Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

So are u guys sitting Russell Wilson in a must win?

I have Large Ben at home vs Baltimore (who is down their best corner). Its also a night game. I think Im starting him over Russell in one league and Cam in another.

But Im still pondering.

It really depends on your options. I wouldnt do anything crazy to avoid Russ at jags.

I have Large Ben at home vs Baltimore (who is down their best corner). Its also a night game. I think Im starting him over Russell in one league and Cam in another.

But Im still pondering.

It really depends on your options. I wouldnt do anything crazy to avoid Russ at jags.

I am thinking of going Winston vs Detroit instead.

Thats a scary call. Crab legs can no-show any week and put the screws to you. Also, with the way Detroit has been failing vs the run, will they even let Winston throw it? Will they have to if Stafford is actually limited by this latest injury? Also, Detroit can not run the ball which could lead to a lopsided situation if Tampa were to Barber their way to an early lead.

Im not saying to not do it, but I AM saying to think about it before locking it in. Aka look out for some other opinions and information on the 4 teams involved: sea, Jax, tam, and det. Injury reports, weather, any news. Then decide.

Then, the hardest part...be fine with whatever Happens. As we all know, the call that makes the most sense can still go absurdly wrong.

Thats a scary call. Crab legs can no-show any week and put the screws to you. Also, with the way Detroit has been failing vs the run, will they even let Winston throw it? Will they have to if Stafford is actually limited by this latest injury? Also, Detroit can not run the ball which could lead to a lopsided situation if Tampa were to Barber their way to an early lead.

Im not saying to not do it, but I AM saying to think about it before locking it in. Aka look out for some other opinions and information on the 4 teams involved: sea, Jax, tam, and det. Injury reports, weather, any news. Then decide.

Then, the hardest part...be fine with whatever Happens. As we all know, the call that makes the most sense can still go absurdly wrong.

Agreed. I buckled and didn't get Alex smith when I could have. Another reason I'm thinking Winston is because I have the jags d and don't want to cap myself.

Crab legs can no-show any week and put the screws to you.

There's too high a risk for Winston -or any QB I sub for Wilson - that a clunker could result, which would put me on the highest possible tilt.

Wilson hasn't had a clunker since wk5 and has been "gold-standard" ever since. Sure, it's still possible he could regress and it's quite possible the Jags will stifle him. But if I go down with Wilson - the guy who got me here - it's a result I can live with. To go down with anybody other than Wilson (and watch Wilson deliver on my bench) would be unforgivable.

I have dak.. thinking I'm going wilson the downfield coverage could be right all night and Wilson could run for 70 80 yards

Think it will truly be a tough match up for the Hawks.

The flip side to this question is are you sitting Jax D in a must win situation against Russell Wilson and the Seahawks? Would you take the Lions D against WInston and the Buccs instead?

Now that could indeed be a game changer if Ramsey isn't playing.

The flip side to this question is are you sitting Jax D in a must win situation against Russell Wilson and the Seahawks? Would you take the Lions D against WInston and the Buccs instead?

Ramsey playes Jags def

In Wilson's defense here, I'm looking at the QB's Jacksonville has faced and I'm not real impressed. Rivers did fine against them. Big Ben did poorly early in the season when he was not doing well. Goff played them before he got hot too. Otherwise they have faced the following....

Deshaun Watson 1st game of the year.

Mariota 2nd game of the year.

Ryan Mallett

Josh McCown

J Brissett twice

Andy Dalton

D Kizer

Blaine Gabbert

Lots of clowns and underachievers.

I wouldn't be concerned one bit it this were in Seattle.

• Like 2

Ok how about the fact that the game isn't in Seattle?

Wilson is accounting for 83% of Hawks offense. Even against Jags, he seems un-sittable.

only a small handful of QBs are lower risk than Wilson. He accounts for such a large % of Seattle's offense, as he goes, so goes the team. He literally is their only hope to win this tough road game. They're fighting to stay alive in the playoff hunt, so motivation isn't a question. It all comes down to execution. The odds of having a QB in addition to Wilson on your team that would be a no-brainer start (Brady, etc.) fairly low. Even Wentz has a tough match up this week, and you didn't sit him on the road at Seattle last week. You play them and hope for the best.

only a small handful of QBs are lower risk than Wilson. He accounts for such a large % of Seattle's offense, as he goes, so goes the team. He literally is their only hope to win this tough road game. They're fighting to stay alive in the playoff hunt, so motivation isn't a question. It all comes down to execution. The odds of having a QB in addition to Wilson on your team that would be a no-brainer start (Brady, etc.) fairly low. Even Wentz has a tough match up this week, and you didn't sit him on the road at Seattle last week. You play them and hope for the best.

So I assume you wouldn't play Winston over him?

In Wilson's defense here, I'm looking at the QB's Jacksonville has faced and I'm not real impressed. Rivers did fine against them. Big Ben did poorly early in the season when he was not doing well. Goff played them before he got hot too. Otherwise they have faced the following....

Deshaun Watson 1st game of the year.

Mariota 2nd game of the year.

Ryan Mallett

Josh McCown

J Brissett twice

Andy Dalton

D Kizer

Blaine Gabbert

Lots of clowns and underachievers.

I wouldn't be concerned one bit it this were in Seattle.

Wow, nice point. Glad you did this to add the balance. I wouldn’t bench Wilson unless I had another stud as my backup, like Rivers or Alex the Great. I know people are jumping on the Jimmy G bandwagon but did he throw any tds last week?

Wilson is accounting for 83% of Hawks offense. Even against Jags, he seems un-sittable.

:thumbsup:

Not going to bench the guy that got me to the playoffs now. Alex Smith is staying on the bench, where he has been all year.

I would start Smith vs the Raiders.

Surprised to see this post, I'm in a league with my daughter and son-in-law and haven't given a thought about sitting him. He's been the best QB for about a month now.

All the more reason to start Wilson. Thanks weepaws. Praise Jesus.

Benching him for Alex Smith, one of only a couple guys Id even consider. He plays the raiders league worst defense and play calling is now in the hands of someone competent. Id still fully expect a decent game from Russ. He will have like 4 points at halftime and end with 22.

Russ is QB1, Smith is QB3 in my league, not like Im sitting him for chopped liver.

• Like 1

Ben at home and the Ravens with out Smith.

I think M Bryant will have a good game.

Fail. I should have known logic and good matchup was a trap. Should have started Wilson. Smith off a great game vs the worst defense, of course he lays an egg and they dont even have to throw much.

Darn Kelce had one td called back and dropped another.

Darn Kelce had one td called back and dropped another.

Yep, Smith was good, an inch on the Kielce throw and the penalty. Then West broke a nice td in the red zone, could have been another. Just how it goes in FF. Doesnt help that Carr couldnt do squat or put pressure on chiefs offense.

One of those games. I expect another TD, but man he must be getting frustrated. 2 of his interceptions on deep balls. Throwing it up.

Fail. I should have known logic and good matchup was a trap. Should have started Wilson. Smith off a great game vs the worst defense, of course he lays an egg and they dont even have to throw much.

When in doubt, never listen to weepaws. Dude is a retard.

When Wilson had 5 points (or so) at the half, I tried to tell myself that he's been in holes like that before and came out shining at the end. But I was definitely whistling in the graveyard for much of the 2nd half.

Wilson is currently this week's QB4, pending the outcome of tonight's and tomorrow night's games.

He diffently picked it up late in that game.

But darn J Graham didn't even have one catch.

When in doubt, never listen to weepaws. Dude is a retard.

Thank you Jesus.