Sign in to follow this  
bandrus1

Jay Ajayi traded to Eagles

This is how I feel. I can not tell you how many games I have seen him struggle with 8 man fronts. Not everyone is going to be successful running into that every single play. He is going from one of the worst teams (who misused his power run style by running out of the shotgun) to a team that has an offensive line, a qb and wide receivers who can stretch the field. Ajayi should beast in this system with this line.

Yep

I don't own Ajayi; but if I did, I'd be bummed about him being shipped to a team with heavy RBBC tendencies.

Uhhhh. They have RBBC tendencies because they did not have a bellcow. He can take it 20 times a game and behind that line should be good for 100 yards and a td almost every time.

Uhhhh. They have RBBC tendencies because they did not have a bellcow. He can take it 20 times a game and behind that line should be good for 100 yards and a td almost every time.

Would love to believe that. Blount not just a backup now, has had too good a history at the goal line

i've never known Ajayi to be a pass catcher. any chance he's even on the field in their obvious passing situations? this is a team that likes to sling the rock.

i mean, i'm sure they traded for him with a purpose, i'm just wondering how much opportunity to really expect

He going into a RBBC situation. I am not sure this is any better than the RB situation in NE.

Obvious downgrade for both Blount and Smallwood, just not sure if it's a upgrade or even trade for Ajayi. Sorry, I don't buy there is much talent with Ajayi, I believe Blount is a better back than him.

He going into a RBBC situation. I am not sure this is any better than the RB situation in NE.

Obvious downgrade for both Blount and Smallwood, just not sure if it's a upgrade or even trade for Ajayi. Sorry, I don't buy there is much talent with Ajayi, I believe Blount is a better back than him.

yeah. the main allure in miami was BELL COW. don't think he is that now. but got to think they do not share your opinion about blount being better. if they did, why make the move?

yeah. the main allure in miami was BELL COW. don't think he is that now. but got to think they do not share your opinion about blount being better. if they did, why make the move?

Maybe Ajayi was too cheap to pass up and it fit part of their pieces? Smallwood is always injured and they lost Spore.

Blount is awesome as a between the tackle grinder, he is a closer, not sure anyone is better than him on that. But he is not much else, so Ajayi will be use for sure, just not sure which down.

I value specialize talent more than average across the board, I am sure other value differently.

Not an Ajayi owner but I don't see how this doesn't help Ajayi, to go from stacked boxes with an incompetent QB to never having stacked boxes with an MVP candidate for QB...

Lol that original post is hilarious. That's like if Cousins got traded to Cleveland owners should be worried about them playing musical QBs every week.

• Like 1

Yeah no reason to trade for a guy just to stick him in a committee. He's gonna get 15-20 touches with increased td and pass catching potential.

• Like 1

So does this make Damien Williams in Miami a legit pick up?

Not an Ajayi owner but I don't see how this doesn't help Ajayi, to go from stacked boxes with an incompetent QB to never having stacked boxes with an MVP candidate for QB...

Which may be more than offset by a reduced touch count.

Ajayi's max touch count weeks have been 30, 27, and a couple of 26's with MIA.

The highest touch count any PHI RB has had this year is 17, which Blount garnered twice.

So does this make Damien Williams in Miami a legit pick up?

Williams and Drake prob both get a shot to run away with the job would be my guess.

the comments about it not making sense to trade for him just to throw him in a committee make sense,

however, color me surprised that it seems that Blount is just being relegated to a backup role. the whole thing is a little surprising. i'm interested to see how it shakes out.

is it possible that this move was made more for depth purposes than anything? the sense that they'd be in deep do do if they were to lose blount? if THAT is the case, then maybe it does make sense that these guys would platoon.

regardless, i can't imagine being anything but happy and (more) optimistic if i was an Ajayi owner. it was going nowhere in miami

the comments about it not making sense to trade for him just to throw him in a committee make sense,

however, color me surprised that it seems that Blount is just being relegated to a backup role. the whole thing is a little surprising. i'm interested to see how it shakes out.

is it possible that this move was made more for depth purposes than anything? the sense that they'd be in deep do do if they were to lose blount? if THAT is the case, then maybe it does make sense that these guys would platoon.

regardless, i can't imagine being anything but happy and (more) optimistic if i was an Ajayi owner. it was going nowhere in miami

remember that Blount is FA after this year and Ajayi is signed through next year, so could be just as much a move for the future than it is a move for this year.

I look for ajayi moving to a %50 load straight-away, and that moves to 60-65% going forward... This team has super bowl dreams with Rodgers out, and they need to kick the tires on Ajayi to see what they've got

I think the most upsetting thing about this trade as an Ajayi owner is that he will now have two bye weeks. Oh, and ZERO tds to date.

I could easily see Blount vulturing tds too.

Steer clear of whoever takes the load on in Miami. Stay far away, probably not a worse RB situation outside of Seattle.

Ajayi owners just got a new lease on life. Smallwood is obviously now (even more) worthless.

The max amount of touches an Eagles RB has received under Doug Pederson (24 games) is 22. Just four times a RB got 20+ touches.

The max amount of touches an Eagles RB has received under Doug Pederson (24 games) is 22. Just four times a RB got 20+ touches.

could that just be a byproduct of having a lack of talent though?

he did come up through Andy Reid, who likes employing a bell cow back.

just playing counter point here.

My whole point about him being in RBBC is because I don't think he is that good. No, he is not a bellcow in my eyes.

He is not Fournette, he is more like Carlos Hyde. I just don't see how they go away from Blount as the closer, that's what he has been using for since Eagles have been so good.

https://twitter.com/EliotShorrParks/status/925415655016468481

Anyway, it's a positive, he couldn't possibly gotten any worst than in Miami.

Adam Caplan Twitter:

Adam CaplanVerified account @caplannfl 5h5 hours ago

Blount's inconsistency was part of why #Eagles made this deal. Ajayi's addition alleviates that issue. He'll be the main RB going fwd.

:banana:

Huge upgrade for Ajayi.

Don't expect much out of the dolphins rbs , low end flex if that.

Huge upgrade for Ajayi.

Don't expect much out of the dolphins rbs , low end flex if that.

I agree, Mike.

Much better offensive line for Ajayi to operate from. He hasn't produced much in the passing game, but he will help Wentz in setting up play-action.

This does solve the already mostly answered puzzle of whether to hold Smallwood or not.

See ya.

This was already answered after his performance last weekend.

As a sad Dolphin fan I don't know what to think. Ajayi has not looked to good this year. Some has been the offense. He seems to have some issues with his knee. He has lost that little burst he had last year. Hopefully he will find that spark he had last year because he runs hard.

well, I think part of the problem is when Jay cutler is your QB, teams stack the box and dare you to throw the ball.

when you have a subpar o line, you can run the ball, but you wont do exceptionally well.

to a large degree, this has been Ajayi's season. assuming he becomes the immediate starter in philly, the arrow has to be pointing up.

Such an odd move IMO. I could have seen Ajayi going to about 8 other teams before Philly... Dal, Min, NYG, Oak, Sea, Det, Bal, GB

Such an odd move IMO. I could have seen Ajayi going to about 8 other teams before Philly... Dal, Min, NYG, Oak, Sea, Det, Bal, GB

Not so sure about Minny on that list. McKinnon looks pretty solid for the rest of the year. Green Bay Has A.Jones who showed something.

How often does an offensive skill player come in mid-season and do much of anything?

Im not seeing it, but Ive certainly been wrong before

Does Ajayi play this week? Or with the Eagles bye next week, hold him out so he get 2 weeks to learn the system?

Do the eagles now try to move Blount?

Move him to the bench or waiver wire maybe. He is worthless now IMO

This was already answered after his performance last weekend.

Eh, it was mostly answered. That last game might have been rust from being hurt, or gameplan. Two weeks in a row, then Ajayi? Def.

How often does an offensive skill player come in mid-season and do much of anything?

Im not seeing it, but Ive certainly been wrong before

with RB, it's easier than you think.

A few years back some fantasy titles were won by grabbing Tim Hightower and Shaun Draughn, who were signed literally off the street.

lol. that would be so comical in terms of what a fantasy wasteland that backfield is

Sweet baby Jesus please let Blount be traded back to NE !!

with RB, it's easier than you think.

A few years back some fantasy titles were won by grabbing Tim Hightower and Shaun Draughn, who were signed literally off the street.

yeah, see how quick ADP got in tune with the offense in Arizona?

that may be an exceptional case, and chances are good that there were 9 or 10 run plays he memorized along with a couple permutations and combinations (depending on the reads) that he needed to know. I suspect they didnt put him in on many third downs where blitz pickup would be needed either (that part takes a bit longer to pickup I think)

it can be done, but if there is a bye week coming that's where he will be cramming hard to learn all the plays.

careful ajai owners..... they play denver. take a little peak at rb stats vs that denver defense. they have limited some of the best backs in the league.