Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

QB Nathan Peterman to start for Bills

Tyrod Taylor to the bench.

The Buffalo Bills have benched quarterback Tyrod Taylor, and Nathan Peterman will start on Sunday against the Los Angeles Chargers, coach Sean McDermott said Wednesday.

McDermott said he remains confident in Taylor, but he decided to make the move to see if Peterman can make Buffalo a better team.

"I've been impressed with the maturity from Nathan Peterman," said McDermott, who on Monday maintained Taylor would continue to start. "I'm comfortable making a calculated risk to try and get us where we need to go."

While Tyrod hasn't played well the last couple weeks, it seems like the defense has been the main issue. :dunno:

• Like 1

I picked up the LAC D when I first hear the news this morning. Now to debate whether or not to actually use them...

Welp.....think i won the Joe Mixon for Tyrod Taylor trade we talked about last week. Wow.

Of course my opponent grabbed the Chargers last night before this hit. Ugg.

• Like 1

I would like to change my vote now to yes on last week's "Taylor for Mixon" trade thread.

Hah....nice.

Well, now Benjamin may become completely useless.

Odd move imo

As a Benjamin owner I'm looking at it from the perspective "it can't hurt". It's not like I was expecting Benjamin to go off with Tyrod. Maybe this rookie keys in on Benjamin. Who knows..

Is this the guy from Seinfeld?

you may call it Myanmar, but it will always be Burma to me

• Like 1

I'm a die hard bills fan and am elated at this news. Tyrod seems like an awesome dude who his teammates love, but he simply is a decent fantasy QB and a very below average NFL quarterback. He isn't accurate, can't make reads, can't throw from the pocket, can't throw guys open. All he does well is scramble, elude rushers, throw to guys who are wide open, and can throw a decent deep ball. While I think odds are that Peterman sucks, the bills weren't winning many (any?) games because of Tyrod and I don't think we are really much less likely to win games going forward without him.

From a fantasy prospective, I don't think much changes; maybe tiny downgrade to Clay (because Tyrod focused on him) and Mccoy (if the threat of tyrod's running opened up holes for him). I actually think this is more likely to benefit Kelvin, Matthews, and deonte thompson.'

My only concern is how the Bill's players react to this - I think Tyrod was very well liked and a leader in the locker room.

Congrats on the Mixon for Taylor move.

And thank god they got rid of Tyrod.....that should close those massive holes teams were opening up on running plays against their turnstile defense.

Im interested in more stories on this. Buffalo has almost obviously hated Tyrod for the better part of 2 years now. He DOES miss a gang of throws but his weapons were pretty weak for a chunk of his time starting. One-foot Watson, Harvin on fumes, and other wart-carrying pass catchers have been a big part of his world. But at least we get to see the Bills with a guy they actually like under center. Hopefully the team supports him and we get to see if hes decent or not.

I’m from Buffalo and keep,in touch with people from there. The consensus is Tyrod is just not accurate enough and most believe Bills are limited with him as their qb.

No one really knows how Peterman will pan out but they said he can’t be any less accurate. They cited this past game, Tyrod missed Kelvin several times with inaccurate throws.

As for weapons to throw to, they now have Kelvin, Matthews, Zay and that guy from Chicago (forgot his name). That should be good enough....but the OL is still a concern. How many teams have this gripe?

I don't think I can ever feel more sorry for a pro athlete than this guy. I was rooting hard for him. Man does he svck.

Ive said it before. The worst QB in all football, not just pros.

How is he even in the nfl?

Is it almost time to put Mariota in this conversation?

At least MM can point to injuries. Hes currently playing without full feeling in his hands. That is the type of thing thing that I dont remember besides later on Peyton Manning.