Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Hunter Henry a glorified tackle?

Unbelievable another week of ignoring a great weapon.

I stuck him in. Is he impossible to start now? What is going on there? Allen I think has to be the problem. Hes the new weapon. Guess he's taking all those targets.

Thanks HH for the goose egg. So I now have 3 pts from the TE position ALL SEASON. Olsen week 1, Clay week 2, and HH week 3. I'm about to lose my mind.

How a guy can go from 800+ yards and 8 tds the previous year to not being targeted at all 2/3 games is mind-boggling. Every year the stupidity of offensive coordinators increases, which I didn't think was possible.

Next week I have no idea what to do. Henry's matchup is great, but can you really start a guy that hasn't been involved in the offense AT ALL for 2 games? Do you drop him? I also have Fleener, and Clay is on the WW. I almost want to just not start a TE so at least I'll know ahead of time that I'm going to get nothing from that position instead of being disappointed every week.

I stuck him in. Is he impossible to start now? What is going on there? Allen I think has to be the problem. Hes the new weapon. Guess he's taking all those targets.

That's it. Too many mouths to feed for this offense.

Thanks HH for the goose egg. So I now have 3 pts from the TE position ALL SEASON. Olsen week 1, Clay week 2, and HH week 3. I'm about to lose my mind.

How a guy can go from 800+ yards and 8 tds the previous year to not being targeted at all 2/3 games is mind-boggling. Every year the stupidity of offensive coordinators increases, which I didn't think was possible.

Next week I have no idea what to do. Henry's matchup is great, but can you really start a guy that hasn't been involved in the offense AT ALL for 2 games? Do you drop him? I also have Fleener, and Clay is on the WW. I almost want to just not start a TE so at least I'll know ahead of time that I'm going to get nothing from that position instead of being disappointed every week.

Obviously you have angered the FF gods somehow. Get down on both knees and pray for redemption....then start making offers for another TE. :Mr-T:

Rivers scored a mighty 3 points for me heck with the te, right now he Rivers isn't looking all that good.

so, what is the consensus here? i don't want to knee jerk but, in my shorter bench dynasty i can't afford a te that doesn't get targets and can't afford to carry 2 te's...

is it just clear at this point that sometimes he'll be a part of the game plan and other times he won't?

so, what is the consensus here? i don't want to knee jerk but, in my shorter bench dynasty i can't afford a te that doesn't get targets and can't afford to carry 2 te's...

is it just clear at this point that sometimes he'll be a part of the game plan and other times he won't?

Who knows. I don't. I can handle zero catches. But 2 games without a target bookending a solid performance. No targets!!!!????

I'm waiting for Allen to get hurt and then putting him back in.

Is Clay or Griffin a better replacement for Henry? Clay has been decent so far, but Houston also used their TEs a lot last year.

I just gotta say, thank god I have Jordan Reed. At least I was able to handcuff him with a top 5 TE in Vernon Davis

I told someone previously that I wish I had drafted Reed now bc then I would have picked up Davis, who is a really solid fill in for him. Now I'm stuck streaming.

Is anyone holding HH? I feel like the second I drop him he's going to be part of the offense again. Then again I really need to make room for some WW pickups.

Is anyone holding HH? I feel like the second I drop him he's going to be part of the offense again. Then again I really need to make room for some WW pickups.

its game dependent I guess, its hard to own him though, let someone else deal with the headache, grab like Clay, at least you know hes the no 1 target

its game dependent I guess, its hard to own him though, let someone else deal with the headache, grab like Clay, at least you know hes the no 1 target

I dropped Henry and Fleener for Clay and Griffin.

Henry is a huge headache especially if you have any injuries elsewhere.

I had Henry and Engram in one league. Dropped Henry for Clay. Engrams upside is likely as good as Henrys at this point unless the Chargers lose some weapons. Im considering trading Martin + a TE to the David Johnson owner for Gronk since I also have Gordon/Cook/Murray/Henry/Stewart at RB.

In my other league I had Henry and Eifert. Also picked up Engram in that league since you cant start Henry right now...I dont think Ive ever considered having 3 TEs but the rest of that squad is pretty solid so I can hold and see if one of them pops (or in Eiferts case, pops another muscle/ligament).

Its a good argument for taking a good TE earlier.

Henry is a huge headache especially if you have any injuries elsewhere.

I had Henry and Engram in one league. Dropped Henry for Clay. Engrams upside is likely as good as Henrys at this point unless the Chargers lose some weapons. Im considering trading Martin + a TE to the David Johnson owner for Gronk since I also have Gordon/Cook/Murray/Henry/Stewart at RB.

In my other league I had Henry and Eifert. Also picked up Engram in that league since you cant start Henry right now...I dont think Ive ever considered having 3 TEs but the rest of that squad is pretty solid so I can hold and see if one of them pops (or in Eiferts case, pops another muscle/ligament).

Its a good argument for taking a good TE earlier.

Earlier? More like way later.

Earlier? More like way later.

Either way I suppose. If you pick right early its a done deal for the whole season. Wasting an 8/9 pick on someone whos worthless is always a bummer. You can pick late

and use a shotgun + free agent approach but theres always a good chance of not finding anyone useful. As always, no matter where you pick a player, you just have to pick right. Its that easy! :P

Either way I suppose. If you pick right early its a done deal for the whole season. Wasting an 8/9 pick on someone whos worthless is always a bummer. You can pick late

and use a shotgun + free agent approach but theres always a good chance of not finding anyone useful. As always, no matter where you pick a player, you just have to pick right. Its that easy! :P

Like any position, if you guess wrong for an early pick it can be a big blow. The good thing with picking poorly later, especially with a TE, is that there are usually a decent amount of options not rostered to try and pick up within the first few weeks.