Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Alex Collins Deux

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/depth-chart-2017.html

Alex Collins moved up to RB1 in their official depth chart, that's big news. Collins is going to get another chance, and maybe a none RBBC chance to take over.

I think he is safe to slot in for flex if you are a risk taker or no other options. But fumble again will be the death of him.

Making his own thread again because he is only 29% own (Yahoo) and still available in some leagues.

Credit to Cavern.

• Like 1

thanks.

yeah, checked that on a whim, did NOT expect to see that. clearly he is getting the shot at being the #1. i think they were counting on dixon this year and had no intentions of west or allen being featured, so the opportunity makes more sense than just "he's looked better". but, yes, he needs to hold on to the ball.

Would you drop Jacquizz (Martin owner) for him? And if so, do you start Collins over Crowell this week?

I own Martin and cut Rodgers immediately once he was activated. Last night proved you would never start him unless Martin is hurt. We have short benches so no room to carry a marginally talented handcuff.

I own Martin and cut Rodgers immediately once he was activated. Last night proved you would never start him unless Martin is hurt. We have short benches so no room to carry a marginally talented handcuff.

Yea, I just dropped him for Collins. Still cant figure out whether to start Collins or Crowell though.

in the same boat on the Crowell vs. Collins, I may give Crowell one more chance, the matchup is decent against the Jets...I would love it Colllins went off and had another back to play

That makes me happy. I am considering starting AC in place of Ajayai. AC has outscored Ajayai 24 to 10 in the last 2 weeks in my league and thats not even with him being the starter.

luckily i'm in the mode of speculatively adding and stashing collins. as far as starting him.... it's still pretty risky. he moved up on the team depth chart, but, as of last game, they still had him as a primary kick returner. that and the fumble short leash make me a little leery of going all in. i'd try to find someone with a little less risk. i think crowell carries a little less risk, but it's not definite and i wouldn't blame someone for going collins there

personally, i would. he has a more immediate path to being a featured player

Would you drop A Jones for Collins? With news of other RBs playing now potentially for GB?

luckily i'm in the mode of speculatively adding and stashing collins. as far as starting him.... it's still pretty risky. he moved up on the team depth chart, but, as of last game, they still had him as a primary kick returner. that and the fumble short leash make me a little leery of going all in. i'd try to find someone with a little less risk. i think crowell carries a little less risk, but it's not definite and i wouldn't blame someone for going collins there

Collins is a risky play. I think that even if they make him the #1 guy, his carries wont change much. I think this is still very much a time share.

Pick him up for sure if you have room on your roster.

I just wouldnt start him yet unless you really have no other good options. I'd consider him to be a low end RB2 or high end RB3 right now. There is certainly some upside, but I do think as long as the fumbling issues hang over his head, the coach will limit his reps until he trusts him fully.

Collins is a risky play. I think that even if they make him the #1 guy, his carries wont change much. I think this is still very much a time share.

I just wouldnt start him yet unless you really have no other good options. I'd consider him to be a low end RB2 or high end RB3 right now. There is certainly some upside, but I do think as long as the fumbling issues hang over his head, the coach will limit his reps until he trusts him fully.

shitt. At this point i would take rb2 value over the absolute shitt on a shingle that Ajayai has given

Would you start Collins over Jerick McKinnon in .5 ppr?

I think Collins could have a very good ff points day.

See I think Harbaugh will feed him plenty of carries until we see that fumble pop up. West had -7 yards last week on 4 carries. He done

Would you start Collins over Jerick McKinnon in .5 ppr?

Yes.

The thing about Jerick McKinnon is we dont truly know how the team will use him.

it's certainly possible Latavius gets all the love, and it is possible that McKinnon gets it all. We dont truly know. With Collins there is substantially more certainty in terms of what you will be getting. I also think there is more upside.

Yeah and a meteor can smash our moon into a million pieces or Loch Ness is actually just a large bear wearing snake skin. For those 1-3 like me, Alex Collins is starting. Let's see what the kid can do.

Kid runs hard and has ok vision. He's as talented as any healthy/unsuspended Ravens back the past few seasons

Fumbling will be his downfall, so beware.

Been talking him up since he entered the league. He has made me look like a fool thus far (which, admittedly, isn't hard to do in this crazy pursuit of ours). Now we shall hopefully see if he is the real deal. Have him owned in all 4 leagues, but benched this week with better options, and awaiting affirmation of his level off involvement.

Time to so what you do, Alex....and hang on to the freaking ball!

Take a look at these highlights. I grabbed him in every league I could.

I've been watching highlights from him as well as Wayne Gallman, Aaron Jones, Austin Ekeler and other prospective adds and Collins’ highlights are by far the most eye catching.

But I’m in a PPR league and would like to see Alex get more involved in the passing game. In the three weeks that he's played, Collins has had only 2 targets to go along with his 25 carries whereas Javorius Allen's had 18 targets paired with his 24 carries. (and if one is thinking ROS, Woodhead may be back after the week 10 bye.)

That said, all three weeks’ worth of his highlights are irresistible. I may add him too.

Yep pretty much, I'm pretty worried he puts it on the ground early. Everyone knows the issue, his team, the opponent, himself. Is that also the reason Seattle let him go or risked it with practice squad?

Starting him over that Jones clown on the packers. He cant fumble AGAIN, he knows its over if he does.

Yep pretty much, I'm pretty worried he puts it on the ground early. Everyone knows the issue, his team, the opponent, himself. Is that also the reason Seattle let him go or risked it with practice squad?

Carson playing big made him expendable. Rawls, Prosise and Lacy pretty much had spots locked down. McKissic made the team because Prosise is made of glass. Without providing much as a receiver, Collins was the odd man out but I really wish they would have had the stones to cut Lacy instead.

Mike Davis also outplayed him and made the practice squad over Collins.

In regard to the concern that if you start him and he fumbles early, you're screwed, note that after the fumble vs PIT he was back in action a quarter later (and happened to rip off a 50 yarder).

For what it's worth....(and it may not be worth a whole lot :) ).

For the love of God, hold on to the ball this week.

That's how I summarize this thread.

And all of Gods people said, "Amen!"

WTF. Collins gets listed as the RB1 on BAL's depth chart then he doesn't even play?

*Look around*

Credit to Cavern.

Harbaugh is pulling a Belichick. But now West is done, Collins def getting a shot.

Coaches are genius'. Collins finally gets the ball and rips off 25 us gain. Maybe they should consider giving him carries. Seems all he does is get huge gains.

Coaches are genius'. Collins finally gets the ball and rips off 25 us gain. Maybe they should consider giving him carries. Seems all he does is get huge gains.

But they're giving it to Allen in the red zone :/