Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Owning two position players from same team

I'm sure this has been discussed before (and yes it's very situation depending based on which team they play for and on your own fantasy roster), but in general- would owning a running back and a tight end, or running back and wide receiver (what I'm mostly interested in) from the same team push you towards another player of relatively equal value during a draft ?

I say relatively meaning within 3-4 spots of ADP or your own rankings, and assuming the one you honestly think will be better is the one whose teammate you also own.

Of course certain teams will spread it out more (ex- cooks and gronk), so more asking for teams where than answer isn't so obvious (ex- fournette/Robinson, Tate/Abdullah, Benjamin/mccaffrey, miller/Hopkins, etc). Also wondering more for ppr rather than standard.

I would go no more than 2. Ideally many look for the "hook up" of the QB/WR.....but getting top players at the position - even if on the same team - is OK by me. Sure your team could get shutout in points scored, but you two studs could each crack a 100 yards and catch 10 balls between them.

Don't go over two though.

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=468846

Not by design but I have Winston, Evans, & Dougie in a $ league.

I normally don't try to "stack" but their value was right so oh well.

I am stuck with 3. McCaffrey, Olsen and Cam. Didn't want Cam but he fell to 10th round in a 12 team league.

May try to move one. 2 from same team I am OK with

I dominated with Jordy, Cobb and Rodgers one year. It cost me in the playoffs though as they played a strong Buffalo defense in snow storm.

I was really good with Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate in 2014.

This year I have Cousins, Pryor and Crowder in one league and feel great about it. One of the WRs is likely to disappoint but the other is going to be a stud. If Cousins has another big year, they could both be great and I'll cruise to the playoffs. And it was a fairly cheap strategy through the draft. Pryor was a bit pricey but only after I landed my top studs.

I dominated with Jordy, Cobb and Rodgers one year. It cost me in the playoffs though as they played a strong Buffalo defense in snow storm.

I was really good with Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate in 2014.

This year I have Cousins, Pryor and Crowder in one league and feel great about it. One of the WRs is likely to disappoint but the other is going to be a stud. If Cousins has another big year, they could both be great and I'll cruise to the playoffs. And it was a fairly cheap strategy through the draft. Pryor was a bit pricey but only after I landed my top studs.

I am concerned I have mccaffrey and Benjamin.

An RB and someone in the passing game, or the QB and RB/WR/TE, is usually a safer option than two receivers (WR or TE) from the same team--there's only so much of the air game to go around, right? A guy in one league is starting Jordy and Adams in two of his three WR spots. I'd try to move Adams if I was him. Both of them won't likely have big performances.

in 2012, in a ppr league 12 team. I drafted romo, bryant,and miles austin and it wasn't that good. So maybe 2 would be the most

Here's a crazy idea that might not be too crazy... my RB situation in my $ PPR league is very weak... so I'm starting Demarco Murray, Derrick Henry, and Marcos Mariota some weeks, especially week 1. By the way, I have Brees and I'm sitting him against Minnesota.

Did I spell Marcos Mariota's name wrong? Sorry, I'm Filipino. LOL

Would you guys rather have Benjamin/mccaffrey combo or a Baldwin/jimmy graham combo? I assume the rb/wr less worrisome even though Baldwin is the higher rated player over Benjamin.

Good topic. :thumbsup:

Like some of you, I was kinda drunk on draft night.

Got Bell in the 3 hole and come later in the draft picked up Martavis Bryant over a few others just cause I really liked him this year.

Totally forgot that I already had Bell :wall:

Meh..The feelers are out and I'm gonna trade him for either Keenan or Tyreek.

In answer to the question at hand, I do NOT want a RB and WR on the same team.

Obviously a QB and a WR is fine, but not a QB and RB on the same team either.

Here's a crazy idea that might not be too crazy... my RB situation in my $ PPR league is very weak... so I'm starting Demarco Murray, Derrick Henry, and Marcos Mariota some weeks, especially week 1. By the way, I have Brees and I'm sitting him against Minnesota.

Did I spell Marcos Mariota's name wrong? Sorry, I'm Filipino. LOL

Get off my lawn :mad:

Also, Filipino girls are incredibly beautiful .

Also, also, Good luck with week 1 :thumbsup:

I've done it. it honestly had it's ups and downs.

I truly think if you are gonna do it, you want the offense to be ELITE.

If it's not an offense in the top 5 or 6 of the league, you probably shouldnt be doing it.

An underrated technique is the old Qb/K combo. I'd the drive stalls out you stil get 3, score a to get a bonus point. I guess technically it works with every other offensive player but feels like it works better with qb/k.

In the early days I had Brooks and Freeman for the Packers and that worked very well. I agree w/ elite offenses only (Patriots, Packers, Atlanta, Oakland, and maybe Tennessee this year)

qb/rb combo can work out well if you have the right combo, years ago i had mcnabb and westbrook, we get double pts for tds over 50 yrds, that year alot of games it would be a 50+ td screen pass so 4 tds in one play plus yardage. this year i have big ben and bell hoping for similar results. also have zeke and Beasley but somewhat of a different situation there.

Would you guys rather have Benjamin/mccaffrey combo or a Baldwin/jimmy graham combo? I assume the rb/wr less worrisome even though Baldwin is the higher rated player over Benjamin.

Very good question, and a tough one to answer.

I'm going with the thought that it's a ppr?

Give me Baldwin/Graham, but it's close.

I think K Benjamin could have a outstanding season.

Very good question, and a tough one to answer.

I'm going with the thought that it's a ppr?

Give me Baldwin/Graham, but it's close.

I think K Benjamin could have a outstanding season.

Ended up getting a great deal on Baldwin so now have Baldwin/graham/Wilson, as well as mccaffrey/Benjamin lol. Can only start three wr and already have Evans/Jordy, so big kelvin will likely be on bench. Should deal him for a rb as that's crazy wr depth and unnecessary lolol but couldn't turn down dougie B.

Congrats on the deal.