a huge draw for the UFC. So, just like you asking WHY he would do it, I ask WHY would anyone be conspiring against him. Given his history, I think it's more likely he did it.

They have supposedly made many mistakes in the last couple years. Many guys got off. Not saying it will happen. But the why does matter when they haven't tested the B sample yet and they have made mistakes multiple times before.

Again not saying Jones isn't an idiot who would not use roids. Just that how the story goes from one of his coaches makes little sense.

Romero and Tim Means off the top of my head.

And really the UFC is in big trouble and I have said this since it was sold. Loreno Fertita is a smart smart man. He jumped out when Conor was a star knowing he wasn't going to be around forever and his demands would only get higher.

Conor in boxing

Jones perhaps done

Lesnar done

Rousey done

Their only real stars were Conor and Jones. Now it looks like they will have to plead and throw money at Conor for a return.

This I agree with. I find myself less and less interested in UFC. Part of it is the arbitrary way Dana chooses the fights, especially the big ones. But I don't know who half the fighters are any more. Cerrone is about the only guy I get excited about watching fight.

Conor in boxing

Jones perhaps done

Lesnar done

Rousey done

It definitely isn't what it used to be.

This I agree with. I find myself less and less interested in UFC. Part of it is the arbitrary way Dana chooses the fights, especially the big ones. But I don't know who half the fighters are any more. Cerrone is about the only guy I get excited about watching fight.

This too. There are so many fights now and so many new names. Also, I think the fighters are much more technically sound (defensively in particular) than they used to be.

My lack of interest isn't really because they abandoned the worth of the belt for "bigger money" matchups. I actually welcome that in a sense. But it is a slippery slope. When the money fights dry up for a little while you can't just jump back into belts and rankings and sell me on it when the divisions are all messed up.

I think they have just done a bad job of promoting younger talent. Back when there was 1 PPV every 2 months and maybe a free card in between....they weren't saturated. They didn't have the roster to add so many shows to the calendar year. Now with injury and USADA and the old guard all totally washed up....they have nothing to sell so many card with.

Just very watered down and the old stars are leaving much faster than new stars are being made. Then they headline the washed up old stars until they leave. Creating no young stars in that time.

The reverse reason no one has signed Kap, in your mind anyway

why do you enjoy me kick in the sh1t out of you so badly? The ass whooping I gave you in your Kaepernick thread may be the worst in this boards history. I have people who hate my guts who jumped in and said I destroyed you. When I get inducted into the geek club Hall of Fame, they will probably use that as an example.