Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Jets > Patriots

Both have the same records and now it's 14 - 0? I still fully expect Patriots to win.

But wow, talk about upside down world, McCown playing better than Brady.

Yea I drafted New England's defense. Dropped them after week 1, but was kinda bummed out I'd miss out on some easy match ups (Jets) and they can't even do anything today.

Hope Jets win. Defense is playing decent too.

A little luck, a little assistance from the zebras, and the Patriots are tied with a team everyone expected them to blow out

worst, dumbest, call ever.

And I bet New England, so I'm not being bias...

how the does that even happen?

I'm getting tired of these officials and these studid as calls...

I guess they're trying to say he lost control of the ball and didn't regain it until he was out of bounds, but i just don't get how they got incontrovertible evidence of that.

I'll pile on.

That was the most pathetic f*cking incompetent pile of sh!t faggotry call I've seen in years.

There have been several calls this game that have made it untenable. If the Patriots fans still think the NFL has it in for them, they aren't watching this game. This should be in the Jets favor right now.

Regardless of outcome, it's becoming clear. This Patriots team is average, at best.

• Like 1

So...wow. That clip ended before the call. Did they say he dropped the ball and it hit the pylon, or out of bounds in the endzone? I'm confused.

And thanks for the link :)

One of the worst calls I've ever seen, and I'm a Pats fan. He clearly regained possession before his arm hit the pylon, with the ball still in bounds. I don't know what the fock they were looking at. Absolutely god awful..

Not that it would've won the game for the Jets. They would've still been down by 3, but still...

And while we're at it, the touchback rule is the stupidest rule in sports, bar none. I've always hated that rule..it makes no sense. The defense should never get possession unless they actually recover the football. A guy fumbles at the half yard line, it squibs out of the end zone a half yard in, and the defense gets the ball on the 20? WTF is that??? Just spot the ball at the spot of the fumble, like they do with any other fumble that goes forward out of bounds. Stupid...

Pats fan here but that call was fkn mind boggling.

Just saw replay. What was their reason given?

Bizarre

Just saw replay. What was their reason given?

Bizarre

The ruling on the field is Tom Brady is a considerate lover who gives reach arounds. New England ball on the 20.

• Like 1

Pats fan here. Jets got hosed. I could MAYBE see it being an incomplete pass but a fumble out of the end zone??? :wacko:

Wow, just saw it. WTF...yea and an incomplete pass wouldn't even make sense there either, since he regained possession and had a knee down. Horrible reffing.

Wow, just saw it. WTF...yea and an incomplete pass wouldn't even make sense there either, since he regained possession and had a knee down. Horrible reffing.

An incomplete pass wouldn't make sense because he ran for 7 steps with the football before it got knocked loose.

The refs on the field got the call right and called touchdown.

The anonymous people in NY reversed the call.

If Dan Fouts does not know what a catch is then how am I supposed to know?

According to rules it was right call but that doesnt make it right. That was awful

According to rules it was right call but that doesnt make it right. That was awful

Out of curiosity, because I'm not 100% familiar with the rule in this circumstance, does ASJ have to make a football move (like during the catch process) after he corrals the bobbled football to reestablish possession, or does he just have to regain control of the ball before crossing the goal line? If it's the former, the rule is idiotic. If it's the latter, he absolutely regained possession before crossing the goal line and the people reviewing the play completely botched the call.

The official also apparently said the ball moved in his arms after he hit the ground, which he said means he never reestablished possession because he didn't maintain control throughout the entire process (similar to a receiver catching the ball in the endzone and going to the ground). One, if the ball moved it was minuscule. Two, I'm getting really tired of every TD where a guy ends up on the ground being dissected to death to see if the ball wobbled in his arms. Can we get rid of this stupid ass rule already where if the ball flinches 2 mm it's not a TD?

Out of curiosity, because I'm not 100% familiar with the rule in this circumstance, does ASJ have to make a football move (like during the catch process) after he corrals the bobbled football to reestablish possession, or does he just have to regain control of the ball before crossing the goal line? If it's the former, the rule is idiotic. If it's the latter, he absolutely regained possession before crossing the goal line and the people reviewing the play completely botched the call.

The official also apparently said the ball moved in his arms after he hit the ground, which he said means he never reestablished possession because he didn't maintain control throughout the entire process (similar to a receiver catching the ball in the endzone and going to the ground). One, if the ball moved it was minuscule. Two, I'm getting really tired of every ###### TD where a guy ends up on the ground being dissected to death to see if the ball wobbled in his arms. Can we get rid of this stupid ass rule already where if the ball flinches 2 mm it's not a TD?

My understanding of this is that it has nothing to do with the "catch" rule. This falls under the fumble rule. As he's going to the ground he bobbles the ball but then re-posses it. The review officials decided at that point he had fumbled. In order to recover that fumble, he has to establish himself in bounds when we re-possess it (he's airborne when this happens), But when he re-possess it he lands out of bounds across the goal line. As the ball has crossed the goal line in-bounds, but was ruled to not be possessed by ASJ, it's a fumble and a touchback.

What you have to ask yourself here is "is this is a fumble?" That determination brings all these other rules about establishing possession in bounds and touchbacks into play. If you believe this is a fumble, then the ruling is no different than if a player fumbles the ball through the end zone and out of bounds because ASJ clearly didn't re-grip the ball and land in bounds. If you consider the ball still possessed by ASJ when he's in the air while the ball shifts than it should be a TD. I'm not sure how the NFL defines a fumble, but if it's ruled a fumble the refs made the right call.

For the record, rules or no rules I think the play ought to be a TD, but I see the logic in the rules as they are applied if it is determined to be a fumble

One of the worst calls I've ever seen, and I'm a Pats fan. He clearly regained possession before his arm hit the pylon, with the ball still in bounds. I don't know what the fock they were looking at. Absolutely god awful..

Not that it would've won the game for the Jets. They would've still been down by 3, but still...

And while we're at it, the touchback rule is the stupidest rule in sports, bar none. I've always hated that rule..it makes no sense. The defense should never get possession unless they actually recover the football. A guy fumbles at the half yard line, it squibs out of the end zone a half yard in, and the defense gets the ball on the 20? WTF is that??? Just spot the ball at the spot of the fumble, like they do with any other fumble that goes forward out of bounds. Stupid...

I agree completely. In this case, spot the ball where he last had control since they deemed it a completed pass. Every other change of possession in the league requires the other team to actually OBTAIN possession (or in the case of 4th down, prevent them from advancing to a new set of downs). It's a ridiculous focking rule.

My understanding of this is that it has nothing to do with the "catch" rule. This falls under the fumble rule. As he's going to the ground he bobbles the ball but then re-posses it. The review officials decided at that point he had fumbled. In order to recover that fumble, he has to establish himself in bounds when we re-possess it (he's airborne when this happens), But when he re-possess it he lands out of bounds across the goal line. As the ball has crossed the goal line in-bounds, but was ruled to not be possessed by ASJ, it's a fumble and a touchback.

What you have to ask yourself here is "is this is a fumble?" That determination brings all these other rules about establishing possession in bounds and touchbacks into play. If you believe this is a fumble, then the ruling is no different than if a player fumbles the ball through the end zone and out of bounds because ASJ clearly didn't re-grip the ball and land in bounds. If you consider the ball still possessed by ASJ when he's in the air while the ball shifts than it should be a TD. I'm not sure how the NFL defines a fumble, but if it's ruled a fumble the refs made the right call.

For the record, rules or no rules I think the play ought to be a TD, but I see the logic in the rules as they are applied if it is determined to be a fumble

In a technical sense, yes what you explained is completely correct. However, because it is called TD, the review crew should of let it go and let it stand as call.

Technically, I can shoot on sight anyone that stepped on my yard holding a weapon like object. But that's just retarded, because a judge would lock me up trying to explore some technicality.