Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Cowboys at Cardinals: In-Game Discussion/Tilting

They were down by 11. A field goal gets them to down 8, would still need a TD and a 2 pt conversion to just tie. Getting that close and having some time, going for the touchdown allows them to go for a 2 pt conversion and then know if a field goal can tie it, and then also if they get the onside kick after a touchdown and 2 point conversion (made or failed), they still have a shot for another touchdown to WIN, not just tie. They did the right thing in my opinion. Sure to tie it up gives overtime and chance to win, but recovering an onside kick and getting a 2 point conversion is very difficult to pull off just to get a tie and a chance to win.

There would still be enough time if they had got the touchdown they tried for. So what, they tried and didn't get it. Kicking a field goal isn't a guarantee make for one, and still could end up losing the game after a field goal most likely, they just lost by more by trying for the touchdown first, doesn't really matter, if they're going to lose, might as well find out right sooner than later.

L Fitz is alive.

3 man rush in obvious passing play with Ellington singing dream weaver in the backfield, still cant block anyone. My sister can get a job with Arizonia offensive line.

But let's face it. If Johnson would have playing tonight, The Cards would have beaten the Cowboys most likely because I think there pass defense is awful... Johnson probably would have had a field day catching passes. And I am a Cowboy fan saying that!

Maybe, maybe not... The same could be said that Dallas still wins if we have David Irving on the field, all of our injured (non-suited up) secondary depth available, etc..

But I do agree about Dak.. Hell, we've 20 games of film on him now - just watch the tape. Dak is best on the move - this offense is best when Dak is on the move. Doesn't always mean he has to be going North/South, but on the move and a threat.

Arians was annointed a few years ago. Isn't worthy. That guy does something stupid every game. Still take him over McAdoo