Sign in to follow this  
rrmcguire

Best waiver pickup

The anger is real with this guy. I'd say there's a lot of blame to go around for the downfall of society, but I agree the first people to blame are the ones that don't follow football close enough to know every potential impact players name.

To be fair, I think he said the downfall of society is to be blamed on people who don't read forum threads closely enough. It's a subtle point, and perhaps our discussion here is only furthering our own descent into a Nero's Rome sort of scenario. Next week we'll be reading that Jonny Manziel has married his horse, and the next thing you know--Vandals.

I read an article last week (maybe here, don't recall), that said Week 1 is the most important waiver week. Roles are are much better defined. Made sense to me, but if you've read this whole thread...I'm not too smart. I guess you could say i DID NOT pass with flying carpets.

didn't read that but I kinda agree. I try to use week one FA as a bonus round and will go hard if there is someone I feels justify burning the pick or FAAB. I was lucky and drafted cohen in one of my two leagues and galloday in both so I might sit tight and wait... Or maybe look for someone else to improve with.

To be fair, I think he said the downfall of society is to be blamed on people who don't read forum threads closely enough. It's a subtle point, and perhaps our discussion here is only furthering our own descent into a Nero's Rome sort of scenario. Next week we'll be reading that Jonny Manziel has married his horse, and the next thing you know--Vandals.

I guess I didn't read it close enough.....

Only RB I'd consider after Cohen and Carson is the 49ers b/u Breidda or whatever his name is.

His name is in the post. Not to mention the names of several other players on the SAME TEAM! You hand fed, stupid, lazy millennial snowflakes truly are the downfall of society.

:lol:

I don't know.. Cohen has the look of a guy who came out big week 1 and everyone bids the house on him and then he ends up a "Sproles-Type" player - the dynamic pass catching RB who will have big weeks, but also plenty of duds. I guess CHI will be playing from behind a lot this year which means he should continue to get lots of looks out of the backfield from Glennon, so he's certainly worth adding, but just concerned he'll be bid on like a potential #1 RB when he may end up high upside RB2-3 type. I personally am thinking of trying to trade for Howard, assuming the owner may be panicking.

I don't know.. Cohen has the look of a guy who came out big week 1 and everyone bids the house on him and then he ends up a "Sproles-Type" player - the dynamic pass catching RB who will have big weeks, but also plenty of duds. I guess CHI will be playing from behind a lot this year which means he should continue to get lots of looks out of the backfield from Glennon, so he's certainly worth adding, but just concerned he'll be bid on like a potential #1 RB when he may end up high upside RB2-3 type. I personally am thinking of trying to trade for Howard, assuming the owner may be panicking.

He clearly shouldn't be bid on like an RB1. But getting a Sproles from 5 or 6 years ago as a plug and play guy? 1300 yds and 9 tds (Sproles, not necessarily a prediction for Cohen)? I'll take that.

• Like 1

He clearly shouldn't be bid on like an RB1. But getting a Sproles from 5 or 6 years ago as a plug and play guy? 1300 yds and 9 tds (Sproles, not necessarily a prediction for Cohen)? I'll take that.

yeah I think we need to keep these distinct between waiver priority and FAAB dollars.

I wouldn't bid RB1 money for him in FAAB, but I'd use #1 waiver priority if that's how your league does waivers.

I agree. It just hurts to think I'll probably need to bid 30-40% of my FA money to get him, and I'm a DJ owner! I'd rather bid less and get Carson or try and trade for Howard. Then again, Cohen could blow up and I'll feel like an azz.

yeah I think we need to keep these distinct between waiver priority and FAAB dollars.

I wouldn't bid RB1 money for him in FAAB, but I'd use #1 waiver priority if that's how your league does waivers.

I agree. It just hurts to think I'll probably need to bid 30-40% of my FA money to get him, and I'm a DJ owner! I'd rather bid less and get Carson or try and trade for Howard. Then again, Cohen could blow up and I'll feel like an azz.

Agree with both of you. Rolling waivers, it seems like the obvious choice this week. Unless you're in need of a WR, then maybe a Kupp or Golladay. But even if you're not in need, a waiver claim on Cohen in a rolling system makes sense.

Bidding with FA$? I have little experience there. But it's not like Elliott went down and you're going for DMC.

So, if you are looking at 35% for Cohen.......what percent would you be looking at for Carson?

What is everyone's thought on Charles Clay? He had 9 targets. I took Ebron very late in my draft and I'm running out of patience for him after trying him out a few times last year as well.

LOL. I think a lot of us here are very Kantian about fantasy football. We don't bother with empirical data, we just sit back and determine a priori who's the better waiver pickup.

Chaos is order. Lockstep pattern in fantasy footballers. We all think we have the answer and the rules to that answer, so we are in essence creating our perfect order out of the chaos we are actually taking part in. Unfortunately in the end, this then will expose the randomness that is the reality of it all. Hence, the football year will end in confusion of what we did and what happened, and then we repeat the following year. Over and over again.

"Come play with us Danny, for ever and ever and ever...."

I think the best pickups will be, depending on your need and league scoring:

RB Cohen (electric PPR option)

RB K Williams (won't be Johnson, but he's better than nothing)

WR Golladay (big, TD machine)

WR M Lee (more talented than Hurns and likely the lead WR now)

WR K Wright (the only WR left?)

RB Cason (still a huge RBBC with a bad OL)

Clay has never been sustainable. Few TEs are. I too have liked Ebron, but he's on his deathbed with me.

Look at James in Pittsburgh. I don't know where that came from, but he had a ton of catches and TDs.

I'm an ow

So, if you are looking at 35% for Cohen.......what percent would you be looking at for Carson?

I am a johnson owner and the rest of my running backs are perkins, abdullah, james conner,vereen and rodgers. I have an 1000 fa budget. How much would you use to get cohen or williams(ari)

I'm an ow

I am a johnson owner and the rest of my running backs are perkins, abdullah, james conner,vereen and rodgers. I have an 1000 fa budget. How much would you use to get cohen or williams(ari)

I would try to get both if possible. Your rbs are rough

Going M Mack in ppr...Cohen drafted and Carson picked up before the season started. Even with the ppr I'm not touching the Cards backfield. If Cohen was available he'd be my first choice. Too many receiving options in Det for me to take a flier on Golladay.

Chaos is order. Lockstep pattern in fantasy footballers. We all think we have the answer and the rules to that answer, so we are in essence creating our perfect order out of the chaos we are actually taking part in. Unfortunately in the end, this then will expose the randomness that is the reality of it all. Hence, the football year will end in confusion of what we did and what happened, and then we repeat the following year. Over and over again.

"Come play with us Danny, for ever and ever and ever...."

Ooh. Eternal Fantasy Football Recurrence! The eternal hourglass of the fantasy season is turned over again and again—and you with it, speck of dust!

• Like 1

Ooh. Eternal Fantasy Football Recurrence! The eternal hourglass of the fantasy season is turned over again and againand you with it, speck of dust!

Yep. History repeats itself and every person's actions is proof of this. Dust to dust.

Now nicknames that most don't even know are abbreviated as initials. I have troubles knowing who is being talked about when just the last name of a player is used.

Now nicknames that most don't even know are abbreviated as initials. I have troubles knowing who is being talked about when just the last name of a player is used.

You totally should pick up Johnson.

And Williams, he's a baller.

• Like 1

You totally should pick up Johnson.

And Williams, he's a baller.

Johnson and Williams are already rostered in any competitive leagues.

Clay has never been sustainable. Few TEs are. I too have liked Ebron, but he's on his deathbed with me.

Look at James in Pittsburgh. I don't know where that came from, but he had a ton of catches and TDs.

Charles Clay is not Jessie James. Clay has scored 6 TDs in his last 6 games and averaged 8 targets per game over that time. Clay is likely the 1a or 1b receiving option on that team at this point and that is a rare situation.

• Like 1