Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Soooo I discovered a lump on my jawline

About middle way between my chin and my ear. It moves back and forth and is squishy. Hurts when I touch it. I have a dr.s appt today to see wtf is going on. Its probably a focking tumor with my luck.

About middle way between my chin and my ear. It moves back and forth and is squishy. Hurts when I touch it. I have a dr.s appt today to see wtf is going on. Its probably a focking tumor with my luck.

Have you been sick? Might just be an inflamed lymph node that's been fighting some kind of infection.

• Like 1

Have you been sick? Might just be an inflamed lymph node that's been fighting some kind of infection.

No and if not for the fact my ear was hurting a little I would have never known the lump was there

It's prolly nothing dude. I've had two friends with similar things and they were just benign cysts.

But since this is the Geek Club.....

Whatever you do, don't google Michael Douglas. He got the C word from eating pootang.

Never smoked or chewed.

You're fine, then. It's probably just elephantiasis. :wave:

Probably just an enflamed soft palate from deep-throating that herd of Mandingo

:first:

What time is your appt?

20 mins

I'm sure it's nothing. Like Newbie said...fatty tumor, etc. You haven't smoked or chewed..so...meh....its not gonna be anything to worry about. Message us from the clinic when you get out.

I'm sure it's nothing. Like Newbie said...fatty tumor, etc. You haven't smoked or chewed..so...meh....its not gonna be anything to worry about. Message us from the clinic when you get out.

He has smoked a ton of MJ tho... :dunno:

Cyst

Cyst

Why does it matter if he identifies as a male? :dunno:

• Like 1

Swollen lymph node. Said to watch it for a week. He checked my others and nothing else was swollen. Said I'll get blood work and am MRI next week if it does not go down.

• Like 1

swollen lymph node from aids virus overload from your last skank

This is actually an excellent point. Acute HIV presents as a mono-like illness, which includes swollen lymph nodes. Primary care doctors often miss this diagnosis.

Its either aids or alzheimers. Have one of your friends blindfold you and drive you to a strange place and drop you off. If you can make it home. Dont bang anyone.

• Like 2

Squishy, mobile and tender are all signs it isn't likely a tumor. Probably an infected lymph node or abscess.

ETA Just read the post above. MRI is overkill.

Why wouldn't the doc prescribe antibiotics? :dunno:

Its a pre-auricular lymph node - did your doc look in your ear?

Yeah, I advise everyone to wait on what digby has to say instead of this quack.

He looked in my ear. Felt the nodes on both sides then the ones in my groin area. Said that it's probably an infection. Don't touch it because I could cause it to swell. Wait a week and if it's not smaller or if it's worse they will do blood work and an MRI. I made sure he felt it. Not just ohh yeah I can feel it bs. I had him put his fingers right on the spot which is right on my jawline.

This is still freaking me out.

He looked in my ear. Felt the nodes on both sides then the ones in my groin area. Said that it's probably an infection. Don't touch it because I could cause it to swell. Wait a week and if it's not smaller or if it's worse they will do blood work and an MRI. I made sure he felt it. Not just ohh yeah I can feel it bs. I had him put his fingers right on the spot which is right on my jawline.

This is still freaking me out.

Why didn't you have him take a quick x-ray?

I asked. He said that x-rays would not show it and that before we start doing MRIs and blood tests he wanted to see if it went down.

He literally said that while I don't think it's cancer finding out next week is not going to do any worse for ya than finding out this week. That's not a joke. His exact words.

I asked. He said that x-rays would not show it and that before we start doing MRIs and blood tests he wanted to see if it went down.

He literally said that while I don't think it's cancer finding out next week is not going to do any worse for ya than finding out this week. That's not a joke. His exact words.

Doesn't that sh!t just piss you off? I know a lot of people freak the F out when something unusual is going on and just assume the worst. But most doctors don't put themselves in your shoes and understand the mind-focking it does to you.

I'm sure it'll be fine, but I can understand why you're freaked out.

Fock that. I would have lied and told him I had already waited a week, fix me now or at least figure out what it is. Don't you just love doctors?

Doesn't that sh!t just piss you off? I know a lot of people freak the F out when something unusual is going on and just assume the worst. But most doctors don't put themselves in your shoes and understand the mind-focking it does to you.

I'm sure it'll be fine, but I can understand why you're freaked out.

in the meantime I'm thinking horrible things. Thinking there's no way I'm gonna make it long enough for my kid to remember me.

in the meantime I'm thinking horrible things. Thinking there's no way I'm gonna make it long enough for my kid to remember me.

I've been there. Its impossible not to think/fear the worst. About 9 months ago I had some back issues. A few months prior to the back pain, I had heard from different people that they had friends with lower back pain...went to the doctor...found out they had cancer...were given a few months to a few years to live.

Then you go to WebMD or some other "medical" website and see the symptoms. Yeah, I've been kinda tired lately. My skin looks a little pale or yellow. My appetite has been a little different. I've gained/lost a little weight. My poop is different. Yep, I've got cancer and am going to die in 3-6 months. Focking great. Sorry wife and kids.

I was a hypochondriac for about 3 months and it really focked with my mind. That stress is the last thing your body needs...

Stop it for Christ's sake ya .

I had something similar in my neck about 10 years ago. Doc gave me anti biotics to see if it would return to normal.

She also had me test for thyroid cancer because she said a swollen lymph node there can sometimes be associated with thyroid cancer.

Turned out to be nothing. The antibiotics cleared it up.