Sign in to follow this  
montana

*Revisited* - worst pick you've seen in a MONEY LEAGUE this year?

So far, it was last night.

Dude took Dak at 4.01 (31st overall).

Want the cherry on top?

Dak was the first QB taken! Yes, over ARod, Brady, Brees.

:wall:

Spencer Ware in the 8th on Sunday morning, after tearing his PCL Friday. (I got Hunt 5 picks later.)

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/912/EqvNhE.jpg

That's right.....Atlanta defense in round 3, a kicker in round 6. Last year this guy drafted two kickers.

He's actually won our league before.....been 10 years but still. He finished 4th last year. Has some weird formula he uses.

Sounds like a guy we have had who has won twice even though he is the village idiot. Like legit "kind of slow", I'm not just ragging on him. Has done things like take Boldin/flacco back to back rnd 1/2 when boldin went to the ravens. Reaches about 3 rounds for every player. Somehow has a rabbits foot and gets lucky wins all the time.

As for the topic, a guy took Lacy rnd 4 in a 10tm, that's about it.

Andy Dalton at 5.1 in a 12 team superflex. I try to model the first 5 rounds based on previous years, but I didn't quite get that one.

Spencer Ware in the 8th on Sunday morning, after tearing his PCL Friday. (I got Hunt 5 picks later.)

Hunt went in the 8th round after the news of the Ware injury 2 days earlier? The non pick of Hunt in earlier rounds by your whole league (even by you) is the winner here. Mind-boggling.

Aaron Rogers 1.04 in 12 team ppr redraft league

Bad value but guaranteed top shelf production is better than a bust you end up starting for half the year. Just sayin, it's not THAT crazy.

Andy Dalton at 5.1 in a 12 team superflex. I try to model the first 5 rounds based on previous years, but I didn't quite get that one.

Thing is about this, how many QBs were gone at that point? Normally in a superflex they are the first off the board. Nobody wants the 30th ranked QB as their QB2. And I know others will take 3 QBs to cover their bye weeks.

Bad value but guaranteed top shelf production is better than a bust you end up starting for half the year. Just sayin, it's not THAT crazy.

Yup. Could've been had in the third round

Neighbor of mine is in an 8-man, 1 keeper league. He kept Dak over L Bell. His justification was, "without Elliott, they're going to have to throw a lot." Facepalm!!!

Thing is about this, how many QBs were gone at that point? Normally in a superflex they are the first off the board. Nobody wants the 30th ranked QB as their QB2. And I know others will take 3 QBs to cover their bye weeks.

You are correct, QBs go quickly in this league. However, to put it in perspective, the next 3 QBs to go off the board were Luck, Carr, and Mariota

12 team ppr league the guy who went to back to back championships the last 2 years took Ty Montgomery with the 9th overall pick. His overall draft was not great

interesting ones...

Zeke at 12 (same owner that took Bell in the 2nd last year before his suspension...he didn't make playoffs)

Hunt at 24 (I was prepared to take him at 30, but even I was surprised by that)

Crowder at 48

D Parker at 51 (me, but I really really wanted him)

T Coleman at 53

Jameis at 55 (R Wilson still on the board, that I got at 70)

Derrick Henry at 63 (Murray owner too)

Randall Cobb at 79

Derek Carr at 80 (Mariotta, Cam & Big Ben still on the board)

Robby Anderson at 92

Stafford at 104

Brian Hoyer

You are correct, QBs go quickly in this league. However, to put it in perspective, the next 3 QBs to go off the board were Luck, Carr, and Mariota

Luck who knows, Carr/Dalton are like 14/15th QB's, Mariota is the only head scratcher to me

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Crazy? Yes.

But worst pick in a money league? The words "worst pick" and Aaron Rodgers can never be used in the same sentence lol. Does not compute.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Crazy? Yes.

But worst pick in a money league? The words "worst pick" and Aaron Rodgers can never be used in the same sentence lol. Does not compute.

If my worst first round picks over the years had been a guaranteed top 3 qb I would be stoked. Played since 99 and can count on one hand the number of first round RBs I've drafted that haven't been complete busts.

We have contracts for some players and just had an auction draft where a guy kept Cobb from GB for 16% of cap. He had the option to drop him prior to the draft but didn't. He could have gotten him for probably 6% of cap in the league. So bad...

I noticed someone mentioned Atlanta D being taken way too early. Same thing happened in our league- 9th round though.... but still they were first D taken and I did t even have them on my D list. Any ideas?

Aaron Rogers 1.04 in 12 team ppr redraft league

I have certainly seen worse picks. While Rodgers at 1.04 seems overvalued, many of the other ones on this thread are far worse.

Perine at 5.7

I have seen some draft lists (yes people pay for these) where they have perine high enough that this would be where you would draft him.

Not saying I agree, but there's worse out there.

I doubt anyone tops this.... Edleman at 2.4 and 10 minutes before blowing out his knee.

We had someone take him 2.08 20 minutes AFTER blowing out his knee. And we were all watching the game at the time. Dude was nose deep in spreadsheets, not paying attention, and thought we were just teasing him when we all laughed and said he was carted off with a knee. About an hour later it was confirmed, and he lost his 2nd round pick :)

We had someone take him 2.08 20 minutes AFTER blowing out his knee. And we were all watching the game at the time. Dude was nose deep in spreadsheets, not paying attention, and thought we were just teasing him when we all laughed and said he was carted off with a knee. About an hour later it was confirmed, and he lost his 2nd round pick :)

LOL, ouch. One of those moments where the Commish is thinking "Do I say 'Are you sure?" And the other owners are thinking "Dammit Commish, don't you say a damn thing!"

12 man league and we draft head coaches(have to carry two,start one,they get a 5pt bonus if their team wins) last night one of our owners took Todd Bowles.

12 man league and we draft head coaches(have to carry two,start one,they get a 5pt bonus if their team wins) last night one of our owners took Todd Bowles.

In his defense, a lot of people are insane.

Well, the picks weren't terrible by themselves, but a guy in our league took Arodge, AND Brady... we don't start 2 qbs... the rest of his team is garbage

I'm in a 12-team PPR league, and we needed a 12th person. So .. my FWB joined up. She bought a used laptop the DAY BEFORE