Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Bucs announce Peyton Barber as starting RB

Peyton Barber is your prototypical early down back with a massive 32.7 BMI, that means he is a hulk.

I think he has RB2 ceiling and can get close to 20 touches. He was productive in college but a grinder with a low 4.3 YPC.

He could give you AD production. I would say pick him up for sure and stash or even start this week!

I can understand why people like Theo and Jacquizz, but we already know what those two can offer.

Someone like Barber and Foster are both unknown, free upside bet before the 1 pm hit.

Curious to see if they'll give Barber a feature back role today or use him with Quizz in a 50-60 split.

13 touches in a half, 10 runs and 3 catches. Looks like he is the feature back, I hope someone else picked him up beside me.

13 touches in a half, 10 runs and 3 catches. Looks like he is the feature back, I hope someone else picked him up beside me.

I rostered him to take a look. I like what I see. Martin is on the outs. The Bucs could continue to see what they have.

I am not surprise with the 23 carries and 102 yards, but leading the team on receptions and yards!!?? 4 catches and 41 yards, that's huge if he stays in as early and third down back.

Peyton Barber is your prototypical early down back with a massive 32.7 BMI, that means he is a hulk.

I think he has RB2 ceiling and can get close to 20 touches. He was productive in college but a grinder with a low 4.3 YPC.

He could give you AD production. I would say pick him up for sure and stash or even start this week!

Wow great call.

Picked him up last year on a deep roster stash, cut him, and went back to grab him but he got snagged ,,,

Lesson learned.

Sniffing aint buying.

Grabbing Mike Davis now everywhere available, and holding.

Peyton Barber gets the Lions at home in week 14 of playoffs....I have seen enough of the danny woodhead show the last couple of weeks with alex collins the lead back. I figured collins would be the early down for sure but woodhead having to share with buck allen makes me want to puke.

sure hope with no playoff hopes the bucs make doug martin a healthy scratch in week 14 with the concussion and barber keeps this same role. he sure deserves it.

with that said i am sure it will be a huge cluster since i picked him up.....jaquizzz, charles sims, doug, and peyton lol

Martin will come back, don't know how he will be used.

He's been awful.

I think this shows us it's both the Oline and Martin are both the problem for the Bucs run game.

Martin will come back, don't know how he will be used.

He's been awful.

I think this shows us it's both the Oline and Martin are both the problem for the Bucs run game.

The biggest problem the team has is the OLine, that is unquestionable to Buc fans. What is unknown is, who's the next problem. A lot of people are divided on all sides. Is it Jason Licht's talent evaluation? Is it Winston's execution? Is it Koetter's offense/play calling? Is it Martin not being able to play like he once was? I can see legit arguments from all sides. I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you that your argument would be wrong... though I couldn't really tell you that your argument would be right. Me, I think the biggest problem is Jason Licht, but I don't know if just replacing him would be the solution.

No question TB I agree with your post.

Avoiding TB backfield for rest of year......I would recommend the same.

Great call! I saw this 5 minutes before gametime and said fock it and grabbed him in both leagues. Didn't start him but probably will next week over useless Khunt and DMurray. :thumbsup:

Great call! I saw this 5 minutes before gametime and said fock it and grabbed him in both leagues. Didn't start him but probably will next week over useless Khunt and DMurray. :thumbsup:

funny

I think there's more Rb in Seattle then with the Bucs.

But Doug Martin, Jaquizz Rodgers, Charles Sims are still somewhat more of a threat to cut into Bartber's usage than Rawls and Lacy are to Evans. McKissic still could but hasn't so far and I'm doubtful that Chris Carson will resurface.

Very good points.

I think last week said a lot about how the team views Rodgers.

They skipped him and gave the ball instead too Barber.

Martin is the only real threat too him IMO, and not even so sure the team is in any hurry too get him back unto the field.

I'm not so sure the Hawks trust Davis too be their true number one.

Thanks Spencetoons you always have great points, and I find your info very important.

Personally, Id rather have Davis over Martin or Barber. I actually just dropped Martin for him.

Davis is the main back in SEA. With TB its up in the air right now. Id rather have the guy that looks like a sure thing at the moment. Both teams have putrid O-lines, but SEA has a better overall offense and higher likelihood for redzone/goal-line carries.

Updating an earlier report, Doug Martin (concussion) was a full participant at Wednesday's practice.

That makes Martin's return imminent. He should be back to face the Lions in Week 14, though it's unclear if he'll start or work behind Peyton Barber, who broke out for a career-best 143 yards from scrimmage last week at Green Bay. Martin has had a disappointing year, ranking last among qualified rushers in yards per carry (3.2).

Updating an earlier report, Doug Martin (concussion) was a full participant at Wednesday's practice.

That makes Martin's return imminent. He should be back to face the Lions in Week 14, though it's unclear if he'll start or work behind Peyton Barber, who broke out for a career-best 143 yards from scrimmage last week at Green Bay. Martin has had a disappointing year, ranking last among qualified rushers in yards per carry (3.2).

Where can you find who got reps with the first unit offense? That's usually the tell-tale sign of who the coaches favor. Not saying it can't change in-game, but I would definitely put more stock in whichever of the two got the first-unit snaps in practice.

I couldn't get Davis but would love to get a tidbit that indicates Barber might start again so I could stash him.

I couldn't get Davis but would love to get a tidbit that indicates Barber might start again so I could stash him.

ya I just picked up Barber and have Martin, picked up Davis last week. I hate Davis's match up, would love to know which Buc will get the bulk of the carrys against the Lions