Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Bench AB?

Yeah his team lost big and he's happy.

When his team is winning he's slapping water coolers because he's not loading up on stats.

This is today's NFL.

I think it's really hurt the product that's on the field.

Where did you see that he was happy?

Look at his stats, he's happy.

Look at his stats, his numbers are the source.

He was pissed last week after they won. Now he is not. There is your proof.

He's not pissed? Do you have a link or something for that claim?

He's not pissed? Do you have a link or something for that claim?

Nope. But pretty sure he wasn't throwing water coolers. Not that I saw anyways. Nor espn. He may still be creating videos on team meetings in the background though. We will see...

But maybe he is just a little less angry at losses vs. not getting fed the ball.

Nope. But pretty sure he wasn't throwing water coolers. Not that I saw anyways. Nor espn. He may still be creating videos on team meetings in the background though. We will see...

Gotcha. So after catching flack for the water cooler, you're thinking that if he's upset he should be doing it again when he's upset again?

Lack of an outburst is your evidence that he's happy?

Noooooo, no bias against him showing here at all. :)

Gotcha. So after catching flack for the water cooler, you're thinking that if he's upset he should be doing it again when he's upset again?

Lack of an outburst is your evidence that he's happy?

Noooooo, no bias against him showing here at all. :)

Hes been around for a while. Not getting thrown the ball when game is in hand seemed to set him off more than anything. Sometimes personal behavior displays the true nature of a person over what they say to people.

Hes been around for a while. Not getting thrown the ball when game is in hand seemed to set him off more than anything. Sometimes personal behavior displays the true nature of a person over what they say to people.

Gotcha. Judging a whole person based on one action.

Checks out.

Gotcha. Judging a whole person based on one action.

Checks out.

So the next time Brown drops a pass, Rothlisberger should storm to the sideline and throw a water cooler to demonstrate how much of a team player he is. Ok.

And Im not judging him as a person, just as a team player.

So the next time Brown drops a pass, Rothlisberger should storm to the sideline and throw a water cooler to demonstrate how much of a team player he is. Ok.

And Im not judging him as a person, just as a team player.

That's part of what he is as a person. It's also just as perfectly legit to judge how good of a teammate someone is by 1) not being his actual teammate, just watching him on TV, and 2) talking about only one action. I'm sure his actual teammates would like you to tell them how good of a teammate Brown is. They've possibly been foolishly evaluating him based on years of behavior on and off the field, not one or even two moments. Silly teammates.

And no, it would be a problem for Ben to throw water coolers too. Why would you suggest that he should do that? I thought you were against the water cooler throwing.

That's part of what he is as a person. It's also just as perfectly legit to judge how good of a teammate someone is by 1) not being his actual teammate, just watching him on TV, and 2) talking about only one action. I'm sure his actual teammates would like you to tell them how good of a teammate Brown is. They've possibly been foolishly evaluating him based on years of behavior on and off the field, not one or even two moments. Silly teammates.

And no, it would be a problem for Ben to throw water coolers too. Why would you suggest that he should do that? I thought you were against the water cooler throwing.

I didnt suggest it. I was just saying if anyone is mad at not being given the ball when they want it, they probably shouldnt be throwing tantrums on the sideline since there is a hierarchy within the team structure as well as others who make mistakes on the field. Including ones self. I have seen him drop passes. Get over it brown. The team comes first.

I didnt suggest it.

You sure? Because it sure looks like you suggested it. You said

That's either suggesting that Ben should do that, or you're trying to use sarcasm to say that I suggested that. Which I clearly did not.

I didnt suggest it. I was just saying if anyone is mad at not being given the ball when they want it, they probably shouldnt be throwing tantrums on the sideline since there is a hierarchy within the team structure as well as others who make mistakes on the field. Including ones self. I have seen him drop passes. Get over it brown. The team comes first.

And I agree, as I said above, that players probably shouldn't knock over water coolers on the sidelines.

But you should probably also not assume that you know exactly why he did it. Was it because he didn't get the ball? Or was it because the drive (and therefore the team) suffered because the guy who was open didn't get the ball? In other words, was it "Damn, my stats!" or "Damn, we could have had that first down!" How do you, on your couch, know which one it was?

It's a far cry from saying "a guy shouldn't do that" to "doing that makes him a bad teammate". Again, probably best to let his actual teammates decide that, isn't it? The people who actually talk to him, sit in the locker room with him, that sort of thing?

Can we judge a guy who beats women unconscious in Subways? Sure. A guy who knocks over an inanimate object in the heat of competition? Yeah, maybe not.

I don't think he's a good teammate.

And I don't know how his teammates think.

But just because it hasn't been said doesn't mean he is a good teammate, nor does it mean he isn't.

Easy to judge someone for what you've seen them do, I don't know him as a person off the field, but I've seen him do one very selfless and even child like behavior on the field and even once in the locker room with his cell phone.

When I see a player acting like a child because the QB didn't throw him the ball and the team is winning and he's crying about not getting the ball I'm going to righteously judge him for what I saw. Looks very self centered when or team is winning and your complaining about not get the ball enough.

Interesting enough he received 19 targets vs the Jags, and they where blown out.

No beat up water cooler, the guy is selfless.

I don't think he's a good teammate.

And I don't know how his teammates think.

But just because it hasn't been said doesn't mean he is a good teammate, nor does it mean he isn't.

Easy to judge someone for what you've seen them do, I don't know him as a person off the field, but I've seen him do one very selfless and even child like behavior on the field and even once in the locker room with his cell phone.

When I see a player acting like a child because the QB didn't throw him the ball and the team is winning and he's crying about not getting the ball I'm going to righteously judge him for what I saw. Looks very self centered when or team is winning and your complaining about not get the ball enough.

Interesting enough he received 19 targets vs the Jags, and they where blown out.

No beat up water cooler, the guy is selfless.

First, you mean selfish, not selfless. Not flaming there, just pointing out. 'Selfless' is the opposite of what you want to say.

Second, again, it's just super kewl how you guys are willing and able to judge a guy who's played 8 seasons of pro ball, college and HS before that, on how good of a teammate he is from two moments. Particularly when his own teammates said about the latest moment that he's just 'passionate' about wanting the team to win. So, you know, the guys who were actually there to talk to him came away with a different impression. But your godlike ability to know what he was thinking is of course better than that. Incredible. And now you magically know that he was somehow not upset after this last game. Again, incredible. Not at all your bias showing there. Nooooooo.