Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Mike Evans

Where are you taking Mike Evans? Is it

crazy for me to take him over AB or Julio at 4 overall in a standard scoring? He's obviously not making it back to me. So how early are you targeting him?

I personally have him as my #3 ranked WR:

AB

OBJ

Evans

Julio

If OBJ ends up missing 1-2 games, switching him with Evans.

All personal preference.

As far as how early I'd take him - 5th overall... possibly 4th if OBJ misses time.

Antonio Brown's consistency makes him the unquestioned WR in fantasy football. But there is certainly an argument over who's no. 2.

Julio is a monster in PPR, but in standard leagues, I'd go with Evans. Julio only has one season with double-digit scores, while Evans has scored 12 TDs in 2 of his first 3 seasons.

Choosing between these two is a toss-up in PPR, but in standard leagues, I'd go with Evans.

In a non ppr league I think drafting Evans ahead of Brown Beckham and Jones is a good move.

yeah, I like Evans too. I'm on the fence as to whether I'd rank him in the top 3, but he's top 5 for sure.

I have #10 pick in my draft and I will take Evans if he is available.

I know, really going out on a limb there.

Same situation. Evans, nelson, green...one I expect will be there. Unless a rb like Gordon falls.

Same situation. Evans, nelson, green...one I expect will be there. Unless a rb like Gordon falls.

you like Gordon?

I'm personally a fan of zero RB and none of the other RBs in that range (Ajayi, Freeman, Howard, Murray) interest me, but Gordon I'm back and forth on.

Would you take him?

you like Gordon?

I'm personally a fan of zero RB and none of the other RBs in that range (Ajayi, Freeman, Howard, Murray) interest me, but Gordon I'm back and forth on.

Would you take him?

I'd take any one and/or two, of that group after pick #5. My top 4 are Johnson, Bell, Evans, Brown. After that, I'd take any of those guys (Freeman at #5), other than Murray.

I'd take any one and/or two, of that group after pick #5. My top 4 are Johnson, Bell, Evans, Brown. After that, I'd take any of those guys (Freeman at #5), other than Murray.

Freeman at #5? Interesting.

Thanks.

Picking at 7, I am hoping to have an Evans/Freeman decision to make, though things like OBJ's ankle and Elliott's suspension are not cooperating.

It's tough because like I'm at Pick 6 in a standard-league. I'm not crazy about McCoy or Freeman. But it feels like if I go wide receiver I almost have to go zero running back because the second round running backs are really really iffy.

Short answer yes.

.5 ppr scoring, we only require 1 rb to start vs 2 wrs and 2 flexes. I actually am planning on going zero rb but if Freeman or Gordon are sitting at 10 (I don't expect them to) I will likely take them esp if my wr targets are gone.

My current top 10(or perhaps what I expect will be our league's top 10) is dj, brown/bell, obj/julio, freeman/mccoy/gordon, evans/nelson

Gun to my head if I had pick 7 or 8 I probably go Evans over McCoy and possibly freeman. Gordon though i feel like is the safest rb pick(past dj and bell)...good offense, no competition, his pass catching is coming around...solid all around guy. McCoy has a lot of mileage and that buffalo team worries me. Freemans concussion gives me pause, as does coleman, but he's still going to put up great numbers in that offense. I won't consider at all any of the other rbs you listed(murray, howard, ect). Having a top rb i do like like Gordon I could ignore the position for up to 7 rounds if I wanted, lot of great wrs throughout.

Bottom line I probably will have the decision made for me and will be happy with whatever i end up with.

You are sleeping on Green. He is going to have 180 targets this year if he stays healthy and their schedule was one of hardest last year and one of easiest this year. I have Green as the #1 wr..... Julio is too much an injury risk. Rodgers best friend Jordy I have at 2.. Antonio at 3.. Evans at 4

You are sleeping on Green. He is going to have 180 targets this year if he stays healthy and their schedule was one of hardest last year and one of easiest this year. I have Green as the #1 wr..... Julio is too much an injury risk. Rodgers best friend Jordy I have at 2.. Antonio at 3.. Evans at 4

appreciate the take. I'm sitting at #10 and generally a zero RB guy, so an AJ/Jordy turn is very plauasible for me, and I like hearing that.

Antonio Brown's consistency makes him the unquestioned WR in fantasy football. But there is certainly an argument over who's no. 2.

Julio is a monster in PPR, but in standard leagues, I'd go with Evans. Julio only has one season with double-digit scores, while Evans has scored 12 TDs in 2 of his first 3 seasons.

Choosing between these two is a toss-up in PPR, but in standard leagues, I'd go with Evans.

Evans actually had more receptions than Jones 96 to 83. So actually I would say the scales tilt more in favor to Evans in a PPR. Julio is a yardage King.

I'm glad this topic was brought up. I will now bump Evans above Julio- we are switching to a PPR this year. Thanks!

Where are you taking Mike Evans? Is it

crazy for me to take him over AB or Julio at 4 overall in a standard scoring? He's obviously not making it back to me. So how early are you targeting him?

Why did Evans disappear during playoffs last year?

appreciate the take. I'm sitting at #10 and generally a zero RB guy, so an AJ/Jordy turn is very plauasible for me, and I like hearing that.

I've never gone and never considered zero RB... but if those two are there, it might be a first. Though I doubt it. I still would probably pass on one of them, most likely Nelson.

Why did Evans disappear during playoffs last year?

His targets were down slightly but his 50% catch rate in weeks 13, 14 and 15 did not help. Not sure if that was on him or Winston.

I've never gone and never considered zero RB... but if those two are there, it might be a first. Though I doubt it. I still would probably pass on one of them, most likely Nelson.

Zero running back is a little different. I did it last year I just happened to pick all the wrong receivers... but still scored a lot of points.

I think it's most effective when you're the only person in your league doing it.

His targets were down slightly but his 50% catch rate in weeks 13, 14 and 15 did not help. Not sure if that was on him or Winston.

Remember watching him in a game late last year. He was getting a ridiculous amount of targets and was being hit hard every time. Had a hard time dragging himself up off the ground and moved back to the huddle slowly. It was nice and all that Winston looked his way 80% of the time, but the other team knew it and they were making Evans pay. There may be such a thing as too many targets.

Zero running back is a little different. I did it last year I just happened to pick all the wrong receivers... but still scored a lot of points.

I think it's most effective when you're the only person in your league doing it.

yeah I started doing it the last 2 years and have made the playoffs both years and had no problem finding RB options throughout the year.

2 years ago, I still walked away from draft with Arian (last "good" year in Hou), Hyde, Gurley, and Yeldon (his one "good" year), I also got streamable weeks out of Duke Johnson, Shaun Draughn and Buck Allen.

Last year I walked away from draft with J Hill, D Murray, Ware, Michael, got Howard when Langford went down, and used my WR depth to trade for Doug Martin in season.

With the amount of turnover that there is in the RB position during the year, it's really a great strategy. Don't force it of course if the RBs are that much better when you're on the clock, but don't shy away from it either and try to convince yourself that there is a shortage of RBs, because there's not.

try a couple of mocks with it and see what you think.

I did one last night and went 3 WRs early (AJ, Jordy, Hopkins) and still walked away with D Cook, Montgomery, D Martin, K Hunt, J Rodgers, and Burkhead. That's a very solid stable of RBs still considering you should have the best set of WRs in the entire league.

yeah I started doing it the last 2 years and have made the playoffs both years and had no problem finding RB options throughout the year.

2 years ago, I still walked away from draft with Arian (last "good" year in Hou), Hyde, Gurley, and Yeldon (his one "good" year), I also got streamable weeks out of Duke Johnson, Shaun Draughn and Buck Allen.

Last year I walked away from draft with J Hill, D Murray, Ware, Michael, got Howard when Langford went down, and used my WR depth to trade for Doug Martin in season.

With the amount of turnover that there is in the RB position during the year, it's really a great strategy. Don't force it of course if the RBs are that much better when you're on the clock, but don't shy away from it either and try to convince yourself that there is a shortage of RBs, because there's not.

Yeah I'm struggling a bit as to where that cut off is of went to still take the running back. Is it LeSean McCoy? Devonta Freeman?

Because then I can still make a case all the way down to Mike Evans in the middle of the first round.

Yeah I'm struggling a bit as to where that cut off is of went to still take the running back. Is it LeSean McCoy? Devonta Freeman?

Because then I can still make a case all the way down to Mike Evans in the middle of the first round.

Take who you think will do the best.

I'm at 10 so Evans I know will be off the board for me. If I was in the middle, I'd def take him over McCoy or Freeman though. You should still be able to get one of the Gordon/Ajayi/Howard/Murray lot, which are not far down from Freeman, or get Michael Thomas and start with a great WR/WR tandem.

If either McCoy or Freeman are still on the board for me at 10, that probably means that Jordy and/or AJ are already gone though, so I'd take at least one of them. Jordy's my cut off, so not going to reach for Michael Thomas at 11.

I only see one starting Rb D Cook.

I dot think that's a good move.

If indeed D Jax working out he should take some targets from Evans.

But I've already moved Evens up on my rankings I think he should have another out standing season.

If indeed D Jax working out he should take some targets from Evans.

But I've already moved Evens up on my rankings I think he should have another out standing season.

Jackson will only help Evans get bigger numbers, not hurt.

I only see one starting Rb D Cook.

I dot think that's a good move.

you bank on the fact that you should be able to get another starting RB at some point during the season to finish it off, of course

. Look how many guys came out of nowhere last year to become good starters at some point...Rob Kelley, Ty Montgomery, Jordan Howard, Jay Ajayi, Jacquizz Rodgers, James White, Theo Riddick, Tevin Coleman, Spencer Ware, Bilal Powell, Isaiah Crowell.

You do "zero RB" for that reason specifically, because you know you should be able to fill in the gaps during the season. If you're a smart player and are always looking ahead, it's not that hard. It should be similar this year as many more starting RB jobs should change hands at some point this season. You don't have to have a finished product on draft day.

But going back to the team at hand, having Rodgers for those first 3 games helps bridge the gap until you can find better long term options. That's a big key so you don't start the season already in a big hole.

Hunt has a good chance of growing into a very good starter for the 2nd half of the season, and Martin has looked really strong so he could come back Week4 and at least be a spot starter for you the rest of the year.

But that should be offset by the fact that you have (or at least should have) the best WRs in the whole league. That's your advantage.

Make sense?

you bank on the fact that you should be able to get another starting RB at some point during the season to finish it off, of course

. Look how many guys came out of nowhere last year to become good starters at some point...Rob Kelley, Ty Montgomery, Jordan Howard, Jay Ajayi, Jacquizz Rodgers, James White, Theo Riddick, Tevin Coleman, Spencer Ware, Bilal Powell, Isaiah Crowell.

You do "zero RB" for that reason specifically, because you know you should be able to fill in the gaps during the season. If you're a smart player and are always looking ahead, it's not that hard. It should be similar this year as many more starting RB jobs should change hands at some point this season. You don't have to have a finished product on draft day.

But going back to the team at hand, having Rodgers for those first 3 games helps bridge the gap until you can find better long term options. That's a big key so you don't start the season already in a big hole.

Hunt has a good chance of growing into a very good starter for the 2nd half of the season, and Martin has looked really strong so he could come back Week4 and at least be a spot starter for you the rest of the year.

But that should be offset by the fact that you have (or at least should have) the best WRs in the whole league. That's your advantage.

Make sense?

Potentially qb and te too if you stretch it that far and are in the right spots to get the top guys.

Potentially qb and te too if you stretch it that far and are in the right spots to get the top guys.

true, but I personally still like drafting a Top 5 TE in a no RB draft as well to ensure I can have another advantage at TE in addition to having the best stack of WRs.

instead of having to gamble on getting Ertz in the 8th (after which point a big dropoff IMO) I'd rather take Olson/Graham in the 5th and get Doug Martin, Bilal Powell or Kareem Hunt in the 8th, or stack my WRs even further in the 8th with D Parker or B Marshall.

I really like the WR/RB depth in the 7-9 range, so I'd rather use an early pick on TE to guarantee I can lock down the position with a Top 5 guy, as I don't see much difference in the WR/RB I can be taking in the 5th vs the guy I can be getting in the 8th.

I'm generally last to take a starting QB in my league.

true, but I personally still like drafting a Top 5 TE in a no RB draft as well to ensure I can have another advantage at TE in addition to having the best stack of WRs.

instead of having to gamble on getting Ertz in the 8th (after which point a big dropoff IMO) I'd rather take Olson/Graham in the 5th and get Doug Martin, Bilal Powell or Kareem Hunt in the 8th, or stack my WRs even further in the 8th with D Parker or B Marshall.

I really like the WR/RB depth in the 7-9 range, so I'd rather use an early pick on TE to guarantee I can lock down the position with a Top 5 guy, as I don't see much difference in the WR/RB I can be taking in the 5th vs the guy I can be getting in the 8th.

I'm generally last to take a starting QB in my league.

Agree.....I'm liking a Julio, Gronk, kelvin benjamin, Larry Fitzgerald type start if you go zero Rb.

For rbs late....like Terrance west, Perine, hunt, jacquizz, marlon Mack, Vereen, Jamal Williams. I'm staying away from all things philly or Seattle running wise.

Agree.....I'm liking a Julio, Gronk, kelvin benjamin, Larry Fitzgerald type start if you go zero Rb.

For rbs late....like Terrance west, Perine, hunt, jacquizz, marlon Mack, Vereen, Jamal Williams. I'm staying away from all things philly or Seattle running wise.

Take a late round stab at Chris Carson. Kid is a freight train. Rawls and Procise can't stay healthy and Lacy is, well, Lacy. Carson looks legit and Pete Carroll loves him.