Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Homeless man gives his last $20 to help a stranded woman get gas

A homeless veteran spent his last $20 to walk and get a gas can, fill it with gas, and walk back to help a woman who became stranded on I-95 after her car ran out of gas. Woman returned and brought him $20, some food, and some clothing. She then started a gofundme to help raise money to get him an apartment, a reliable car, and 4-6 months living expenses. She set a goal of $10,000. The page has already raised over $36,000. This right here what people should do. Help one another out. Its a shame a veteran is homeless to begin with so Im glad hes getting help

http://tribunist.com/news/homeless-marine-used-his-last-20-to-buy-stranded-girl-gas-now-hes-getting-a-massive-payday/?utm_source=ITA

Or they just scammed a bunch of people. :dunno:

Yup.

I wish I wasnt so cynical but a lot of these things are total scams

Classic scam, good for them.

I really need to get in on this fleecing dumb people thing. I need to start one of these and post pics of a kid with cancer or something.

World we live in. We know leftists don't like to work and are constantly trying to scam the system. It's just a new system for them

I dont use the site but I’ll venture a guess that by now around 80-90% of gofundme type things are scams.

Fwiw it's now over 160k. If legit it's awesome. Lower taxes allows people to give more charity. And one way or another the people who are giving are doing it for the right reasons. I hope it's not a sailboat scam

Fwiw it's now over 160k. If legit it's awesome. Lower taxes allows people to give more charity. And one way or another the people who are giving are doing it for the right reasons. I hope it's not a sailboat scam

Its over $200K now. Saw a lot of people sharing it on fb So it has jumped up quite a bit

If my wife was ever dumb enough to run out of gas, on a highway in New Jersey ( theres a rest stop every 10 feet) with my kids in the car and didn't hit some strange guy who approached the vehicle with the mace I gave her, daddy might have to raise his voice a wee bit when she got home.

• Like 1

This whole thing reeks of bs. The link itself sends me to one of those congratulations, youve won something pop ups.

Lot of negativity on here.

Despite how our politicians, media, SJWs, and corporations bend Americans over and rape them on the daily I choose to believe that the people of America are still good.

And if this is a scam, well props to them. They took advantage of social media manipulation of the masses to get a few bucks from 10k people.

People need to stop and donate elsewhere

No sh*t. If I were ever inclined to donate to something like this and I got to the gofundme page and it was over 100k I'd find another "charity" to donate to. This one did well enough.

A homeless veteran spent his last $20 to walk and get a gas can, fill it with gas, and walk back to help a woman who became stranded on I-95 after her car ran out of gas. Woman returned and brought him $20, some food, and some clothing. She then started a gofundme to help raise money to get him an apartment, a reliable car, and 4-6 months living expenses. She set a goal of $10,000. The page has already raised over $36,000. This right here what people should do. Help one another out. Its a shame a veteran is homeless to begin with so Im glad hes getting help

the irony here, is he would have prefered a bottle of voldka.

• Like 1

He's more than likely mentally ill. Such is the case for most homeless people.

The funds should be put into a trust for his overall well being.

If not he'll be back living under a bridge in no time.

• Like 1

i did not read the link. is this for 1 man or a fund for vets?

if for one man, yeah...time to get to another cause.

i did not read the link. is this for 1 man or a fund for vets?

if for one man, yeah...time to get to another cause.

One guy

One guy

He did say he has 2 buddy's he wants to help as well.

So a hundred grand each is a good start.

Cool, this lady is now rich and Im still a loser. All because I dont have the guts to run a scam like this and chance it going viral.

Anyone who thinks this bum is getting a single cent is delusional. The lady who started it is the scam artist and will be pocketing every cent.

Screw it, Im gonna start the human fund.

He did say he has 2 buddy's he wants to help as well.

So a hundred grand each is a good start.

That's even worse. Do you think people who contributed wanted to give money to people who weren't even part of the story and hadn't done something nice? If what you're saying is true it just means they should have shut this fund down once they had enough for the one guy it was intended to help.

• Like 1

Update says they are doing good morning America. This guy will be a millionaire. Lol my bad, this chick I mean.

I'm very cynical of people asking for money. Why? Bcoz a lot of people suck, are w/out conscious and are born liars.

That being said, I'm also one of the most compassionate people you'll ever meet. I usually give something if I have it on me.... Especially if they have a dog, damn - I'm a sucker for the pooches.

I have a few questions... how much is the sites actual take?

Where does the money go?

How do you collect your money?

Anyone who contributed when it got to 50k is a sucker. That's more than enough to get anyone on their feet. Should have moved on to another cause.

I have a few questions... how much is the sites actual take?

Where does the money go?

How do you collect your money?

GoFundMe takes 5% from each donation. Nice little setup.

Anyone who contributed when it got to 50k is a sucker. That's more than enough to get anyone on their feet. Should have moved on to another cause.

This I agree with. Start another gofundme for one of the other homeless vets to help get them back on their feet.