Sign in to follow this  
crash987

A Nick Foles HEADS-UP

There's a lot of Foles questions. Just remember if you plan on using him, you better have a backup plan. If Vikings lose Saturday, then Eagles clinch home-field before they even play. Foles becomes risky as Eagles would just need to play out the string. Nothing to gain, nothing to lose.

BE PREPARED!

• Like 1

I agree with this post but also find it hard to believe the packers even come close to winning this weekend. It is the NFL and crazy things happen but I am sure the pack are heavy underdogs.

I think the thing the team gains is more in game experience for Foles, which has immense value.

I don't think he's good enough to just think that he can automatically turn it on in the playoffs against elite competition, so sitting him for multiple weeks could just have as much opposite affect in my opinion. He needs to get the rust off, practice running the playbook, build rapport with his receivers, etc.

I don't think they sit him, especially considering he's already sitting the first round of the playoffs anyway with the bye.

Fortunately the Vikes game is Saturday so we have plenty of time to go,to plan B. I have Alex the Great waiting in the wings.

Valid point Oriole. But Pederson has said he'd like to get Sudfeld some snaps with the staters. That said, you may see Foles for a half and Sudfeld for a half. If there's nothing to play for, I don't see Foles playing the whole game.

Like I said, he becomes risky. Can you afford to take that risk in the championship?

Nice heads up.

I think it would be too early for them to rest Foles. Do they really want Foles starting a second round playoff game, after only a week and half of playing and then three weeks of sitting?

• Like 1

There's a lot of Foles questions. Just remember if you plan on using him, you better have a backup plan. If Vikings lose Saturday, then Eagles clinch home-field before they even play. Foles becomes risky as Eagles would just need to play out the string. Nothing to gain, nothing to lose.

BE PREPARED!

I don't have Foles anywhere, nor do I plan to try to acquire him, but I wouldn't be concerned if I were. With the Packers IR'ing Rodgers, I'd put their chances of being the Vikings at 5%, even in Green Bay.

(of course, this now means the Packers will win by like 30)

So Philly would win a tie break at 12-4?

Minni could lose this week and win next week and be 12-4. Philly could lose both weeks and finish 12-4. What's the tie break?

Minni could lose this week and win next week and be 12-4. Philly could lose both weeks and finish 12-4. What's the tie break?

Easy, Phily would be 10-2 vs NFC while Minn would be 9-3 vs NFC. philly has one more game vs AFC while both of MInn is against NFC.. baller

It's everybody's own choice what to do about Foles. I just wanted make people aware of a situation that could possibly sink your championship dreams.

That's what I like about these forums, reading opinions of actual players. Most of the "experts" all jump on the same wagon and bang the drum. Wrong more often than not.

If the Vikes lose, which I doubt, I will be starting Bortles.

My opponent has Wentz/Foles and started Foles last week so I just dropped Burkhead so I have a spot open to pick up Sudfeld after Sundays games are all played (in case my opponent isn't aware Foles may sit - I don't want to tip him off by picking up Sufield too early).

I might drop Sammy Watkins and pick up TJ Yates too who also plays on Monday.

My opponent has Wentz/Foles and started Foles last week so I just dropped Burkhead so I have a spot open to pick up Sudfeld after Sundays games are all played (in case my opponent isn't aware Foles may sit - I don't want to tip him off by picking up Sufield too early).

I just can't imagine them sitting foles until 4th quarter of final game. Foles needs all he can get to be ready for a superbowl run. The Eagles are really good and need him to be integrated as best as possible. There is so much coaching going on there now in terms of play calling to his strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 1

It's everybody's own choice what to do about Foles. I just wanted make people aware of a situation that could possibly sink your championship dreams.

That's what I like about these forums, reading opinions of actual players. Most of the "experts" all jump on the same wagon and bang the drum. Wrong more often than not.

If the Vikes lose, which I doubt, I will be starting Bortles.

This is what I will do. Played Jimmy G last two weeks and no way I play against Jags defense.

A reason to start Foles...

Think about 2 of the QB's this year that seem to have made the biggest just from potential bust to a top 5-7 performer in the league.

Think about a whom just now must start where he recently had a really good season, then crapped the bed when he went to a different team.

Think about what all 3 of them have in common.

Answers...

The QB's: Jared Goff, Case Keenum, and Nick Foles.

The HC: All last coached by Jeff Fisher

I picked up Foles this week for Matty Ice. Am definitely aware of the above mentioned scenario. My debate is between Foles or Big Ben. Fortunately Big Ben also plays on Monday. Whereas I was leaning toward Foles earlier in the week, I think I may go with the other Pennsyvania QB. Ben plays in a dome, but on the road where he historically does not perform as well. What is the forecast in Philly?

Why would you take Foles over Ben? Houston much easier than Oakland. Oakland has played better under new DC

Why would you take Foles over Ben? Houston much easier than Oakland. Oakland has played better under new DC

I can give you a few factors that I think would make the case. For example, it's Christmas night and the Raiders will be flying across country to play in 20 degree weather, against a non-conference team. Plus, the last time the Raiders played against Foles, he threw 7 TD's passes.

Without Brown, it's possible that the Steelers lean on Bell a lot more. Sure, Roethlisberger will have to throw, but maybe they'll look to Bell in the Red and Green Zone's more often because Brown isn't there. Not passing for TD's does hurt in fantasy football. If Ben throws for 250 yards and 1 TD, that's 16 points (in most leagues). The Eagles need to get Foles reps. They need him passing. Foles could throw for 325 and 3 TD's (25 points).

Basically, safe equals Ben if you just hope to get at least 14 points. Upside favors Foles if you think you need to swing for the fences.

I agree completely that the Eagles will want Foles to get as much real live game passing work in as possible to sync up with receivers. Week 16 and 17 will help them prep for playoff offensive game planning especially with a bye week coming up soon.

I agree completely that the Eagles will want Foles to get as much real live game passing work in as possible to sync up with receivers. Week 16 and 17 will help them prep for playoff offensive game planning especially with a bye week coming up soon.

I can give you a few factors that I think would make the case. For example, it's Christmas night and the Raiders will be flying across country to play in 20 degree weather, against a non-conference team. Plus, the last time the Raiders played against Foles, he threw 7 TD's passes.

Without Brown, it's possible that the Steelers lean on Bell a lot more. Sure, Roethlisberger will have to throw, but maybe they'll look to Bell in the Red and Green Zone's more often because Brown isn't there. Not passing for TD's does hurt in fantasy football. If Ben throws for 250 yards and 1 TD, that's 16 points (in most leagues). The Eagles need to get Foles reps. They need him passing. Foles could throw for 325 and 3 TD's (25 points).

Basically, safe equals Ben if you just hope to get at least 14 points. Upside favors Foles if you think you need to swing for the fences.

You made a good case, mate.

Like I said, you made a compelling argument ......however Ben is so much better than Foles and the Texans are so much worse than the Raiders, so everything else was secondary.

Like I said, you made a compelling argument ......however Ben is so much better than Foles and the Texans are so much worse than the Raiders, so everything else was secondary.

I assure you, I don't disagree. As you said, I was simply trying to make a reasonable argument. I don't have Foles in any league, so it didn't matter to me, but if someone did choose to start Foles, those would be reasons why I could see a justification.

I assure you, I don't disagree. As you said, I was simply trying to make a reasonable argument. I don't have Foles in any league, so it didn't matter to me, but if someone did choose to start Foles, those would be reasons why I could see a justification.

Just to be clear, I didnt post my last post to bust your balls, because I agreed, your argument was compelling. I was merely wrapping up the discussion using himdsight mixed in with final thoughts.

I like it when guys broaden our perspective, like what you did, to give us more to ponder before we decide. Thanks for that.

Just hug it out.

Just to be clear, I didnt post my last post to bust your balls, because I agreed, your argument was compelling. I was merely wrapping up the discussion using himdsight mixed in with final thoughts.

I like it when guys broaden our perspective, like what you did, to give us more to ponder before we decide. Thanks for that.

Oh yeah, we're clear. I was agreeing with you on those final thoughts. I think it was dead on. Sometimes when you overthink, you get burned.