Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Alejandro Villanueva has top-selling jersey in NFL

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/25/news/companies/alejandro-villanueva-jersey-sales-steelers/index.html

It's the top seller in the league after the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle broke with his team and walked out of the tunnel for the national anthem.
The Steelers had decided as a group to stay in the locker room. They were one of three teams to sit out the anthem after President Trump said NFL owners should fire players joining the protest. Trump referred to a player who disrespects the flag as a "son of a ######."
On Monday, Villanueva's No. 78 jersey was outselling big names like Marshawn Lynch and Aaron Rodgers on the NFL Shop.
Villanueva was a captain and an Army Ranger who served three tours in Afghanistan and received several medals for his service, including the Bronze Star.

:pointstosky:

• Like 1

Just read AV thoughts on police shootings and racial injustice. Fock him too.

Just read AV thoughts on police shootings and racial injustice. Fock him too.

who's AV?

who's AV?

wow :wacko:

Alejandro Villanueva

What happened?

Last year he said he would gladly work with Kaepernick about police brutality and how unfair minorities are treated in this country, blah blah.

Last year he said he would gladly work with Kaepernick about police brutality and how unfair minorities are treated in this country, blah blah.

That's true, they are.

I fine the most productive way for me to espouse my particular set of beliefs is to wear the jersey of somebody who has similar beliefs or thereabouts.

Just proves that the world would be a better place if Desmond Tutu had played Sports.

Maybe he got sucked into that early on but has come to the realization its all bs and has had a change of heart? But if not yeah rock him.

What's wrong with this? How much time has he put in working with Kaepernick? I'm willing to bet 0. Why? Because one of, or both of, the following is/are true:

1) Kaepernick isn't doing anything about it. This was all just a ploy to grab attention because he was no longer the starting QB.

2) There is nothing to do.

What's wrong with this? How much time has he put in working with Kaepernick? I'm willing to bet 0. Why? Because one of, or both of, the following is/are true:

1) Kaepernick isn't doing anything about it. This was all just a ploy to grab attention because he was no longer the starting QB.

2) There is nothing to do.

To me he was having his cake and eating it too. And if you think minorities are the only ones treated unfairly in our country then you don't know any poor white people. Their schools suck too and they know the local cops by name, and not because their kids are in little league together.

To me he was having his cake and eating it too. And if you think minorities are the only ones treated unfairly in our country then you don't know any poor white people. Their schools suck too and they know the local cops by name, and not because their kids are in little league together.

Probably true. I look at it from his perspective and he's trying not to ruffle feathers. He knew it was BS, as does virtually everyone in this country.

Hmmmmm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/25/alejandro-villanueva-i-threw-my-teammates-under-the-bus-unintentionally/

Villanueva, who served in the United States Army, said that he spoke to Ben Roethlisberger on Saturday night after the team came to a decision about their plan for Sunday and asked if he could stand at the front of the team so he could see what was happening on the field. He said he walked to a point where he could see the flag on the field, but wound up too far in front of his teammates and didnt want to walk back to the team during the song.

Villanueva said he did not want to give the impression that the team was not unified and said several times that it was my fault only that things didnt go off as planned.

Unfortunately I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally, Villanueva said in a video from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Pittsburgh radio said they lost because of the drama... made a ton of excuses and yadda yadda etc...

Goid thing the team didnt play at home... living near pittsburgh.. facebook was off the hook.

Guys walkin out of steeler bars that are usually packed... damn it was on

Unfortunately I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” Villanueva said. “Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself I feel embarrassed.”

Kaepernick' jersey was the top seller for awhile after he kneeled and said why.

Hot button issue. Be the standout guy on a side of it and you've get the fringe element to yourself for a short window.

I have a feeling a lot of people willl be canceling their orders.

I'm not a Kaep guy, but he did donate $1m to related causes. But people don't like him, so it doesn't count I guess.

I'm not a Kaep guy, but he did donate $1m to related causes. But people don't like him, so it doesn't count I guess.

if you complain about things, but can't get off your ass to go vote, you truly don't count, no matter how much money you allegedly give

if you complain about things, but can't get off your ass to go vote, you truly don't count, no matter how much money you allegedly give

I agree he lost cred with not voting. But I also feel $1 million in donations makes a bigger difference that 1 vote.

That said, even if he had voted, people would find another item to discredit him with. It's our nature. If we agree with you, none of the horrible things you do really matter. If we disagree with you, any one thing will be used to claim you don't count.

Shhhh! Stop saying that out loud, dumbass!

(smacks RHR upside the head)

Kaepernick, you're right, the system is rigged. Don't vote. It's a waste of time. Make sure all the people who support you know your stance on voting.

• Like 2

Pittsburgh radio said they lost because of the drama... made a ton of excuses and yadda yadda etc...

Pittsburgh teams never lose, it is always something else... They have excuses for everything...

Really sad that he is embarrassed from doing the right thing...

I know, this sucks, I just went and plugged the guy in as my new avatar and now am having second thoughts already.

Really sad that he is embarrassed from doing the right thing...

He felt he put his coach in a bad spot. In reality Tomlin put himself there and his team there.

This is a great example of Political Correctness. Same with Jerry Jones. Neither can do what they really feel (simply stand for the National Anthem) or else they will feel the scorn of TWITTER!@#! And be labeled a RACIST if they don't conform!

So they try and walk a tight line between being authentic but politically correct. They are trying to pick up a turd all while telling us they did so by the clean end.

• Like 1

This is a great example of Political Correctness. Same with Jerry Jones. Neither can do what they really feel (simply stand for the National Anthem) or else they will feel the scorn of TWITTER!@#! And be labeled a RACIST if they don't conform!

So they try and walk a tight line between being authentic but politically correct. They are trying to pick up a turd all while telling us they did so by the clean end.

The PC movement exposed as facism supported by extortion. Time to take the NFL's antitrust status away.

Think Jerry would have pulled that stunt in Dallas? Probably, but he would have heard it I'm

Thinking.

So, turn the table the other way. The players can't do what they really feel (kneel in unified protest) or else they will feel the scorn of TWITTER!@#! and POTUS. The difference is that you feel that one is right and the other is wrong.

Think Jerry would have pulled that stunt in Dallas? Probably, but he would have heard it I'm

Thinking.

If Jerry does something in front of a camera, he does it at 150% intensity.

People are really showing the NFL by buying those jerseys. :thumbsup:

They're making money off of each sale you mean. But those are angry customers. t'll be interesting to see where attendance and viewership goes from here.

This is a great example of Political Correctness.

It is. Hard to believe these PC snowflakes are getting so butt-hurt just because a few dudes choose not to stand for the national anthem. :thumbsup:

So, turn the table the other way. The players can't do what they really feel (kneel in unified protest) or else they will feel the scorn of TWITTER!@#! and POTUS. The difference is that you feel that one is right and the other is wrong.

thread dun

I love it when millionaire minority celebs and athletes lecture us on inequality.

Right..like when that twat Tomi went on her rant telling Kaep to shut up and get out of the country. All the conservatives liked that.

They're making money off of each sale you mean. But those are angry customers. t'll be interesting to see where attendance and viewership goes from here.

You mean the casual viewers who normally don’t watch but now will because this stuff is in their Facebook feeds? It’s gonna go up, up, up.