Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyUtah007

Cam forward lateral to C Mac - stat correction?

https://twitter.com/panthersguy01/status/927258032991555586

Watch the second replay in particular. He clearly flipped the ball forward from his body. This needs to be changed to a passsing TD. Anyone else affected by this?? Im such a dork that I called the Elias Sports Bureau about it today. They said theyd look at it. 212-869-1530 is their number. Call them if this also affects you!

This is too funny, I saw that play live and have Cam, I thought the same thing too. I believe there was a stat correction like that either last year or the year before with Big Ben and Bell involved, it didn't get corrected until like Wednesday or Thursday which is really late. Completely screwed up the records because it removed Big Ben from getting the TD and the 300 yard bonus.

Thankfully I don't need the correction but only won by 8 points.

Watched it live, thought it was a forward pass as it happened.

I believe Buck also said, a rushing TD "for now"...

https://twitter.com/panthersguy01/status/927258032991555586

Watch the second replay in particular. He clearly flipped the ball forward from his body. This needs to be changed to a passsing TD. Anyone else affected by this?? Im such a dork that I called the Elias Sports Bureau about it today. They said theyd look at it. 212-869-1530 is their number. Call them if this also affects you!

Good luck dude (and good username). I once called and got to talk directly to Mike Pereira about a Ravens blocked punt that got taken away from their defense. He was a super cool guy! They didn't reverse anything, but he explained it really clearly.

Good luck dude (and good username). I once called and got to talk directly to Mike Pereira about a Ravens blocked punt that got taken away from their defense. He was a super cool guy! They didn't reverse anything, but he explained it really clearly.

that's awesome.

how long did you have to stay on hold for that?

I thought it looked like a forward pass as well when I saw the replay after it happened

It didn't have any effect on my fantasy team so I didn't think much of it but if it did I would probably call

Good luck on getting this corrected!

that's awesome.

how long did you have to stay on hold for that?

Not very long at all, actually.

I mean, I didn't mention FF at all, and I wasn't whining or anything (even though I only called because the switch lost me a matchup with a real douche of an opponent). And it was a really tricky call--a blocked punt (by Ed Reed) that went forward, if I recall, but then was picked up by Reed and returned for a score. But because it went forward and not backwards, they ruled it...something or other. I forget the actual call. But it was legitimately confusing when the stat correction came in on Wed. So I just called to ask politely if someone could explain that correction, and in about a minute, he was the guy who came on the phone. Every bit as friendly as he seems on air when they get him in the studio during games.

Well I have my fingers crossed. But I think I have a solid case with photo evidence. It’s close, I realize, but I think he clearly flips it slightly in front of himself. They should just change it...damnit!

I'm going to call them and dispute everyone of the players I start every weekend.

I would get win as well. Live I thought it was a pass.

Not holding my breath.

If it is changed to a pass will the NFL apologize to the Falcons for not flagging the "illegal man downfield"?

Very possible is gets changed.

May not seem like a big deal, but with stat based contract incentives (not sure if Cam or McCaffery have them), a pass or a lateral could be a difference of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It may not seem like a big deal but i was undefeated and being prettty miserable to my friends before this week. Id like to keep that going.

It may not seem like a big deal but i was undefeated and being prettty miserable to my friends before this week. Id like to keep that going.

Sounds like karma got the best of you.