Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Guess im going to be "that guy"

I know it's a free league and all but Im not sure I understand what is going on with this draft. Or, more accurately, with the rosters.

As far as I know, we were supposed to get players OFF injured reserve and back as part of our 22 man rosters, then make cuts and draft until we were back at 22.

Why are some teams being allowed to have players on their injured reserve during the draft process? And why are some of these players not even officially on injured reserve?

Looks to me like 6 teams are in violation and Pulp Fiction is actually now OVER the roster limit.

ROSTER SIZE AND CUTS: Roster size is 22. We have two IR spots. If your player is placed on IR by his NFL team, he's eligible for IR in our league. If he comes off of IR in-season, you must make room on your roster for him within a week or else lose him. During the off-season, rosters cannot exceed 22 players so any player placed on IR must be returned to the regular lineup within a week after our league's season ends or else that player will get cut. Prior to each year's rookie/free agent draft, owners can cut any amount of players they see fit. The number of cuts an owner makes will determine how many rounds that owner will draft. Players may not be placed on CCDL IR prior to the completion of the anual rookie/FA draft.

Why did I draw up bylaws? :dunno:

I apologize, I asked Voltaire if that was the case and he responded "That's wrong. I'll try to fix that if not manually override it with the commish magic wand." I was just following his lead but will gladly release a player if necessary.

Don't need to release anyone necessarily unless you are over 22 including the IR

I can release a player, but Volty has stated in another thread that we could IR people prior to the start of the draft. He even stated that he moved 4 players for teams to IR for them so that they could draft replacements for them. That's all I did.

I already know the first cut that I'm making at the end of the season to make room for Tannehill unless this player lights it up this year, so in an cut him. I was just following what Volty had already said.

That was different from what I remembered, but I thought it had been changed. For what it's worth, I think you should be able to IR people before the draft if they suffer a season-ending injury. But that's just my own opinion and two cents.

I'm not blaming any owners... or anyone really.

I saw voltys post but I don't understand. There are clear bylaws stating

1. A player needs to be designated as IR by their NFL team to qualify

2. IR is not useable during the draft

We have 6 teams making use of IR and a lot of them are players with an "out" designation to boot.

The biggest issue being that there could have been teams who cut players who could have gone IR using an "out" designation. Maybe not but it just seems weird to arbitrarily put players on IR when there are specific rules and all

I'm with WW. These players need to get cut. I had to part ways with Bridgewater before the draft meanwhile everyone else is utilizing their IR. Also owners that violated should immediately be moved to the bottom of the waiver wire for Week 1.

I'm with WW. These players need to get cut. I had to part ways with Bridgewater before the draft meanwhile everyone else is utilizing their IR. Also owners that violated should immediately be moved to the bottom of the waiver wire for Week 1.

I understand your frustration. I disagree with your statement simply because I did nothing more than follow what the commissioner stated we could do. I shouldn't be penalized for doing that.

That being said, all Volty has to do is say so, and my intended guy will be cut. And I won't take a WW pickup the first week. I don't care, I don't need it. It doesn't matter to me.

But I will reiterate that I shouldn't be penalized for following the guidance of the commissioner.

I used commish override to put these four players on IR seeing as it's just NFL paperwork legal technicality BS that they've not yet been designated as such. Here's a really well written explanation out of Chicagoland for how the process works and why players like these four won't hit IR until Saturday: https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2017/8/29/16221826/chicago-bears-nfl-waiver-rules-weird-waived-injured-reserve-released-cut-pre-season-53-man-roster

If we held the draft after Saturday, the problem goes away by itself. But we don't have enough time to start a slow draft after Saturday so we have to make due.

Rest assured they're all done for the season except possibly Ware who despite having a torn PCL, still has a slim chance of being IR(return) designated. Which, even so, still makes him IR eligible anyway.

Edelman: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2017-outlook-julian-edelman/

Enuwa: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20485439/a-guide-james-harrison-insane-workouts-five-wacky-gifs-2017-nfl-pittsburgh-steelers

Meredith: https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2017/8/30/16227302/good-news-for-injured-chicago-bears-wide-receiver-cameron-meredith-acl-mcl-injury-report-ir

Ware: https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-news-spencer-ware-expected-to-miss-entire-2017-season-with-torn-pcl/

Oh, sh*t. I suppose I should read the OP to conclusion before commenting....

First a side note diversion: we'd expanded IR from two slots to -I believe- four ... that's not the germane part though.

Nor is it that these four guys are headed for IR as I just posted.

The germane part is the part in red. Oops. I'd not read that. I guess we have a problem.

We'd not had IR when the league started. We added it later. It was at first two, now it's at four. When we'd expanded it, I don't know that this part was really ever addressed so I'd done with it what I thought made the most sense which normally coincides with the bylaws but in this case didn't..

Well, what should we do then?

We have never allowed people to utilize IR during the draft in the past. Shouldn't be using it now. The discussion on IR or OUT designation is moot.

The bylaws have been there since year 2 so it doesn't matter if we have expanded IR or not. It's never been utilized during the draft.

It seems like we are making random wave of the wand decisions without simply checking the stated rules.

The easiest solution is that anyone who currently has a player on IR, takes them off IR and proceeds to draft until at 22.

We have never allowed people to utilize IR during the draft in the past. Shouldn't be using it now. The discussion on IR or OUT designation is moot.

The bylaws have been there since year 2 so it doesn't matter if we have expanded IR or not. It's never been utilized during the draft.

It seems like we are making random wave of the wand decisions without simply checking the stated rules.

The easiest solution is that anyone who currently has a player on IR, takes them off IR and proceeds to draft until at 22.

I posted another thread to talk about this and merge it with 29 Guests' problem. Really, I'd thought it would be impossible to do since so many teams are done drafting but I was quite shocked to find out that we'd lucked out and it's not impossible after all.

Teams affected are my own (Maltese Falcons), Clerks, Victor Victoria, and Dr. Strangelove and they all still have open roster spots.

Speaking for myself, it means I'll have to find my kicker in FCFS is all. Not a big deal.

I posted another thread to talk about this and merge it with 29 Guests' problem. Really, I'd thought it would be impossible to do since so many teams are done drafting but I was quite shocked to find out that we'd lucked out and it's not impossible after all.

Teams affected are my own (Maltese Falcons), Clerks, Victor Victoria, and Dr. Strangelove and they all still have open roster spots.

Speaking for myself, it means I'll have to find my kicker in FCFS is all. Not a big deal.

I didn't even realize Meredith was on my IR haha. :doh:

Let me know what to do. I will reactivate him from IR now if need be. But need to know tonight my pick is coming up shortly.

again, its a free league so if no one cares then I am good to just go with the flow.

im just stating that this has never been allowed in the past, let alone allowing guys who are "out" to be designated for IR.

we should not let it happen in the future unless the bylaws are changed and its very simple to look at the bylaws for how to proceed on almost all matters.

I understand that some people may feel that if their player gets put on IR "during" out draft, they should be able to send him to IR and free up another draft spot but thats really not the rule and is unfair to those of us who may have cut a player we could have otherwise kept on IR (such as 90sbaby example with Teddy B)

I just dropped a kicker. I had actually already dropped the other player I had intended to and forgotten about it. :doh:

My roster is at 21+Tannehill on IR, so I'm at 22 total.

I highly doubt my kicker would've made a difference to anyone, so it didn't affect the draft.

Too much drama. I quit this league.

Can't we all just get along

Too much drama. I quit this league.

Can't we all just get along

For those not familiar with shotsup's weird mental disorder type of humor, one thing that Shotsup likes to do is post that he's quiting the league.

He does this a lot. He does it every year. He did it again today.

Also, along these same lines, every time a team open up he offers to give up his team and take over it over.

It'll be impossible to know when shotsup actually ever quits the league because he's already posted these things over a dozen time. I may be wrong, but my working assumption as should be everyone else's, is that shotsup will not ever quit the league.

Just ignore this.

I didn't place Edelman on IR, as Voltaire mentioned, he did that with 4 players as the Commish.

While of course I'll take the extra roster spot, I'm fine with waiting until the draft is over, moving him there, and picking up someone on Free Agents. I'm good either way.