Sign in to follow this  
c.hammer

Ware out with knee injury

Looks like Ware will miss 4-6 weeks huh.

Yea Hunt Rb1 now with that news.

Chiefs say PCL is also damaged meaning surgery is likely to end his season. He will get a second look but it seems any mention of PCL concerns always end up being bad.

Round 2 in my eyes

I'd say 3 myself. He may turn into being worth more than that, I'm hoping so. But remember he's a rook, we've seen him in limited action against the big boys.

I just got him @ 4.03 (33rd overall) in a 10 team 1/2 pt PPR.

I'm taking him in round two.

I know Hunt looked good and was drafted for the future but C West has always stepped in and (gulp) Spiller looks like he could take on a larger role.

I hear everyone on the Hunt hype train but is this a product of being the only intrigue at RB heading into the season? Besides edlleman...

I can't see Reid giving a 4th rounder all the carries and yield a RB1. More of high upside RB3 IMO with upside.

I can't see Reid giving a 4th rounder all the carries and yield a RB1. More of high upside RB3 IMO with upside.

They actually liked Hunt so much they traded up spots in the 3rd round to draft him. Reid has a history of going with one guy whenever he can. Check out Doug Orth's column: http://www.fftoday.com/articles/orth/17_kareem_hunt_value.html

A high-end RB2 at worst. If you want him I wouldn't wait longer than the 3rd or 4th rounds to grab him.

I know Hunt looked good and was drafted for the future but C West has always stepped in and (gulp) Spiller looks like he could take on a larger role.

I hear everyone on the Hunt hype train but is this a product of being the only intrigue at RB heading into the season? Besides edlleman...

Charcandrick West is trash.

Just look at these stat lines from last year when he actually got touches...

14 rushes for 52 yards

13 for 39

14 for 35

16 for 58

and as a Ware owner last year that actually watched the Chiefs most games, the numbers don't lie. He just did not look good.

I don't think you'd even need to hold him as a handcuff if you're a Hunt owner.

• Like 1

Charcandrick West is trash.

Just look at these stat lines from last year when he actually got touches...

14 rushes for 52 yards

13 for 39

14 for 35

16 for 58

and as a Ware owner last year that actually watched the Chiefs most games, the numbers don't lie. He just did not look good.

I don't think you'd even need to hold him as a handcuff if you're a Hunt owner.

Nice post, saves me from grabbing West off the wire. I only hold handcuffs if I think they will be really good in relief. Too many times we see a #1 go down and the backup struggles.

Nice post, saves me from grabbing West off the wire. I only hold handcuffs if I think they will be really good in relief. Too many times we see a #1 go down and the backup struggles.

no prob.

Hunt went mid 3rd tonight in my draft fwiw.

So Reid calling Hunt his "workhorse" back doesn't mean much?

And every season when Spiller was supposed to break out and didn't doesn't mean much?

West knows the system and would be next in line

Ev

you're right, but he's not special is my point.

you only need to handcuff if the replacement would become a similar must start play to the starter. IMO, if Hunt went down, West is a matchup based flex at best, and you don't need to waste time with that on your bench.

you should have a better option sitting on your bench to start in the event that Hunt goes down. definitely try to pickup West in the event that Hunt goes down because any RB with that amount of touches is rosterable, but he'd be a weak play still if you actually had to start him.

Not too many 3rd string backs are special but opportunity is more important to me. If Hunt struggles or gets banged up, West might be looking at 15-20 touches a game. As either a handcuff or end of the bench rb that's pretty good upside

Not too many 3rd string backs are special but opportunity is more important to me. If Hunt struggles or gets banged up, West might be looking at 15-20 touches a game. As either a handcuff or end of the bench rb that's pretty good upside

all handcuffs are equal though at least, so I wouldn't rank him ahead of Jonathan Williams, James Connor, Jamaal Williams, Derrick Henry (obviously), Jacquizz Rodgers, Jamaal Charles, Latavius Murray, Wendell Smallwood, Samaje Perine, just off the top of my head.

I think any of those would do more with a starting job than West would, so if I'm looking to carry one final roster spot for a handcuff if I'm not a Hunt owner, I'd rather have any of those guys to West.

Where is beernuts?? Your boy went down. You going to draft Hunt now?

I am not as high on Hunt as everyone else. I think Ware is a better back at everything, so if he struggled last year, I don't see why Hunt won't struggle at points this year. People are drafting Hunt like he is a guaranteed fantasy starter at this point. Kudos to those who got actual value on him in the draft.

The 2nd reason why I won't draft him, I quit my home town keeper and redraft leagues. I am having a baby soon, so I just didn't want to dedicate the time to those leagues. I may actually be quitting ffball altogether after this season. Just some other stuff I have to work on in my life. I did not grab Hunt in any dynasty leagues.

Interesting conversation on West. I drafted Hunt...picked up West as soon as I heard the news. Think it really depends on roster construction. If you are deep at RB you are right, you probably don't need to roster him. I, on the other hand, would be choosing between Duke Johnson (non PPR) Rawls and Burkhead as a fill in so West makes sense for me. Its by far the worst position on my roster, so having a guy that will get the work regardless of his talent is a need.

West becomes Perkins if Hunt goes down. Or Gore. Or Kelley. Pick your poison.

Interesting conversation on West. I drafted Hunt...picked up West as soon as I heard the news. Think it really depends on roster construction. If you are deep at RB you are right, you probably don't need to roster him. I, on the other hand, would be choosing between Duke Johnson (non PPR) Rawls and Burkhead as a fill in so West makes sense for me. Its by far the worst position on my roster, so having a guy that will get the work regardless of his talent is a need.

West becomes Perkins if Hunt goes down. Or Gore. Or Kelley. Pick your poison.

I get where you're coming from; I'm a handcuff guy myself so I can certainly respect that.

I do think though that KC could be a good candidate to sign one of the vets off the street though if Hunt really was to go down. Guys like Rashad Jennings, Ryan Mathews, and Deangelo Williams are still out there and waiting for good opportunities, and I could see mutual attraction if the KC job became available.

Would muddy the waters for West and at least create a RBBC that would limit everybody's upside.

. I could be wrong, but just my gut feeling.

Would love to get Hunt as a Rb2, but if I go wr first in ppr I would have no problem taking him as my rb1.

I think he will show to be over all a better player then Ware.

Would love to get Hunt as a Rb2, but if I go wr first in ppr I would have no problem taking him as my rb1.

I think he will show to be over all a better player then Ware.

In my league that just drafted Tues night, he went 4th pick of 3rd rd to a guy that went WR/WR early with Julio and Michael Thomas.

He has a real nice team.

That is a nice team.

FYI, anybody drafting in Yahoo should be aware that Hunt is listed as the 2501 overall pick. I was able to draft him in the 6th round of a 10 man keeper league (from the 9th spot). I was willing to take him in the 4th, but had better options at that point.

He was the 20th RB drafted (I had him ranked 12th). I noticed that SNAFU last night during my last mock draft before tonight draft.

Always admired the KC RB's. Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Spencer Ware (somewhat). Always seem like an old school running team. Andy Reid helps now. I feel if the carries are there Hunt should make the best of it. Drafted early this year actually picked up Hunt 10.4. Hope he makes the most of his opportunities. Fresh legs and rookie drive.