Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

For Those Waiting on TE this year

Who are we targetting after everyone goes crazy for the usual names of Gronk, Kelce, Reed, Jimmy Graham, etc.

I have done very well waiting on TE in drafts over the years getting guys like Julius Thomas, Travis Kelce, Hunter Henry, etc.

I'm having trouble on settling on someone this year though. There's a few guys I'm having trouble deciding between.

Zach Ertz: Talent and opportunity are there to make a huge jump this season as long as he can stay healthy. The guy I'm most confident in making the leap and becoming a steal.

Austin Hooper: He really started to come on late in the season as a rookie and had a nice SB performance. Ryan loves the TE and he'll get looks with that offense.

Eric Ebron: A guy who has been very hit or miss for me over the years. Has the talent but big injury history. Hard for me to trust again.

Hunter Henry: Huge fan of his but Gates refuses to go away.

Coby Fleener: He's still the starting TE for Brees and the Saints.

Austin Seferian Jenkins: One of those guys I failed on in the past as my sleeper TE pick but I really like the situation. He has size and talent and has (hopefully) overcome his issues. The Jets will be down a lot and the team lacks any viable options outside of Robby Anderson. He could be a target monster garbage time hero and can be had for nothing in drafts.

Anyone high on any of these guys or someone else I may be missing?

• Like 1

I like Ertz based on that list. Good situation and Wentz seems to like him. But don't sleep on Doyle in Indy. They got rid of Allen so he is now the man. As long as Luck can get healthy Doyle should have a good year. Luck loves tossing it to his TE

I like Ertz based on that list. Good situation and Wentz seems to like him. But don't sleep on Doyle in Indy. They got rid of Allen so he is now the man. As long as Luck can get healthy Doyle should have a good year. Luck loves tossing it to his TE

Doyle is a good name to throw out but with Luck looking very unlikely for Week 1 and possibly beyond, I'm not as high on him.

If I'm waiting really late, to the point where guys are taking their backups then I'm grabbing Ebron if he's there or guys like Witten and Gates. I'm not too worried because I know I can grab Fiedorowicz if things don't work out.

A few I like late:

Ertz

Henry

Doyle

Very late:

Engram

Brate

I like Ertz and Henry a lot. Henry too talented to keep on the bench and Ertz will be a target monster.

Be careful with Doyle. Indy beat reporter stated Colts will use Doyle more as blocking TE with Swoope as the pass catcher.

I like Ertz and Henry a lot. Henry too talented to keep on the bench and Ertz will be a target monster.

love both of these guys after the usual suspects go off board.

Hooper

Cook

Engram

Some of the late te I like.

Hooper

Cook

Engram

Some of the late te I like.

Jared Cook is fool's gold.

And that's why Cook would be a late te pick up.

I'm not so sure one can draft Bennet late, I think he's being look at as a te1.

But I agree with him being a good pick up

hooper and brate are the guys i'm targeting really late if i dont grab someone early. both on good offenses, should have plenty of opportunities near the GL.

I like Ebron this year with Boldin gone....if he can get and stay relatively healthy. Sounds like they will be running more 2 TE sets which should lead to more of a focus on that position.

Agree about Ebron.

If he can stay healthy he might fine the endzone pleanty of times.

Kyle Rudolph was the TE3 in standard scoring last year, has a favorable defenses-against-TEs schedule this year, and can be had in the middle rounds. But Yahoo has slapped him with a Questionable tag and the usual sources aren't telling me why he's "Q". Anybody like Rudolph ?

• Like 1

He's been a great help to Santa during those stormy nights.

• Like 1

Kyle Rudolph was the TE3 in standard scoring last year, has a favorable defenses-against-TEs schedule this year, and can be had in the middle rounds. But Yahoo has slapped him with a Questionable tag and the usual sources aren't telling me why he's "Q". Anybody like Rudolph ?

Rudolph is very dependent on receptions. If he can keep the targets up then he's good in PPR, otherwise he's a bit risky depending where you get him.

Hunter Henry. Gates just needs 1 more TD for the record, and they admitted that's why they used him more last year vs Henry.

Rookie TEs never do well, but I love OJ Howard, especially for keeper leagues.

Jared Cook is fool's gold.

You keep throwing shade Jared Cooks direction. He won't catch it any way. ;)

Rudolph going at the end of the 7th. Bennett early 8th. Ertz mid 8th. Henry mid 9th.

Ebron in the 11th has some value, but he can't seem to stay off the shelf. Doyle at the end of the 11th is good value though.

Howard/Hooper/Fleener/Julius/Witten all going in the 13th. Of those five I like Hooper/Julius & Witten to put up TE8-12 type numbers.

Hooper was among the more compete TEs coming out and has had a year to learn the league. He started showing glimpses in the middle of last year.

Julius reunites with the coach who oversaw him putting up 108 catches for 1277 yards and 24 TDs in 2013/14. Gase knows how to manage Thomas and utilize him in the red zone.

Witten is more of a gut feeling on my part. He's a high floor/low ceiling guy whom I believe will see more targets this year as Zeke serves his suspension and the team transitions to Dak. Dez will get his and Beasley will too, but I'm projecting old man Witten to see 105 targets, catch 75 of them for 725 yards and 4 TDs. Certainly not top end, but he was TE 11 in my league last year and could easily creep into the TE9 slot. Not bad for somebody going at the end of the 13th.

• Like 1

I personally expect roughly the same this year from Ebron, ASJ & Hooper as last year not much of a change and lower ceiling than the other three.

I think Fleener could have a much bigger year this year as I think the saints will be playing base 2WR formations a lot more with the loss of cooks and an increased emphasis on the run game.

Henry has the highest ceiling but I´m scared to draft him as my starting TE with Gates still around.

Ertz for the 5th straight year is in a position to make a big jump but his failure to do so in previous season makes me wary.

I personally am a proponent of getting a good TE and I´m hoping to draft Olson in a couple of leagues. If I can´t get one of the top 6, I´ll probably target Fleener or a combo of Henry/ASJ although I really hate to have 2 TE´s rostered.

whats up with that Trey Burton kid? I have heard he is supposed to be a great receiver

Brate finished top 10 mostly due to his TD catches but if the rapport with Winston continues, he will be a steal at his current ADP

Brate finished top 10 mostly due to his TD catches but if the rapport with Winston continues, he will be a steal at his current ADP

OJ Howard and D-Jax will take targets away. I have Brate firmly entrenched in my DND just because I don't believe Winston is that good.

They will but not down by the goal line. He has a solid floor. Now if you just don't like Winston, well there's that.

Any thoughts on Evan Engram? Eli loves to throw to the TE and with OBJ, Marshall and Shepard on the outside this guy can take advantage of mismatches all day long. Not sure what his usage will be since he is not a pure TE.

Rudolph scored 12 less points than Kelce last year.

Rudolph scored 12 less points than Kelce last year.

Are you saying this is good or bad ?

Kelce was the TE1 and Rudolph was 10 less than Kelce in standard and just over 2 points less than the TE2, Jimmy Graham.

They will but not down by the goal line. He has a solid floor. Now if you just don't like Winston, well there's that.

I just don't see him getting the volume or opportunities like last year.

I waited way late, but there was a TE run in like the 4th-5th rounds and I wasn't going to participate when there were still good recievers/RBs on the board.

I got Hooper in the 12th and J Thomas in the 14th.

I like their value there, but it seems if you don't have Gronk, Kelce, or a heathy Reed all others are meh at best.