Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Brandin Cooks..................

..........just a big ol' POS. What's a guy to do with him? FIVE whole pts in the first half.........wow! If NFL gave under-achiever of the year award he'd be a hands down winner.

Why people crying? Hes having a fine game and tearing me up in ppr.

Oh nobody's crying haha, I just had big man Brate bail me (and the panty-waisted Cooks) out with his TD...........

Didn't a lot of people on this board think he was gonna have a "Randy Moss" type impact with the Pats?

I did.

I didn't think he would be like Randy Moss, but I did think he would post low wr1 ff points.

• Like 1

i'm trying to buy him low right now but its so hard to get people to get away from guys they take so high for guys you took lower

Yeah I am really regretting trading AJ Green for him and Crowder.

I thought with a change of team/QB it would catapult him to the top 5.

Looks like I was wrong, I know its early but losing DJ and my first 2 games

is not a good start. I need consistency and I need it from Cooks NOW.

Who would you try to target in aexchange for Cooks.

Amari Cooper seems to be having the same issue.

I am searching for a solution

i'm trying to buy him low right now but its so hard to get people to get away from guys they take so high for guys you took lower

what are you offering?

You lost DJ, a running back. But used your only other high value player for a high risk/return WR? That doesn't make much sense.

Cook is worth a RB2. In other word, unless you have some excited running backs in your lineup right now like Kamra and Hunt. You are at risk of FF Aloha.

You lost DJ, a running back. But used your only other high value player for a high risk/return WR? That doesn't make much sense.

Cook is worth a RB2. In other word, unless you have some excited running backs in your lineup right now like Kamra and Hunt. You are at risk of FF Aloha.

yeah dont look to much into what my other players are. this is a 4 player keeper league on year 23. so my keepers were very very good. I had DJ, OBJ, Cooks, and Brady

I had no first round pick this year so I traded AJ green for a 1st and Cooks.

yeah dont look to much into what my other players are. this is a 4 player keeper league on year 23. so my keepers were very very good. I had DJ, OBJ, Cooks, and Brady

I had no first round pick this year so I traded AJ green for a 1st and Cooks.

Oh that make much more sense. Then it's all good next year :P

If you have both Cooks and Cooper, it's a pretty nasty looking WRs line up. I have confident going in every week with just my Parker and Hogan, knowing I will get 20 points at least.

They could turn around tho, but it's now or never.

Oh that make much more sense. Then it's all good next year :P

If you have both Cooks and Cooper, it's a pretty nasty looking WRs line up. I have confident going in every week with just my Parker and Hogan, knowing I will get 20 points at least.

They could turn around tho, but it's now or never.

yeah its getting to the point I cant be anymore patient. I ended up trading 2018 1st rounder and DJ injured to the Leveon Bell owner who was 0-3 and in rough shape.

I was pretty lucky in finding a replacement for DJ without hurting my current roster. SO now I feel obligated to fix this Cooks mess.

PS I dont have Cooper though I have OBJ. I was just comparing Cooper's situation to Cooks

yeah its getting to the point I cant be anymore patient. I ended up trading 2018 1st rounder and DJ injured to the Leveon Bell owner who was 0-3 and in rough shape.

I was pretty lucky in finding a replacement for DJ without hurting my current roster. SO now I feel obligated to fix this Cooks mess.

PS I dont have Cooper though I have OBJ. I was just comparing Cooper's situation to Cooks

I can understand your feeling. Sometime, it's better just move on and not do anything. You could always make things worse. I made a terrible mistake on one of my league, but I am not going to make it worst by doing more moves.

I would just wait it out if I have Cooks. Amendola could break down tomorrow and Cooks is back to WR1.

I have an offer to receive Jay Ajayi for my Cooks.... I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.

5/85 is fine for a down game. Some of you fellas need to grow a pair

Grow a pair? Maybe its Cooks that needs to grow a pair and make some of those catches? For a WR that was taken mid 2nd round by some we would expect way way more than getting 6% of that targets of the NE offense. There are TEs that I have not even heard of with higher % of targets thus far. SO excuse us if it hurts your feelings that Cooks has sucked ballz so far for WR most expected way more from. 5/85 is an average game, but all projections once again for his #'s fell short. I expect more than out of the 5 games so far only one was in top 10 in stats. Cooks is a Cuck. Sounds like he is your type of WR

what are you offering?

Crabtree was opening offer. Yes he has the inj (that he's likely now over) and carr being out so it's kinda lowball but the owner liked crabtree a lot before the season. Need him to have a reasonable game Sunday to at least show he's healthy and ej isn't total garbage.

You gotta remember, he was catching Passes from Drew Brees. Maybe one of the only QB who has been as good as brady (sometimes even better than Brady)

I figured it would be similar numbers to what he got in New Orleans... maybe a bit better if he improves as a player.

I still think he is learning how to play with Brady at QB and my understanding is that the offense in New England is complicated so WR dont typically get on the same page as the QB right away. it will take some time.

I figure in 3-4 games he will turn it around, Maybe a bit sooner, maybe a bit later, but turn it around he will.

then you will be happy you have him.

I have an offer to receive Jay Ajayi for my Cooks.... I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.

if you need a RB I'd consider taking that deal

You gotta remember, he was catching Passes from Drew Brees. Maybe one of the only QB who has been as good as brady (sometimes even better than Brady)

I figured it would be similar numbers to what he got in New Orleans... maybe a bit better if he improves as a player.

I still think he is learning how to play with Brady at QB and my understanding is that the offense in New England is complicated so WR dont typically get on the same page as the QB right away. it will take some time.

I figure in 3-4 games he will turn it around, Maybe a bit sooner, maybe a bit later, but turn it around he will.

then you will be happy you have him.

prob is 3-4 games is to much IMO. but I realize that it takes a while to learn Pats O. But the rports out of camp were all raved reviews so that was misleading. I may have no choice to hold him as his value is not worth the sale.

Crabtree was opening offer. Yes he has the inj (that he's likely now over) and carr being out so it's kinda lowball but the owner liked crabtree a lot before the season. Need him to have a reasonable game Sunday to at least show he's healthy and ej isn't total garbage.

I see

But the reports out of camp were all raved reviews so that was misleading.

+1

I can remember one of the late summer blurbs gushing that Cooks was "putting on a clinic". So I would have expected that the Brady-Cooks connection would be functioning as smoothly as the Brady-Hogan and Brady-Amendola connections have been operating.

I like the reassurance that Ray T. has offered about it taking some time for a rapport with Cooks to develop.

I was grateful for this little window of opportunity that week 14 seemed to be offering for a healthy target share for Cooks, what with Gronkowski being suspended. But Chris Hogan is back practicing. Cooks had had his best production in games in which Hogan was absent.

Some people go down the same rabbit hole with New England every year. Your only window of opportunity was if Gronk was hurt most of the year, and Bilicheck decided he needed someone to be a horse.

Cooks in my league is 13 in points at the wr postion in a ppr league.

I think he's right where I thought he would be.

Some people go down the same rabbit hole with New England every year. Your only window of opportunity was if Gronk was hurt most of the year....

As you can see from the above post by weepaws, Cooks has done pretty good for the year and this was with Gronkowski missing just one game.

All i know is i see people complaining about New England players every year. You should of stop drafting them after Bledsoe if you rely on what should happen.

All i know is i see people complaining about New England players every year. You should of stop drafting them after Bledsoe if you rely on what should happen.

Very true. I have stayed away from drafting Pat's players for a while now because of these problems. Brady is different though obviously.

What else is there in ff, if you don't rely on what should happen, do you indeed have more insite of what will in fact happen?

What else is there in ff, if you don't rely on what should happen, do you indeed have more insite of what will in fact happen?

What 'should' happen? Or do you draft on what you think will happen given the team tendencies and philosophies?

Who determines what should happen? The person who drafts in FF or the coach of the actual football team?

Hes playing and scoring just fine. You rather have Julio? Yes but he cost you more to draft and padded enormously with that one huge game. Cooks is a high 2 or low 1 in ppr.

What 'should' happen? Or do you draft on what you think will happen given the team tendencies and philosophies?

Who determines what should happen? The person who drafts in FF or the coach of the actual football team?

Both.

Draft on both, what I think should happen, of course I don't know what will happen

And I draft on what I think might happen. And even as the season goes on with pick up and drops.

I don't know anything when it comes too the luck of ff, just base it off my own evaluation of what should and might happen.

Who determines what should happen or even will, that's an easy answer.

God is in control of all things.

Don't you know that?

Both.

Draft on both, what I think should happen, of course I don't know what will happen

And I draft on what I think might happen. And even as the season goes on with pick up and drops.

I don't know anything when it comes too the luck of ff, just base it off my own evaluation of what should and might happen.

Don't you know that?

I don't think God determines if Tom Brady is going to throw to Cooks or not on a 3rd and 7.

I don't think God determines if Tom Brady is going to throw to Cooks or not on a 3rd and 7.

I know you don't.

That's because you don't believe in God.

Free will is a wonderful thing, it's a great blessing God gives us all.

But it's also what will send most to damnation.

And I'm sure you don't believe that either, so you not believing that God indeed controls every single little thing that happens, isn't a surprise.

I Do.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cooks has been fine this year. He's been a solid WR2. I don't think anyone drafted him to be their #1, so no one should really complain. Right now in standard PPR leagues, he's the #12 WR, so in 12 team leagues, he is a low end #1. Want to complain about consistency? Go ahead, but it doesn't hold water. Yes, he has 5 games where he's scored less than 12 points, but you know what, so did Julio and AJ Green. Heck, the only thing separating Jones and Cooks is that Cooks' big game was 18 points lower than Julio's.

Both.

Don't you know that?

I have a lot of trouble believing people really truly believe this. In the same breath you claim Gods glorious loving forgiving control over what happens. But then say we have free will lol :doh: free will to only sin?............... right? the fact people still fall for this barbaric ways and worshiping is what would please a God is very hard for people like me to take serious. The story of the garden of Eden is an edited version of the tablet of creation from ancient Sumer thousands of years before the bible was written. Before Moses, and yet the bible decided to leave out key parts that contradict the ways these beginning days were laid out. Again because this info is purposely ignored still to this day after more scientific proof to back up earlier stories of civilization. Again make it very hard to take religious beliefs serious anymore.

I am sorry to be saying it, I was raised from birth to 20 years old living a protestant born again christian lifestyle. So trust me when I say to you I have lived both sides and I am awake. See you in the after life, we all go to the same place. :music_guitarred:

I have a lot of trouble believing people really truly believe this. In the same breath you claim Gods glorious loving forgiving control over what happens. But then say we have free will lol :doh: free will to only sin?............... right? the fact people still fall for this barbaric ways and worshiping is what would please a God is very hard for people like me to take serious. The story of the garden of Eden is an edited version of the tablet of creation from ancient Sumer thousands of years before the bible was written. Before Moses, and yet the bible decided to leave out key parts that contradict the ways these beginning days were laid out. Again because this info is purposely ignored still to this day after more scientific proof to back up earlier stories of civilization. Again make it very hard to take religious beliefs serious anymore.

I am sorry to be saying it, I was raised from birth to 20 years old living a protestant born again christian lifestyle. So trust me when I say to you I have lived both sides and I am awake. See you in the after life, we all go to the same place. :music_guitarred:

Brandin Cooks is of course a must start :doublethumbsup: