Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Walking Dead Season 8

I almost feel like they don't have anywhere to go after this do you?

Obviously at some point they will resolve this with Negan and then what? You can't do the whole fighting another Community thing. Are the zombies going to attack a lot more suddenly? I'm just confused where the storyline is going to go after this.

i feel like, at this point, they are past zombies being this intense threat and are fully into the "peoples human nature" aspect of rebuilding society. Who wants to RULE like a Negan, who wants to work together to rebuild what was lost. What people don't really want the old way of living back because they fit better in Zombie world..... and without being a comic reader or feeling that the comics matter very much, I would guess the next step is realizing a cure. Whether its an actual administered cure or the obvious we find out new born babies are immune type of thing.

No one wants Tara dead besides me?

yeah she sucks but another issue I have is with how few characters are left of the "originals", which for me are basically characters from when the show was good.... so anyone before they reach Terminus.

Season 1 - Rick, Carol, Daryl, Morgan

Season 2 - Maggie

Season 3 - Michonne

Just pre Terminus - Rosita :wub: , Eugene and Tara.

that's it. I don't give a flying fock about Gabriel or anyone they've met since. Except maybe fat Jerry? He's pretty cool.

yeah she sucks but another issue I have is with how few characters are left of the "originals", which for me are basically characters from when the show was good.... so anyone before they reach Terminus.

Season 1 - Rick, Carol, Daryl, Morgan

Season 2 - Maggie

Season 3 - Michonne

Just pre Terminus - Rosita :wub: , Eugene and Tara.

that's it. I don't give a flying fock about Gabriel or anyone they've met since. Except maybe fat Jerry? He's pretty cool.

I like Jerry. And Rosa. You know she likes to bang, and used to let Eugene(Digby) watch.

I like Jerry. And Rosa. You know she likes to bang, and used to let Eugene(Digby) watch.

Ha! that's totally Digby. You can just see Eugene slits zombie throats like Digby slits deer throats :lol:

There are characters i like that are relatively new but most of them suck. They killed off too many really good characters too quickly. I know important people have to die, they need to shock the audience and make them feel sad and have their stupid Talking Dead show after but they kill off

Shane, Laurie? (good), T-Dawg, Merle, the old dude with the RV, Andrea, the black woman who offs herself at the CDC, Carl sucked but now he's dead too, Sasha, Abraham, Glenn, Bob? the medic guy, Beth, Tyreese..... and mother fockin Herschel

Yea remember the helicopter a couple of times especially the one that cause the zombies to move toward the farm.

Anybody remember the helicopter?

you know if there wasnt Fear of the Walking Dead, I would think it would have been awesome had it just been isolated to Atlanta, like a giant experiment.

you know if there wasnt Fear of the Walking Dead, I would think it would have been awesome had it just been isolated to Atlanta, like a giant experiment.

The Moonwalking Dead

For a while I was really hoping for the fan theory that Rick and his group are just a bunch of savage murderers on drugs working their way up the coast killing everyone and anyone because they either see them as zombies or as threats to their own survival from zombie apocalypse but in reality there are no zombies.

It's supported by the Walter white blue meth in merle Dixons drug bag in season 2 I think? And also when Tyrese dies and he's hearing radio broadcasts basically hinting at something like that... and possibly in the fact that certain characters at certain times struggle with killing even zombies.

As the show has gone on, it unfortunately is less and less likely.. especially with the introduction of more and more communities.

1. The saviors attack with arrows against machine guns.

2. When there is a break in the shooting, they just walk out into the open.

3. The group sleeps in a big room with the door open and no one on guard.

4. Two people get killed fairly nearby and don't scream loud enough to wake anyone up.

Spot...on. drove me nuts. I literally facepalmed when they were sleeping with the door wide open.

Any weird season. I really feel like the writers may not be sure which way to take this series. Their inability to kill Simon or Negan is mind-numbing.

Spot...on. drove me nuts. I literally facepalmed when they were sleeping with the door wide open.

Any weird season. I really feel like the writers may not be sure which way to take this series. Their inability to kill Simon or Negan is mind-numbing.

same people that can put a bullet directly thru the center of the skull of every single zombie encountered, cant hit anyone with a machine gun firing 100 rounds, especially the trained law enforcement

also, if getting injured by something with walker blood makes them get sick and die, then covering themselves with blood to become invisible would have killed them as well, unless their pores are immune

same people that can put a bullet directly thru the center of the skull of every single zombie encountered, cant hit anyone with a machine gun firing 100 rounds, especially the trained law enforcement

also, if getting injured by something with walker blood makes them get sick and die, then covering themselves with blood to become invisible would have killed them as well, unless their pores are immune

This I will defend as they very rarely do it... opening season and once in alexandria. No other guts and blood camo that I can think of.

And then when negan and Gabriel do it, negan asks if any of his people.ever got sick which hints that negan has seen it cause issues.

But you are correct, gabriel gets an infection... Doesn't turn. Maybe it's go to be a deep wound like a bite is.

This I will defend as they very rarely do it... opening season and once in alexandria. No other guts and blood camo that I can think of.

And then when negan and Gabriel do it, negan asks if any of his people.ever got sick which hints that negan has seen it cause issues.

But you are correct, gabriel gets an infection... Doesn't turn. Maybe it's go to be a deep wound like a bite is.

its also thru the whole Mexico part in fear

I think they have probably used it maybe 6 times in Walking Dead.

its also thru the whole Mexico part in fear

I think they have probably used it maybe 6 times in Walking Dead.

I don't know that seems like a lot. I can only remember three including negan and gabriel.

What makes me more skeptical is the amount of times they just hack away at zombies loke clearing out the prison and they are covered in walker blood. Forget skin pores, what about any open cuts? That would be the same as my thinking it has to be a deeper wound that gets compromised.

I don't know that seems like a lot. I can only remember three including negan and gabriel.

What makes me more skeptical is the amount of times they just hack away at zombies loke clearing out the prison and they are covered in walker blood. Forget skin pores, what about any open cuts? That would be the same as my thinking it has to be a deeper wound that gets compromised.

yah maybe so, maybe I am just thinking about all the times they are covered. I am sure there is some stat somewhere from TWD extreme geeks. But one would think that when its on their face, near their eyes or mouth would do the same

there was a time Michonne blended with walkers too but then I just found this in a quick google

http://i.imgur.com/FgLoq2R.jpg

Bold prediction: Michonne dies tonight :ninja:

Why can't it be Tara?

Why can't it be Tara?

Might be her too. But that wouldnt be very bold.

Oh and awful character but wood for some reason. Maybe its the big cans :dunno:

Bold prediction: Michonne dies tonight :ninja:

Going to take Ricks kid and his woman in the same season? He's going to be pissed.

I loved this episode because I knew going into it that I was quitting afterward.

This show has evolved into a series of whiny, annoying monologues. Can’t watch another minute.

I was pretty disappointed in the finale. And actually thought Fear was much, MUCH better.

The first 10 minutes were slow, but after that, it was good.

Fear made me want to see the next episode. Where, dead just made me feel like I wasted an hour.

I thought he was gonna die from the neck slash, I would have given the bat to Maggie and let her finish the job. But I know in the comic story they keep him alive and lock him up, just like here, so that wasn’t too far fetched. Overall not a bad season really, just nothing special.

Thinking about it, what made the show so damn good early on was the oh my God I don't believe they did that! Moments.

I honest to God can't remember the last time they had one of those.

What I wanted was for the mysterious helicopters to come and gun down all the saviors at the last minute and for rix people to drop all their weapons. End of the show being First Peek into a newer much bigger and organized and civilized world versus a much bigger and more capable Army of zombies.

That would have been just about the only decent way to get me to keep watching.

Thinking about it, what made the show so damn good early on was the oh my ###### God I don't believe they did that! Moments.

Yup exactly. I was mentioning that to someone last night after the finale got over. It's like they're afraid to kill main characters on the show now because of the backlash they'd receive.

Think back to season 3. They killed Lori (thank god) and T-Dogg in the SAME EPISODE. That was like 2 out of the main 10 characters. Now there's roughly 30 people in the main cast and the only one they've killed off is Simon since Coral 8 episodes ago.

Yup. Probably says a lot that the last character they killed off that I had any sort of emotional attachment to was the CGI tiger.🐯

So who is they next villain?

Each other I guess..

:rolleyes:

I may have to bow out moving forward.

So who is they next villain?

Apparently, Maggie is.

For those of you playing the home game?

Daryl goes off the reservation? Check

Call goes out the reservation? Check

Michonne couldn't find the reservation with a map? Check

Rick loses his shiit and goes off the reservation? Repeatedly check check check

with everybody else dead, that pretty much only leaves Maggie and Morgan. Oh wait, Morgan literally left the reservation.

So the only person left to lose their is Maggie.

And for fucksake, finally have that God damn baby would you?

Thinking about it, what made the show so damn good early on was the oh my ###### God I don't believe they did that! Moments.

Last for me was Negan killing Glen,been downhill ever since

What was up with Eugene puking on Rosita? How exactly was that supposed to help him get away?

What was up with Eugene puking on Rosita? How exactly was that supposed to help him get away?

I'd like to have my :banana: puke on Rosita :wub:

I don't think there will be any long lasting "war" or fight between rick/michonne and maggie/daryl (jesus being in the room with maggie and daryl and agreeing seems to go completely against his character)

they still have to get back to that old woman and her weird sidekicks at some point.

Yup exactly. I was mentioning that to someone last night after the finale got over. It's like they're afraid to kill main characters on the show now because of the backlash they'd receive.

Think back to season 3. They killed Lori (thank god) and T-Dogg in the SAME EPISODE. That was like 2 out of the main 10 characters. Now there's roughly 30 people in the main cast and the only one they've killed off is Simon since Coral 8 episodes ago.

Last for me was Negan killing Glen,been downhill ever since

i think its a bit of a catch 22. The "oh wow, that just happened" moments did make the first few seasons great but did NOT set the show up to be great in the long term.

For me, there are few characters left to actually care about and a big part of that is how many of the "mains" have been killed off already.

The show is to the point that if you kill off any more main characters, it might as well be a different show and if you keep them alive (Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, Maggie), then people complain that there is no more shock value. Although Sasha also died.

I guess "main" character is a different definition for everyone but for me It was characters from seasons 1 and 2 plus the people who joined the inner circle once the prison was established (sasha, tyrese, bob) plus Abraham/Rosita and Eugene. Maybe that's because the show did a better job of writing new characters in those first 3-4 seasons or maybe it was easier to make characters feel like important parts of the group when they were all still on the run and fighting the dead....

....and maybe now, none of these new characters stick because the dead don't even matter anymore and we have tons of fairly thriving settlements. Why do I care about your beach community? just stay over there. Gay Aaron? could have been a good "main" character but they just didn't bring him in that direction. Like I could have seen him doing enough and being someone that viewers cared about on the level of a Sasha.