Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

For Those Waiting on TE this year

Every year, I'm tempted to take a top TE and every year I end up waiting and taking the late round high upside guys. And every year I don't regret it. I got Jimmy Graham the year he broke out. Same with Jordan Reed. Same with Kelce, Same with Julius Thomas. One of these years, I expect my luck to run out. It might be this year because I don't see any flashing lights with these guys.

I think the most undervalued is Kyle Rudolph. My best late round bets are Austin Hooper and Jack Doyle, but I don't think either is a superstar in the making. You could see that sort of talent in Graham, Kelce and Reed, for example. Like you, I'm intrigued by ASJ. He DOES have superstar talent. Was a beast in college. Just not sure if the timing is right for him. I'd like him a little more as a bench stash than a TE2. Today's preseason game will be a good indicator of what to expect.

Caveat: I will likely try and get SEA J. Graham in Rd 6 or GB TE Bennett in Rd 9. If neither pans out:

I like Brate, J. Thomas, Fiedorowicz, Fleener, and ASJ (suspended first two games).

Taking the te that's going to play the Raiders.

Their Defence is going to be badddddd.

Walker for the Titans is salivating right now for their week one matchup

I think the most undervalued is Kyle Rudolph. My best late round bets are Austin Hooper and Jack Doyle,

Rudolph has been a tease way too long for me to go after him. But if Luck gets in the game sooner rather than later, Doyle is going to be money this year. He's the second coming of Dallas Clark.

I just drafted in our 12 team league (I had the 12the pick). .5 PPR.

I admittedly waited on TE's until the last few rounds, choosing instead to load up on RB and WR potential.

All I was able to get was Austin Hooper in the 13th round and Coby Fleener in the 14th

A guy I like REALLY late, like last pick of the draft or pick him up off waivers late.....is Charles Clay.

He's always been a talented receiver and route runner, and last year had a nice little stretch with Tyrod towards the end of the year when he put up some damn impressive stats.

Minus out Watkins, factor in Boldin's retirement, and couple all of that with Jordan Matthews history of drops and unfamiliarity with the offense and I think Clay could be a waiver wire gem this year.

• Like 1

Watkins hasn't been a real factor with the Bills guys always hurt.

Boldin never played with the team.

So I don't see much more from Clay then he's shown since he's been with the Bills.

I'd roster Engram. Guy is a WR with TE designation and is going to feast in the middle. Guy is the real deal.

I grabbed HHenry late and then grabbed engram in the final rounds. I am figuring to be starting Engram soon.

• Like 2

I think you should have Julius Thomas on your late/sleeper lists since everything since Denver has probably made everyone put him on a shelf.

But hooking up with Gase should be good for him.

My pick for the value is Eifert.

Waited till the last pick and went fleener. Meh.

Could be great value.

I waited too long. Was thinking Henry would come back to me but he was sniped right before me...so I decided to wait. Ended up with Doyle & Engram (deep bench, normally wouldn't draft 2 TEs). Now I hope & pray.

I liked Devalve as a last round TE. Wondering how Njoku would effect him. Him and Engram and Hooper would be late rounds target.

I'll go with:

- Julius Thomas

- Jared Cook

- DeValve

The TE I take very late is Witten.

Lock for 70 catches and with Zeke gone he's going to be Dak's security blanket with Dez seeing double coverage all day.

Plus half the TEs you guys are targeting will get banged up. Witten is an Iron Man...Mr. Dependable.

Anyone on the George Kittle hype train with the departure of Vance McDonald?

I waited to long and drafted Brate,not happy about it. Next best available are J Thomas,Fleener, Njoku,CJ Fiedorowicz, and then the old Antonio Gates. Should I just roll with Brate or make a move on one of the other guys

I've decided that I want Rudolph or Ertz and can get them 7th roundish. Of these two, who would you rather have and why?

Was planning on going graham in the 4th but he got snagged in the 3rd.

changed my plan to go ertz in the 7th and he was snagged 3 picks ahead of me.

Ended up going with hooper in the 11th. Don't love it, but whatever. He ended last year well and if all else fails i can trade some WRs for a TE in a few weeks.

Xenon I think those two are a coin flip but I like ertz this year.

I went with Hooper late, Doyle and Fleener are both still available and I keep going back and forth on picking one of them up but think I'll sit pat till after the first week at least

I went Evan engram. Reports are he's the real deal and they are moving him around the formation

I went with Hooper late, Doyle and Fleener are both still available and I keep going back and forth on picking one of them up but think I'll sit pat till after the first week at least

Dropped hooper for Fleener simply bc of the Snead suspension.

I went until the end for a TE. Took Gates. He's good for TDs is my only thought. Which might be good enough until a TE emerges somewhere like every year. Then grab that guy.

Wtf Witten! Might drop Fleener for him right now hahah.

In 3 of my four leagues, I have witten on my rosters as a starter or backup to my starter. He is a safety guard for prescott meaning he will get at least 8 to 9 receptions a game and that means alot in ppr and standard leagues.

In PPR I think Whitten is a steal. If he can stay healthy which he always been, he's a top 10 lock.

I've been waiting in most leagues. Wound up with Ebron in the 9th round in a 14 team league. Took ASJ in the 15 round after just missing Engram the round before.

While I'm not optimistic I've got a great TE, I'd rather take some upside late and play the waiver wire than take one early.

Also I think the second half of the season and you could see a player like David Njoku or Gerald Everett become a startable TE.

In PPR I think Whitten is a steal. If he can stay healthy which he always been, he's a top 10 lock.

He played 16 last year and went 69/673/3. That was 14th in my .5ppr, just behind Doyle and Hunter Henry. Why do you think top ten this year is a lock?

He played 16 last year and went 69/673/3. That was 14th in my .5ppr, just behind Doyle and Hunter Henry. Why do you think top ten this year is a lock?

In Standard and even to some degree in .5 PPR leagues, his value certainly takes a hit because he doesn't consistently find the endzone.

His 96 targets last year was more than Dez (by 1) and just short of 98 by Beasley. Yes he's not going to give you more than 3-5 TD's a year but in a full point PPR you don't need consistent TD production from him due to the volume of receptions.

He finished 11 in my full point PPR last year. Pitta, Brate and Bennett were all ahead of him. Obviously Pitta isn't a factor. Brate still got potential but I'm not sure anyone is penciling him in for 8 TD's this year with the weapons TB added in Jackson and Howard. Bennett isn't on NE anymore. Yes the Packers offense is a great opportunity, but the question remains, are GB TE's and afterthought because of the scheme of because they haven't had good players at that position.

In full point PPR I like that Whitten's outcomes are as sure of a thing as you can predict, thus taking him late ensures you have a starting TE who's going to be around TE 10, that allows you to take a flier on an upside TE later.

• Like 1

In Standard and even to some degree in .5 PPR leagues, his value certainly takes a hit because he doesn't consistently find the endzone.

His 96 targets last year was more than Dez (by 1) and just short of 98 by Beasley. Yes he's not going to give you more than 3-5 TD's a year but in a full point PPR you don't need consistent TD production from him due to the volume of receptions.

He finished 11 in my full point PPR last year. Pitta, Brate and Bennett were all ahead of him. Obviously Pitta isn't a factor. Brate still got potential but I'm not sure anyone is penciling him in for 8 TD's this year with the weapons TB added in Jackson and Howard. Bennett isn't on NE anymore. Yes the Packers offense is a great opportunity, but the question remains, are GB TE's and afterthought because of the scheme of because they haven't had good players at that position.

In full point PPR I like that Whitten's outcomes are as sure of a thing as you can predict, thus taking him late ensures you have a starting TE who's going to be around TE 10, that allows you to take a flier on an upside TE later.

Some reasonable points there. I'm still thinking 'a lock' is far too strong. He's been fairly consistently slipping in production as he ages--not the fast dropoff that a guy like Gates saw, but I don't think the odds are good in any particular year of him equaling the previous year. And I also think there are a lot of TEs out there now who are catching a lot of TDs. And even in PPR or half PPR, 3 TDs won't stand up to 6, 7, 8 TDs.

Witten is a backup TE to me. A reliable one, but I don't wait on him. Much rather grab Hunter, Ebron, Brate, etc.

I went until the end for a TE. Took Gates. He's good for TDs is my only thought. Which might be good enough until a TE emerges somewhere like every year. Then grab that guy.

Damn how long did you wait? Who else was left

• Like 1

Damn how long did you wait? Who else was left

I waited until round 14 of 16. I think Cameron Brate went undrafted. I may pick him up but I like Gates early in the season when he's fresh.

I waited until round 14 of 16. I think Cameron Brate went undrafted. I may pick him up but I like Gates early in the season when he's fresh.

May be a good thought. Brate also will be leaned on a lot early while OJ is eased in

I've been waiting in most leagues. Wound up with Ebron in the 9th round in a 14 team league. Took ASJ in the 15 round after just missing Engram the round before.

While I'm not optimistic I've got a great TE, I'd rather take some upside late and play the waiver wire than take one early.

Also I think the second half of the season and you could see a player like David Njoku or Gerald Everett become a startable TE.

I think Witten is a great compliment for anyone who rides the Gronk/Reed/Eifert train. Witten will give you something each week and you can count on him playing.