Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Cowboys at Cardinals: In-Game Discussion/Tilting

Apologies guys. There was an issue with the original game thread so I've created a new one.

Inactives:

Cowboys: QB Cooper Rush, RB Darren McFadden, CB Nolan Carroll, CB Chidobe Awuzie, LB Anthony Hitchens, OL Jonathan Cooper, DL Charles Tapper

Cardinals: QB Blaine Gabbert, WR John Brown, LB Deone Bucannon, RB D.J. Foster, T D.J. Humphries, G Mike Iupati, DL Xavier Williams

On the bright side, Zeke just gained 30 yards!

Cowboys line has been getting pushed around a bit. Gonna be a fight all game.

Edit: Whoever drew up that play where the WR lines up and takes the handoff needs to lay off the pipe.

Recap: Dallas defense, sucks. Dallas offense, sucks. Dallas coaching staff, sucks.

Tyron Smith doing his Flowers imitation.

Flowers might have least got a hand on him - damn that was pathetic.

FINALLY, someone told Dak to pull it and run!! Jeebus, that's how you beat the sellout run barrage - keep doing it till they stop it.

LOL, I thought Jerry said he was going to fire everybody on his team who kneeled? I knew that was a total bluff.

Pretty sure he said nothing remotely like that.

Demarcus Lawrence is pretty damn good - when he's not suspended for hitting a bong or hurt... Hes going to get paid like a mofo this offseason.

That was grown man stuff right there.

For a wr, that was impressive. Damn he's strong.

Whenever Dak pulls it and runs, good things happen for Dallas.. Yet this stupid ass coaching staff refuses to utilize him.

Wasn't planned, but Dak on the move - good things happen.....great job by Butler recognizing his qb needed help, great throw.

• Like 1

Fitz. Wow!

ETA: Ofcourse I finally benched him for Kelvin Benj, after a couple weeks of nothing and a good KB matchup.

Whenever Dak pulls it and runs, good things happen for Dallas.. Yet this stupid ass coaching staff refuses to utilize him.

Yep, Dak on the move = positive shiit.

Yep, Dak on the move = positive shiit.

Sure, but I rather he not most of the time. I seen enough of Cam and RGIII to know what they become.

Russell Wilson? Sure.

There goes the F'ing OVER! lol What the hell is Arians thinking? How do you not kick a FG? They need 2-scores...brutal.

There goes the F'ing OVER! lol What the hell is Arians thinking? How do you not kick a FG? They need 2-scores...brutal.

Hard to be the dumbest coach on the field with Jason Garrett on the other side.. Totally unacceptable and stupid move by Arians.

Larry Fitz taught a class on how to play WR tonite. Made a few hall of fame grabs. Just a stellar performance.

And to top it off, he's equally outstanding off the field.

Sure, but I rather he not most of the time. I seen enough of Cam and RGIII to know what they become.

Russell Wilson? Sure.

And if Dak were a cemented, lead footed pocket passer like Brady, or Bledsoe of the past - I'd agree. But that's not Dak's strength, it's not his skill set. Teams tee off and bad things happen when Dak just sits in the pocket - he's not a pocket passer. Least not a really good one.

Hard to be the dumbest coach on the field with Jason Garrett on the other side.. Totally unacceptable and stupid move by Arians.

I can understand why you say that, but the converse is that when you're down that close to the goal line, and you're faced with the idea that if you hit the field goal, you'd have to gain possession from an onside kick and THEN get all the way down the field for a TD, versus taking your chances on punching it in since you're so close and then not having to get closer than perhaps to the 40 in order to hit a GW FG.

I can understand why you say that, but the converse is that when you're down that close to the goal line, and you're faced with the idea that if you hit the field goal, you'd have to gain possession from an onside kick and THEN get all the way down the field for a TD, versus taking your chances on punching it in since you're so close and then not having to get closer than perhaps to the 40 in order to hit a GW FG.

I understand the reasoning, but I still think it's a bad move.. In addition to needing 2 scores, you're also battling a rapidly dwindling clock - with no timeouts mind you... To have any shot, Arians needed 2 scores AND enuff time to pull it off. He should have kicked it well before they even got down near the goal line, giving themselves as much time as possible in the event they got the onside kick. I think even Gruden alluded to it during the game, that he would of kicked it way before.

And if Dak were a cemented, lead footed pocket passer like Brady, or Bledsoe of the past - I'd agree. But that's not Dak's strength, it's not his skill set. Teams tee off and bad things happen when Dak just sits in the pocket - he's not a pocket passer. Least not a really good one.

Dak is at his best when he throws on the run. He is crazy accurate when he does that. But let's face it. If Johnson would have playing tonight, The Cards would have beaten the Cowboys most likely because I think there pass defense is awful... Johnson probably would have had a field day catching passes. And I am a Cowboy fan saying that!