Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

RB Wayne Gallman

Heck, most ff'ers would choose Collins over Gallman, not much of an argument there except if Collins, who is best known for being a fumbler, loses another fumble, will be once again irrelevant. Thing is, Collins was already taken in 3 of my 4 leagues before last week.

I was able to snag Gallman in 2 leagues this week without losing my waiver priority. I was pretty happy to get an RB off the ww who has a chance for 15+ touches this week. He'll probably stink it up...................maybe he won't.

But, I digress...

Yeah I guess Collins appears to be sexier than Gallman but like you said, one fumble and say goodbye to Collins. I think Gallman can at least play the entire game barring injury.

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports the "expectation is" Wayne Gallman and Orleans Darkwa will "split carries" against the Chargers.

There have been a variety of reports on the Giants' backfield this week, all of them focusing on Gallman. Coach Ben McAdoo has said he will use a "hot hand" approach, while SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reported Gallman is expected to get a "majority" of the work. We'd guess everyone is right, with McAdoo open to a hot hand, but Gallman getting the first chance to develop it. He's an upside RB3. Darkwa is best treated as an RB4. Oct 8 - 11:22 AM

:bench:

The fact of the matter is mcadoo is a terrible coach and has no idea how to run the ball. The giants backfield will be a wasteland as long as he's there

Darkwa.

So much for giving Gallman his chance... The Giants Coaches get my nomination for the Week 5 FU award.

Yup...and Darkwa is on his way to career game. Oh well, hopefully I can eek a win or two this week and find another scrub next week.

Gallman ended up with a decent day. I wish I'd had the stones to pick up A. Jones of GB. Though, I kept reading reports that said Ty had a chance to play and J Williams was going to play. I couldn't pick up a guy that might end up being 3rd option in the backfield. Turns out those reports were bunk.

So no one picked Darkwa here?

Darkwa was the one who started and had 8 rushes for 69 and TD last week before hurting his calf. Thats when Gallman got his chance. CBS lists him atop depth chart but nfl.com still has

RB Paul Perkins Shane Vereen Orleans Darkwa Wayne Gallman

Darkwa was taken off the injury report so he will probably start again. So why is no one talking about the guy who will probably start?

Darkwa was the one who started and had 8 rushes for 69 and TD last week before hurting his calf. Thats when Gallman got his chance. CBS lists him atop depth chart but nfl.com still has

RB Paul Perkins Shane Vereen Orleans Darkwa Wayne Gallman

Darkwa was taken off the injury report so he will probably start again. So why is no one talking about the guy who will probably start?

it's a good question to ask, but my take is that Darkwa is a career underperformer who's stats got potentially inflated because he was playing against SD's bad rush defense, but now going against Den this week, Sea next week, and then on a bye. You can't feel good about using him in any of these weeks.

Couple that with the fact of byes and injuries make benches already thin.

Since bench spots are thin right now and I can't see myself using Darkwa or Gallman in any of these next 3 weeks, I'd rather use a bench spot on guys with more long term upside like Breida, Mack, Perine, McFadden, Morris, Corey Davis, etc.

If you have to start someone this week though, I guess you may have to roll with Darkwa, but you shouldn't feel good about it. I would have hoped you picked up Perine instead when that news broke yesterday.

I belied they're going to use Vereen in the slot. Shepard and Lewis will be on the outside. Thus, Gallman should get most of the work on passing downs. I also see game script requiring them to pass a lot since they should be down to the Broncos by 2 or more scores for most of the game. I'm rolling with Gallman.

Though, as others have said, McAdoo is a total poo as a HC.

If you have to start someone this week though, I guess you may have to roll with Darkwa, but you shouldn't feel good about it. I would have hoped you picked up Perine instead when that news broke yesterday.

Im struggling for RB's and just putting Darkwa on my bench right now. Im done with Perine i had him earlier and after watching him on Sunday or Monday Night what ever that game was a few weeks ago i dont want any part of him. But probably wrong but him running strait ahead into back of his linemen all night was not very encouraging.

Im struggling for RB's and just putting Darkwa on my bench right now. Im done with Perine i had him earlier and after watching him on Sunday or Monday Night what ever that game was a few weeks ago i dont want any part of him. But probably wrong but him running strait ahead into back of his linemen all night was not very encouraging.

fair enough on Perine.

Any of Breida, Mack, Foreman, McFadden, Morris available?

Or is Corey Davis available? I think he's going to have a very good 2nd half when he comes back, so perhaps use a bench spot on him now and then if/when he goes off, trade him or a different WR for a better RB upgrade.

That's what I would do.