Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Draft set up is complete and we have begun

Draft is here:

http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=16444&O=17

Two picks in thus far...

1.01 1. Top Gun Cook, Dalvin MIN RB ® Sun Aug 27 11:33:16 p.m. ET 2017 1.02 2. Firefly McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB ® Mon Aug 28 2:41:00 a.m. ET 2017 1.03 3. Clerks Waiting On "Clerks For The Next Pick

I've went ahead and removed all extra picks. You all should have exactly as many draft picks as you do open roster spots.

Some things you should be aware of that I did...

1) The big one is that I bent the rules and I think we should talk about it. So I was in there just now setting up the draft and saw that Shotsup (Reefer Madness) didn't get his cuts in. Oh, sh*t. So I went and made two for him, one retired player (Anquan Boldin) and one oldster free agent sitting by his phone (James Starks). Now that's not what the rules say and I probably shouldn't have done that. Maybe I should have left him hanging with Boldin and Starks on his roster and cancelled his picks. I dunno. It seemed cruel and so I gave him two picks. If any of you want to call me out on this, I plead "Guilty". We can pause the draft when it's his turn and have a quick vote on how to handle it. Shotsup is in a lot of leagues and has been around, this is surely an oversight.

There's also a history here. About five years ago in 12 Geeks, Shotsup had made a roster blunder and I went off on him. Now I was technically right, I'd long felt ashamed of how I'd laid into him quite harshly and much too nastily. It's not how friends should treat friends and it wasn't a good moment on my part. He forgave me and this is all water under the bridge now, but I always felt like I owed him one. So seeing him at 22 just now .... eh... maybe that's part of the reason I said "fock it."

2) Make sure the number of players on your roster plus your open spots have exactly 22. I double checked all my work but please triple check to be sure.

3) I checked each team from 2016 and only one 2017 draft pick was moved from the 2016 site, that was Clerks' 3rd rounder went to Maltese Falcons. So that got processed.

4) Susie is busy with real life stuff and elsewhere in this forum has asked for help managing Twin Peaks during the draft. I recommended that she get somebody outside the league to pick for her if she can't pick for herself but never got a reply. Those four cuts made from her Twin Peaks that occurred as I was setting up the draft were cuts made by me. I'll also pick for her if need be but I'll let the timer run down a bit to give her time to get in and do them herself. It's a different situation than Shotsup seeing as she did ask for help and the evidence of the request is still sitting there.

5) 29 Guests only made one cut. Nothing wrong with that just that everyone else made at least three and we've only ever seen one other time when an owner only made one cut, when Voice of Reason did it about four years ago.

6) I used the commish magic wand to put four players on IR that aren't listed as on IR on the MFL site. In turn, with the freed up a roster spot, I award an extra draft pick to the various teams affected. (Quincy Enuwa, Julian Edelman, Spencer Ward, and Cameron Meredith). If they don't actually hit IR, we'll worry about that later. Also, if you have a player that I missed that in the same boat as these four, let me know and I'll put him on IR for you and give you an extra draft pick like I did for these four teams.

7) Clock is set for 12 hours with no turning off at night. Please use the pre-select option if you think you'll be gone for more than 12 hours.

You guys let Fournette fall? Wow! Thanks.

Hope he can swim as fast as he runs, week one in Houston.

Just read this. Thanks. I really didn't realize we had to get cuts in. I posted in another thread that I didn't then saw I had to open spots - just thought I had two open spots from last year.

I made a pick but if you want to vote that I don't get the picks it's cool.

Thanks Volty. I'm just going to try and make the picks myself. I probaby won't be a timely and efficient as in the 12 Geeks league, but I appreciate your help and understanding.

I'm so stressed out with real life stuff right now, it's not even funny. Not looking forward to the short escrow and trying to figure out where we're going to live until we find a new place.

Good times, for me... :thumbsdown:

Thanks Volty. I'm just going to try and make the picks myself. I probaby won't be a timely and efficient as in the 12 Geeks league, but I appreciate your help and understanding.

I'm so stressed out with real life stuff right now, it's not even funny. Not looking forward to the short escrow and trying to figure out where we're going to live until we find a new place.

Good times, for me... :thumbsdown:

You're not the only one with problems. On the clock now is MTSkiBum who doesn't live in Montana anymore... he lives in Houston and is in the process of attempting to evacuate. He's got a thread about it in the Geek Club on page one now. For him and for you I'll likely turn off the clock if the time is close. I'm not going to jerk him around on FF picks when his life is upside down.

Edit. "On the clock" is the wrong term seeing as I just turned the clock off. This may be a while.. If you want to follow what's up with MTSkiBum, this thread is where he'll likely update first:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=468577

Edit again: He's still posting and giving updates so that's a good sign.

I made it to a friends house. Now i have time. Hitting F5 on the internet browser trying to find updates about my house will get old quick.

I've just turned the clock back on. Here I am second guessing myself as usual considering it's 11PM stateside and will potentially expire at 5:30 AM on 29 Guests (who only has this one pick).

Rockford cut a couple of players here in round one. I think it wouldn't be right to give him back his 4th and 5th rounders, what I'll do instead is add a couple of picks at the end of the draft so he can fill up those two spots before FCFS opens up.

I don't like players cut mid-draft as it opens up potential problems if somebody good were to be dropped right into a waiting person's lap. That's not a problem with Karlos Williams or Travaris Cadet but it doesn't take much imagination to see how it could potentially be one. So anyone cut now or during FCFS is offlimits until waivers are processed after week one.

Old.maid colluding with Ski? Brian hoyer? Really??

:P

Certainly didn't expect my draft to go like this, but I'm hoping talent wins out in the end.

I feel like i've managed this team well enough in prior years to have been afforded some luxury this season. Drafting Josh Gordon in the 3rd? years back, flipping him for a haul, trading for Reed, drafting guys like Doug Martin and Jamies Winston, trading up for Zeke last year.

point is it allowed me to give up what might have been considered too much for a guy who can't stay on the field in Keenan Allen. however, Allen is still just 25/26 years old, is very talented when on the field, and it was a risk I felt I could take. I have to view him as my 2017 first round pick.

Who would I have picked at 1.09? The way the draft fell, probably the exact player who was picked, Cooper Kupp.

At 2.09, I had 3 WR's on my wish list and they were Zay Jones, Kenny Golladay and Mike Williams in order. Although Golladay may be in the best fantasy situation of the three. Zay Jones has more opportunity now but a worse QB/offense and Mike Williams just has too much competition for targets when he gets healthy. Golladay could be a combine / preseason bust or he could be on the fast track in Detroit. We shall see.

sorry, ww, i am dealing with a shitstorm here in texas.

sorry for what?

also, good luck my friend. knew, but forgot you were in Texas.

T+P's

I feel like i've managed this team well enough in prior years to have been afforded some luxury this season. Drafting Josh Gordon in the 3rd? years back, flipping him for a haul, trading for Reed, drafting guys like Doug Martin and Jamies Winston, trading up for Zeke last year.

point is it allowed me to give up what might have been considered too much for a guy who can't stay on the field in Keenan Allen. however, Allen is still just 25/26 years old, is very talented when on the field, and it was a risk I felt I could take. I have to view him as my 2017 first round pick.

Who would I have picked at 1.09? The way the draft fell, probably the exact player who was picked, Cooper Kupp.

At 2.09, I had 3 WR's on my wish list and they were Zay Jones, Kenny Golladay and Mike Williams in order. Although Golladay may be in the best fantasy situation of the three. Zay Jones has more opportunity now but a worse QB/offense and Mike Williams just has too much competition for targets when he gets healthy. Golladay could be a combine / preseason bust or he could be on the fast track in Detroit. We shall see.

It's funny, reading your thoughts on that trade, and I feel very much the same way. I feel I've built a very solid, mostly young squad, particularly at WR, making Allen a luxury to have. Since I've IRed him the last two seasons, I felt he was worth it to move up and add an extra 1st rounder. And I think it's worked out for me. I'm very satisfied with the way this draft fell to me.

And I took Kupp there because none of the RBs that I wanted fell to me, and I think he has the potential to be PPR gold where he's at building chemistry with a young QB.

Glad you're just as happy with the way it turned out. That's the way it should be. :thumbsup:

Where do you live?

I am in sugar Land.

Where do you live?

I am in sugar Land.

h-town

sorry for what?

also, good luck my friend. knew, but forgot you were in Texas.

T+P's

:cheers:

Why was my last pick skipped by the Commish? Am I missing something? :dunno:

Yes. What you're missing is an open roster spot for a 23rd player.

Since you made a two for one trade, your roster is full. You may have been nice and thrown that 4.4 pick in for free to Dr. S in the trade because he has an open spot now but he didn't ask and you didn't offer.

Yes. What you're missing is an open roster spot for a 23rd player.

Since you made a two for one trade, your roster is full. You may have been nice and thrown that 4.4 pick in for free to Dr. S in the trade because he has an open spot now but that didn't happen.

:doh: I'm an idiot. I guess that's what happens when I try and multitask.

h-town

Oh, fockity fock.

Don't I fel like an ass. And here I'd been worried about MTskibum's Hot Dog team. He's had marginal internet access. You've had none.

You know, I thought it was suspicious that you'd only made that one cut because I'd looked at your roster and saw some other players that would make for good candidates for clearing space. Then, later when you'd timed out on the draft pick, I'd thought that maybe you'd lost track of the start date and that was the problem. Fortunately, the site did right by you and gave you the next RB on my cheatsheet who should have fallen. But that was only the one pick. Since you likely would have cut more, you would have had more picks.

Had I known, I would have extended to you the same courtesy that I'd extended to skibum (and non-weather beleaguered New Yorker shotsup) and made cuts for you and frozen the draft.

Seeing as you've been screwed out of 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2017, I think we can convince the group to give you supplemental draft picks in the 2018 draft for the ones that you missed due to the storm this year and we can get you back into the 4th round this year. I'll go pull my 4th round pre-select until we get this straight... unless it's gone off.

A C0ck from a straight man ??

Fawk did I say that out loud ??